The mayor of a New Orleans suburb said Wednesday he is rescinding his

in Regeln und Informationen 04.04.2019 08:26
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

KENNER Jimmy Garoppolo Color Rush Jersey , La. (AP) — order banning his city’s recreation department from purchasing Nike products for use at city recreation facilities.Kenner Mayor Ben Zahn said at a news conference that he did so on the advice of the city attorney.“That memorandum divided our city and placed Kenner in a false and unflattering light on the national stage,” Zahn added.Last week’s order in a memo from Zahn came days after the athletic apparel maker began using former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick in an ad campaign. Kaepernick ignited a firestorm in 2016 when he began kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality and social injustice.Zahn’s order had drawn strong criticism in and outside the city. Louisiana’s chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union had called for him to rescind it earlier Wednesday.Issued quietly last week, Zahn’s memorandum last week said Nike products could not be purchased for use at the city’s recreation facilities. It also required the parks and recreation department director to approve all athletic purchases by booster clubs using their facilities.Kaepernick’s name was never mentioned in the memo, nor did Zahn mention it in a Monday statement clarifying his position. In the statement Monday https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Fred-Warner-Jersey , Zahn said while he applauded Nike’s message of inclusion, the company was promoting a “political message” to sell shoes.Protests of the move included a Monday evening rally by hundreds of people, including Cam Jordan, Terron Armstead and Craig Robertson of the New Orleans Saints‘ football team. The Urban League of Louisiana questioned the legality of the memo and the ACLU on Wednesday said it violates the First Amendment.Zahn was unapologetic at Wednesday’s news conference.“My patriotism will not waiver Tarvarius Moore Jersey ,” he said. “But my focus needs to be on the city of Kenner and the many great projects we have in store for our city.”Kenner is a city of about 67,000 residents in Jefferson Parish and is home to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Both Levin Black in “How to Upgrade the WR Position Without Antonio Brown” and Matt Maiocco in his “Mailbag” have come up with great ideas for possible free agents. I really like Levin Black’s idea of going after Tyrell Williams in free agency if he is available and I hope Matt Maiocco is right about how hiring defensive line coach Kris Kocurek might increase our chances of luring Ziggy Ansah. I would be very happy if those two were our only big free agent signings. They could both make a major impact on our team with a relatively modest hit to our salary cap.I would also like to take the time to thank 49ersFanSince1950 for his “Projected 2019 Niners’ Final 53 Roster” article in the fan posts. It was a wonderfully well done article and I would highly recommend those that have not already read it to do so.Even if you don’t completely agree with 49ersFanSince1950 on every little item, there is such a wealth of information to draw from. For instance, I don’t completely agree that we should sign two fairly high priced edges in free agency and then still use our #2 pick to select another edge. If we took two edges in free agency Kentavius Street Color Rush Jersey , I would ideally like to trade down with the Raiders (he also suggests trading down) for their #4 & #24 picks and select Devin White (sorry Greedy Williams fans). Even though we don’t completely agree, the names he came up with in free agency definitely gave me fruit for thought.One last thought I want to throw out there for conversation. What does everyone think of Nasir Adderley out of Delaware? I have seen him projected anywhere from the middle of the second round to the end of the fifth so I am not sure where he would go in the draft. He is from a small school so who knows how he would work out but he seems like he could be a very good choice for our free safety of the future.Now onto those sizzling hot links:49ers Mailbag: New defensive line coach could pave way for top free agentMatt MaioccoHow to Upgrade the WR Position Without Antonio BrownLevin T BlackRanking 49ers needs in 2019 NFL draftKyle Madson49ers: Kyle Shanahan, Kris Kocurek and ... Bill Belichick?Eric Branch49ers Hire Joe Woods as DB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator49ers.com Staff49ers win next season’s Super Bowl? What are the odds?Eric Branch49ers land new defensive coach with ties to Kyle ShanahanChris BidermanAnalysis: What the changing coaching staff means for 49ersChris Biderman

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).