offering Cribbs the chance he wasnt sure would

in FanArts 29.03.2019 03:20
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. A knee injury put his career in doubt as the NFL season started without him. Finally, the New York Jets called, offering Cribbs the chance he wasnt sure would ever come. "This is like a rebirth for me," Cribbs said after his first practice Wednesday. "Its a fresh start. As a rookie, I came in undrafted and I had to prove to everybody -- everybody in the NFL and everybody on my team -- that I could play on this team and do well and produce. I have to do that now again, just to show everybody, Dang, hes still got it. "And thats what I want, for people to be like, Oh, man, hes still here." The three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver-kick returner signed Tuesday with the Jets after sitting out since being cut by Oakland in late August. He wasnt completely healed from the off-season surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. "I took some time off to get healthy," he said. "Im healthy now, 110 per cent. Kind of 111 per cent." In eight seasons with the Cleveland Browns, Cribbs established himself as one of the leagues greatest return men. Hes tied with New Englands Leon Washington for the most kickoff-return touchdowns in NFL history with eight, and has also returned three punts for scores. Even with a bad knee last season, Cribbs made it to the Pro Bowl as a replacement for Baltimores Jacoby Jones. He even caught a touchdown pass from Matt Schaub in the NFLs all-star game. "I think with that name on the back, he stands there and youre going to be a little nervous because weve all been scorched by him in the past," Rex Ryan said. "Theres a knack for hitting those returns." If hes completely healthy, he could instantly improve a special teams unit that hasnt done much to help the offence with starting field position. And, he could be a versatile presence to help rookie quarterback Geno Smith. But there are some who doubt Cribbs is that type of playmaker anymore. "Hey, Ill use that, and Im trying to hear that," he said. "Ive heard a lot of good from fans, and I love that. But I want to hear the naysayers because I use that for motivation. Ive been working hard, especially after my workout here. The GM said, Be ready. Be ready. "Well, Im ready." Cribbs worked out for the Jets two weeks ago, and thought he was going to be signed in time to play against the Steelers. On Monday, his agent called him and simply said: "J-E-T-S!" "That was the call weve been waiting on," Cribbs said. Cribbs has averaged 25.9 yards on kickoff returns and 11 yards on punt returns. He has 107 career receptions for 1,161 yards and seven touchdowns, and has rushed for 753 yards and two scores, along with experience running the wildcat formation. The former Kent State quarterback is also 4 of 12 passing in his career. "I think I could be a little lightning in here, even on offence," Cribbs said. "I dont know how theyre going to use me yet ... but Im going to be in there. And teams are going to have to check into a safe like, He can throw, run and pass. Back up!" He also hopes to be a "second Geno," and teach him some new option-style plays that could come in handy. "However I can be used to help electrify this team," Cribbs said, "and add that oomph and be that it factor." For a Jets team trying to get into the playoff picture, they can use that starting Sunday against the AFC East-rival New England Patriots. Cribbs already received a quick introduction to a rivalry that has been decidedly one-sided in recent years. The Jets have lost their past five against the Patriots since a win in the playoffs in the 2010 season. "I saw it in his eyes in the team meeting," Cribbs said of Ryan. "He really wants this game. Its equivalent to a Cleveland-Pittsburgh game. He was like, Rest your legs and go home. Dont do anything for your wife. Say, Baby, next week. Im going to do it next week. Im going to take out the trash next week. Ill take the kids to practice next week. But Ive got to rest for this game. "Im going to tell him to put it on paper, so when I give it to my wife, I can be like, Hey, Rex said that I dont have to take out the trash. So he might get a call from my wife." Nike Tanjun Shoes On Sale . - Jesse Shynkaruk scored a hat trick as the Moose Jaw Warriors snapped a seven-game losing streak with an 8-2 win over the Prince Albert Raiders in Western Hockey League action on Saturday. Wholesale Nike Tanjun Shoes . Gustafsson controlled the first round after getting top position on a throw, and came out much more forcefully in the second, buckling Manuwa with a Muay Thai knee, and finishing him off with strikes on the ground. http://www.niketanjuncheap.com/. The Missouri Tigers Defensive End and SEC Defensive player of the year is eligible for the upcoming NFL draft in May. Nike Tanjun For Sale . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Cheap Nike Tanjun From China .C. -- Charles Oakley, one of the NBAs all-time tough guys, may not return to the Charlotte Bobcats bench next season because of a painful back condition he says was caused during an assault last year in Las Vegas.Montreal, QC (SportsNetwork.com) - Frederik Andersen made 23 saves and the Anaheim Ducks beat the Montreal Canadiens 2-1 on Thursday night for their eighth win in nine games. Hampus Lindholm and Matt Beleskey scored for the Ducks, who were coming off a 6-2 loss to Toronto on Tuesday, which snapped their seven-game winning streak. Beleskeys winner came 8:33 into the third period, his 15th goal of the season. David Desharnais scored for the Canadiens, who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Carey Price gave up two goals on 23 shots. It was a good game. We competed, said Montreal coach Michel Therrien. We had good scoring chances. I liked our work ethic against a first place team. But we just didnt score on the chances we had. The Canadiens lost after honoring longtime captain Saku Koivu with a tribute before the game. Koivu played his first 13 seasons with Montreal, missing almost all of the 2001-02 season while he battled non-Hodgkin lymphoma. He retired in September after spending his last five seasons with the Ducks. During a speech on the ice, he thanked fans, former teammates and the doctors who helped him beat cancer and offered condolences to the family of Canadiens legend Jean Beliveau, who died two weeks ago, saying Beliveau represented to him what the captain of a hockey team should be. Max Pacioretty, Montreals leading scorer, left the game in the third period after he wwas checked from behind into the boards by Anaheim defenseman Clayton Stoner.dddddddddddd Pacioretty was several feet from the boards in the Ducks zone when he was hit from behind by Stoner after releasing a pass. The check sent Pacioretty flying into the glass, with his head area appearing to strike first. Was it a late hit? I havent had a chance to see it, Stoner said. I hope hes alright. I didnt have any intentions to hurt him. He was on the ice for a bit before skating slowly off the ice with 15:40 remaining in the period. Stoner was not whistled for a penalty on the play but got a five-minute major a little later after fighting Brandon Prust. Lindholms slap shot from the high left side gave the Ducks a 1-0 lead 8:16 into the game, beating Price into the top of the net. After a scoreless second period, Desharnais tied the game for Montreal on a power play at 5:27 of the third with a one-timer from the right side off Andrei Markovs pass. The Ducks re-gained the lead four seconds after a power play expired when Beleskey, moving through the right circle, swept a one-timer into the top of the net off Rickard Rakells pass from behind the blue line. Game Notes The Ducks are 3-1 on a five-game road trip that finishes Friday in Ottawa ... Montreals next game is also against Ottawa on Saturday. The Canadiens are 3-1 on a five-game homestand. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).