The Southern Stars have been the dominant

in FanArts 08.03.2019 02:26
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

Australia head into Sundays Womens World Twenty20 final against West Indies bidding to become champions for the fourth time in a row. The Southern Stars have been the dominant force in womens cricket in recent years but come up against a battle-hardened West Indies side, who reached their maiden final with a nail-biting six-run win over New Zealand.Englands conquerors Australia, led by inspirational skipper Meg Lanning, are overwhelming favourites for the clash, with the Singapore-born star averaging 66 with the bat in this years tournament.Lanning, who also guided Australia to victory in last summers Womens Ashes, is relishing every moment of leading the side but admits shes still learning.Taking over the role as captain has been an enjoyable experience, she said. Ive been able to talk and learn from a number of people about captaincy, which has been fantastic.The team has supported me really well. Its been good so far, Im looking forward to this World Cup and beyond. Australia celebrate victory against England in the semi-final Opener Elyse Villani has also been in sensational form with the bat, averaging 57.5 in her last three innings in the competition.Australia can also count upon a varied and prolific bowling attack, with right-arm pace bowler Megan Schutt claiming seven wickets in her last three matches. Katherine Brunt of England is bowled by Megan Schutt But West Indies boast one of the worlds best players in Deandra Dottin, and she could hold the key to their chances of beating the Aussies.Dottin has helped West Indies reach the final by averaging 27.25 with the bat and taking six wickets in her last four matches.West Indies skipper Stafanie Taylors recent form has been even better. In her last four outings the 24-year-old Jamaican, who made her international debut at 17, has taken eight wickets and averaged 36.75 with the bat. Britney Cooper cuts to the boundary against New Zealand She said: Its the first final for us. I know theres going to be some nerves around because its the first time but we just have to embrace it, just try to be calm and composed and just go out there and fight for it.But we are not intimidated by them. They have won three titles, we have nothing to lose.See if West Indies Women can overcome Australia Women in the Womens World Twenty20 Final, live on Sky Sports 2 on Sunday from 9.30am. Then see how West Indies mens side fare against England in their final, from 1.30pm on Sky Sports 2. Chase Headley Jersey . Helwani said that Weidman has been dealing with recurring swelling and pain in his knees related to torn meniscus he suffered as a teenager and the problems came to a head last week when he suffered prolonged swelling and pain in his left knee, resulting in the decision to undergo an arthroscopic scope procedure to clean up the tear in both knees. Brad Hand Jersey . Quarterback Drew Willy appeared to injure his throwing hand on the third last play of practice Thursday. http://www.cheappadresjerseys.com/?tag=c...ngenberg-jersey. Nathan Beaulieu, Tomas Jurco, Danick Gauthier and Jonathan Huberdeau had a goal and an assist each as the Sea Dogs extended the longest streak in the Canadian Hockey League this season. Clayton Richard Jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks hope an upcoming stretch of home games will be enough to get the club into the postseason. Cheap Padres Jerseys Authentic . Philbin said Thursday he wants players to treat one another with civility and he wont tolerate anything less. In taking questions for the first time since Ted Wells released his report into the bullying scandal that rocked the league, Philbin made it clear things would be cleaned up.CALGARY - The Calgary Stampeders re-signed import defensive lineman Demonte Bolden on Tuesday. Bolden, who was set to become a free agent on Feb. 15, played 17 regular-season games at defensive tackle for the Stampeders in 2013, recording 34 tackles, four sacks, three knockdowns and two fumble recoveries. Bolden missed the CFL Western Division final because of a knee injury suffered in Calgarys regular-season finale. "Demonte was a strong presence on the interior of our defensive line last season," Stampeders head coach and general manager John Hufnagel said in a release. "All reports indicate that his recovery is going well and Im looking forward to seeing him back in full form at training camp.dddddddddddd" Bolden, 28, signed with the Stampeders in 2011 after two seasons with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. He has 110 career tackles to go along with nine sacks and five fumble recoveries. "Im grateful to be returning to the Stampeders," said Bolden. "I love the city, I love the fans, I love my teammates and its great to be back. My knee is doing very well and Im working hard to get ready for the coming season." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).