Spangenberg had a two-run single for his first

in FanArts 12.03.2019 03:40
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- On Saturday afternoon, Cory Spangenberg couldnt wait to share the news that he was joining the San Diego Padres in a September promotion. So he did what 23-year-olds do. He tweeted, "cant believe my childhood dream has come true! want to thank my family friends and all the support from the .570!" Problem is, the Padres like to make such announcements. "We had a discussion about that yesterday," old-school manager Bud Black said. Its all good now. Spangenberg had a two-run single for his first big league hit and made two nice plays at third base to help Tyson Ross and the Padres beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 3-1 on Monday. "It was a good day in the big leagues. I think his parents were here, some relatives were here and maybe a few people from the 570 were here," Black said, referring to the area code for Spangenbergs hometown of Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania. Spangenberg, the teams first-round pick in the 2011 draft, had his contract selected from Double-A San Antonio and started at third base. He came up with the bases loaded and one out in the fifth inning and singled to right off reliever Eury De La Rosa for a 3-0 lead. "He got me down 0-2 but I was just looking for a pitch up in the zone a little bit that I could put the bat on the ball and he just happened to leave a slider a little bit up and I got enough of it to find a hole," he said. Spangenberg is the third player in Padres history to have multiple RBIs in his big league debut. His parents, two brothers and sister were at the game. "Its just nice to share this moment with them because theyve put in as much time and effort with this as I did," Spangenberg said. So alls well in the 570? "Theres unbelievable support there and they have my back all the way. Im just thankful for them," he said. Ross (13-12) pitched six strong innings, allowing one run and six hits while striking out eight and walking two. It was his 14th straight start of going six or more innings and allowing six or fewer hits. He is 7-6 with a 1.93 ERA in that stretch. A fifth-inning comebacker by Didi Gregorius hit off Ross glove but he threw out the runner. He tweaked his left knee on the play, which he and the training staff didnt realize until later. After Ross allowed a leadoff single by David Peralta in the sixth, manager Bud Black and a trainer came out to check on the tall right-hander. Black left Ross in the game. He allowed two more singles, including an RBI hit by Miguel Montero, before striking out the side. "I felt at that point he was our best pitcher," Black said. Ross said the mound visit "gave me a chance to refocus and get back to execution." Striking out the side came from "just grinding it out, really," he said. "I just minimized. Thats kind of the focus, First and third, no outs, just trying to minimize. Rene (Rivera) called some good pitches and worked his butt off back there. It was a good inning." Kevin Quackenbush struck out the side in the ninth for his second save in three chances. Arizonas Trevor Cahill (3-10) went only four-plus innings, allowing three runs and five hits while walking six and striking out five. "He walked six guys. Thats way too many in four innings," manager Kirk Gibson said. "He wiggled out of it the best he could." PADRES MOVES The Padres also promoted LHP Robbie Erlin and RHP Leonel Campos from Triple-A El Paso. Erlin made his big league debut with San Diego in 2013. Campos will make his big league debut the first time he pitches. WALK THIS WAY Rivera drew four walks for the Padres, including two intentional. He is the 30th player in franchise history to do so and the first since Chase Headley on July 30, 2012. Rivera was the ninth player and first catcher in team history to not register an at-bat despite making four or more plate appearances in a game. TRAINERS ROOM Arizona: The Diamondbacks reinstated OF Cody Ross (strained left calf) from the 15-day disabled list and RHP Daniel Hudson (reconstructive elbow surgery) from the 60-day DL. Hudson likely will work in relief. He hasnt pitched for Arizona since June 26, 2012, when he tore the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow against the Braves. San Diego: The Padres transferred 1B Yonder Alonso (right wrist surgery) and LF Carlos Quentin (bone bruise, left knee) to the 60-day DL to make room on the 40-man roster for Spangenberg and Campos. UP NEXT Arizona: Wade Miley (7-10, 4.30 ERA) has no record and a 3.86 ERA in two starts vs. San Diego this year. He is 1-6 with a 4.96 ERA in 11 career starts against the Padres. San Diego: Odrisamer Despaigne (3-5, 2.54 ERA) is 1-1 against Diamondbacks this year, including a 5-1 loss at Arizona on Aug. 22. Dwight Howard Jersey . Kansas City became the first team in baseball history to win four extra-inning games in a single postseason on Friday, as Alex Gordon crushed a leadoff homer in the 10th and Mike Moustakas added the deciding two-run blast in the Royals 8-6 win. Cheap Wizards Jerseys China . 5 Trade Deadline isnt that far away and teams will be making decisions on whether to buy, sell and decide which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value. http://www.cheapwizardsjerseys.com/?tag=...on-smith-jersey. Chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel also accused Pistorius of tailoring his testimony to fit the evidence at the scene. Pistorius denied the accusations. Nel alleged that the Olympic runner changed his aim with his 9 mm pistol to ensure that he hit Steenkamp as she fell back against a magazine rack in a toilet cubicle. Ian Mahinmi Jersey . With the players association in the midst of meetings in Las Vegas, a vote will be held on Friday to decide the CFLPAs presidency and other executive positions. Authentic Wizards Jerseys . And rest hardly led to rust for the two-time defending NBA champions.With the Leafs hitting the ice for their second day of training camp, TSN 1050 is on location at the MasterCard Centre discussing the teams biggest camp storylines with Darren Dreger, Jonas Siegel, Dave Feschuk and Jon Abbott. Leaf players Jay McClement and James van Riemsdyk also stopped by to chat about theirr off-seasons and the teams expectations in 2013-14.dddddddddddd Dreger talks Franson offer sheet, Lupul injury James van Riemsdyk talks Leafs camp day two Jay McClement talks Leafs camp day two Feschuk on Franson status, Kessel contract Abbott on the Leafs goalie battle ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).