his past five games

in Residenz des Hokage 11.03.2019 03:20
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

OTTAWA Adidas Riley Nash Jersey , Ontario (AP) — Once a victory seemed likely, the Washington Capitals put their focus into finishing a memorable night for backup goalie Pheonix Copley.Copley made 35 saves for his first career shutout and the Capitals beat the Ottawa Senators 4-0 on Saturday night.Brett Connolly had a goal and an assist to give Copley all the support he needed.“We talked about (the shutout) between the second and third,” said Connolly. “It’s good to see him get that shutout. It’s obviously a big moment for him and he’s played so well this season.”Matt Niskanen, Jakub Vrana and Michal Kempny also scored for the Capitals (22-10-3). Washington is 7-1-0 in its past eight games and has scored at least four goals in 10 of its past 13.Mike McKenna stopped 29 shots in place of the injured Craig Anderson.Copley is the first rookie goalie to blank the Senators since James Reimer in 2011.“The guys did a great job blocking shots and denying them great chances,” said Copley. “It was a real good team win.”The score was hardly flattering to the Senators, but coach Guy Boucher wasn’t too disappointed by the effort.“It wasn’t a 4-0 game, that’s for sure,” Boucher said. “We played really well and had so many scoring chances and their goalie stoned us.”Washington took a 3-0 lead midway through the second when Vrana stole the puck from Mark Stone and beat McKenna with a flashy move. Kempny made it 4-0 at the 13-minute mark when his point shot deflected off Cody Ceci.The Senators trailed 2-0 after the first period, but it could have been more if it wasn’t for McKenna.Connolly opened the scoring at 1:32 when he redirected Jonas Siegenthaler’s point shot.“When we’re ahead in games we’re definitely better,” Connolly said. “We know when we’re behind we have a lot of guys that can hurt you as well Adidas Anthony Duclair Jersey , but when we get the first one we settle in and definitely on a back-to-back it makes it easier so it was good to get that first one.”McKenna made impressive glove saves on Andre Burakovsky and Travis Boyd. Bobby Ryan also stopped a sure goal when McKenna was caught out of position.The Capitals took a two-goal lead late in the period when Niskanen got behind Ceci and tipped Nicklas Backstrom’s pass for his fifth of the season.NOTES: With Anderson dealing with an upper-body injury, Marcus Hogberg was recalled from the American Hockey League’s Belleville Senators. … The Senators honored LPGA golfer and Smiths Falls, Ontario, native Brooke Henderson prior to the game and had her drop the puck. … Ottawa’s Tom Pyatt and Max Lajoie were healthy scratches. … Washington’s Tyler Lewington made his NHL debut Saturday night.UP NEXTCapitals: Host Carolina on Thursday night.Senators: Play at the New York Islanders on Friday night. CALGARY, Alberta — Both the Calgary Flames and Winnipeg Jets skated to convincing wins over their respective opponents on Monday night.Now, the Flames (12-8-1) and Jets (12-5-2) will be looking to follow up on those victories when the two Western Conference foes clash at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Wednesday.Shortly after the Flames thumped the visiting Vegas Golden Knights 7-2 on Monday, the Jets put the finishing touches on their 6-3 triumph over the Canucks in Vancouver.Article continues below ...“The team that forgets about it wins tomorrow,” said Jets coach Paul Maurice after his team practiced in Calgary on Tuesday. “I don’t expect it to look anything like that, but I think it’s going to be a grinder. Both teams are coming in feeling good. Both teams have players that can defend and players who can play hard on the puck — even offensive players that’ll play hard on the puck, so I don’t think anybody’s putting up any of those kind of numbers or that volume of chances.”Winnipeg forward Mathieu Perreault said he and his teammates are heading into the big Western Conference matchup against the Flames as a confident group.“It should be a fun game Adidas Martin Hanzal Jersey ,” Perreault said. “We like where our game’s at right now as well. We usually focus on what we do more than whoever we’re playing, but we’ve got to be aware of the firepower they have over there.”Perreault praised Winnipeg’s line of Patrik Laine, Kyle Connor and Brian Little, who combined for nine points against the Canucks.“They’re three great players. So we definitely expect them to be a dominant line for us and they expect that from themselves so it was nice to see them contribute,” Perreault said.Laine led the way with a hat trick, while Connor scored once and set up three others and Little had a goal and an assist.Meanwhile, Matthew Tkachuk scored twice and set up two others to lead Calgary’s offensive outburst against the Golden Knights, while Sean Monahan had two goals and one assist.“We want to be a tough team to beat at home and we want this to be a place where people don’t like coming in to and we want it to be a big advantage for us and I think right now we’re playing well,” said Tkachuk following Monday’s win over Vegas. “We’ll enjoy this win tonight, but we’ve got a really tough one on Wednesday.”After recording just one assist in his past five games Adidas Blake Comeau Jersey , Johnny Gaudreau broke out of his slump with a goal and three helpers — all in the first period — against the Golden Knights.“The past few games I haven’t been finding the net,” Gaudreau admitted. “I’ve been getting good looks — hitting posts, crossbars, getting some good chances, but it was nice to capitalize … and get rewarded in that department and get a huge win for our team.”Calgary coach Bill Peters liked what he saw from his top line of Gaudreau, Monahan and Elias Lindholm on Monday.“I just know they had a lot of poise with the puck, real good deception and some creativity,” Peters said. “All three of them have the ability to score and all three of them have the ability to make plays, so they’re an unpredictable group to play against. I think they’re very comfortable playing with each other and they complement each other real well.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).