ch trouble either, scattering 10 hits over 7 2-3

in FanArts 20.04.2019 04:31
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Travis dArnaud went 3 for 4 with a three-run homer, Bartolo Colon made his second straight strong start, and the New York Mets crushed the Philadelphia Phillies 7-1 on Monday night. DArnaud hit one of three doubles for the Mets as they took a 4-0 lead in the first. Then the catchers seventh home run of the season broke the game open in the fifth. The 41-year-old Colon (10-8) retired the first 20 batters in his last outing Wednesday against Seattle, eventually allowing two runs on three hits in 7 1-3 innings in a 3-2 win. He wasnt as dominant Monday. But staked to a big lead, he was never in much trouble either, scattering 10 hits over 7 2-3 innings. With the Mets up 7-0 in the sixth, the Phillies loaded the bases after umpire Jerry Meals ruled that Daniel Murphys foot didnt touch the bag on a two-out force play at second base. New York challenged, and the call stood on review. But Colon promptly struck out Cody Asche to end the threat. The big right-hander was taken out after 121 pitches upon allowing his only run on consecutive two-out doubles in the eighth. A.J. Burnett (6-10), like Colon a veteran who could attract suitors before Thursdays trade deadline, also was coming off a stellar outing. But after throwing 131 pitches Wednesday, one shy of his career high, Burnett got off to a shaky start this time. Curtis Granderson walked to open the bottom of the first, and Murphy drove him in with a double. Lucas Duda had an RBI single and Juan Lagares a two-run double later in the inning. Burnett settled down, retiring 11 of the next 13 batters with four strikeouts. But with two outs in the fifth, he walked Duda. Chris Young singled, then dArnaud made it 7-0. Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz was 4 for 4 with Philadelphias only RBI. TRAINERS ROOM Mets: Lefty reliever Dana Eveland was taken out after he appeared to be hit on his pitching elbow by Ben Reveres hard comebacker in the ninth. Manager Terry Collins said RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka, who went on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation Saturday, was feeling better and should be able to start playing catch by the end of the week. ON DECK LHP Cole Hamels (5-5) starts for the Phillies against Mets RHP Dillon Gee (4-3) on Tuesday night in the middle of the three-game series. Ottawa Senators Jerseys . -- The taxing preseason, which included two games in China, is finally over. Daniel Alfredsson Jersey .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. http://www.senatorssale.com/authentic-mark-stone-senators-jersey/ . -- Phil Mickelson came to the St. Jason Spezza Jersey . With the results, North America claimed 2.5 of the three available points, opening up a 17.5-12.5 lead in the overall standings. A total of 60 points are available, meaning the first team to 30.5 points will win the Continental Cup. Custom Ottawa Senators Jerseys . The 20-year-old Barkley, whose impressive form this season could earn him a place in Englands World Cup squad, was hurt in Evertons 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup on Jan.(SportsNetwork.com) - Melky Cabrera tries to continue his torrid start to the season on Wednesday when the Toronto Blue Jays resume a three-game set with the Houston Astros at Rogers Centre. Cabrera homered for the fourth straight game in Tuesdays opener and Toronto rolled, 5-2. Dioner Navarro went 2-for-4 with two doubles and two RBI and Edwin Encarnacion went 1-for-1 with three walks and two runs scored for the Blue Jays, who evened their record at 4-4. Toronto starter Mark Buehrle (2-0), who punched out 11 batters in his season debut against Tampa Bay, tossed 5 1/3 innings on Tuesday, allowing eight hits and one run with three strikeouts and a walk. "Im not striking out 11, Im not going to strikeout 11 guys in my next five starts combined," said Buehrle. "I need my defense behind me." Brett Oberholtzer (0-2) absorbed the loss for the Astros and surrendered three runs on three hits with three walks and three strikeouts in 5 1/3 frames. "I thought he did a good job keeping us in the ball game," said Astros manager Bo Porter on Oberholtzer. "Those last two walks in the sixth really hurt us. We had our opportunities. We had men on base with less than two outs. When you get in those situations you have to capitalize." Cabrera managed just three home runs all of lasst season, a year that saw him miss time with leg injuries before having a benign tumor removed from his spine Aug.dddddddddddd 30. With another home run on Wednesday Cruz would become the first Blue Jay to homer in five straight games since Jose Cruz Jr. went deep in six in a row Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2001. "I feel 100 percent now and Im ready to go. Its good. I dont have any pain now," said Cabrera. Hoping to slow him down will be righty Lucas Harrell, who picked up right where he left off last season in his initial start of the season. Harrell lost a league-high 17 games a year ago and started his 2014 campaign off with a loss on Friday to Los Angeles, as the Angels battered him for five runs and seven hits in just three innings. "Its over with and on to the next start," Harrell said. "Ill get better for my next start." Toronto, meanwhile, will counter with right-hander Brandon Morrow, who lost to Tampa Bay his first time out. Morrow surrendered four runs and seven hits in five innings of that one. "It was just one of those things where you think you threw better than the end results," Morrow said. Toronto was 4-3 against the Astros last season. On Wednesday afternoon, the Jays optioned pitcher Marcus Walden to Triple-A Buffalo and recalled pitcher Neil Wagner. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).