NEW YORK -- Jose Bautista decided it was time to take charge, not with his bat but with his feet. [url=http://www.wholesaleairma

in Residenz des Hokage 26.02.2019 06:08
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Jose Bautista decided it was time to take charge, not with his bat but with his feet. Cheap Air Max Wholesale . The Toronto slugger stole second base without a throw with two outs in the ninth inning and scored when Dioner Navarro hit a go-ahead single, lifting the Blue Jays over the New York Yankees 5-4 Sunday for their first series win in the Bronx in nearly two years. "I just took a chance and said Im going to try and take a hop step when he comes set, and if he doesnt fake, Im going to run," said Bautista, who chose to run on his own against David Robertson. "He went to the plate, and I had the easiest stolen base. I got in scoring position early in the at-bat for Dioner." Robertson (1-3) blamed himself for letting Bautista run just ahead of Navarros liner to centre field. "I just let him slip. I didnt think hed be going, Robertson said. "I just didnt have my sharp stuff." After snapping a 17-game skid at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Toronto did not relent in the humidity even when it wasted three leads. The Blue Jays won for the seventh time in 10 games following the All-Star break -- the same record as the Yankees. But their first series win in New York against the AL East rival since Aug. 27-29, 2012, sent Toronto to Boston with a one-game lead over the Yankees for the second AL wild card. "Within our team, its more of a statement that we wont accept losing to anybody, because we are known as a team that doesnt give up and always battles and tries to come back from any game that were in," Bautista said. Aaron Sanchez (1-0) gave up Carlos Beltrans tying RBI hit in the eighth. Munenori Kawasaki had put Toronto ahead with a sacrifice fly that followed Dellin Betances two-base error on a pickoff attempt. "My cleat got stuck," Betances said. "As soon as that happened I had a feeling I was going to throw it away." Juan Francisco homered off Shane Greene leading off the fifth to put Toronto up 2-0. But Chase Headley hit his first homer with the Yankees, a drive off J.A. Happ, and two pitches later Francisco Cervelli hit his first homer in 15 months to tie it in the sixth. Casey Janssen pitched the ninth for his 16th save. Derek Jeter made two nice stops at shortstop and Brendan Ryan, a shortstop playing second base, also flashed some impressive leather while playing in Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki. The injured star was on the East Coast for a second opinion on his hip flexor from a doctor in Philadelphia. Bautista had a run-scoring grounder to first base after Jose Reyes led off the game with a single and Melky Cabrera doubled. Francisco led off the fifth with a drive into the second deck in right field for a 2-0 lead. But Happ gave it all back in a three-pitch span in the bottom half. First, Headley hit a drive deep to left. With a 1-0 count, Cervelli sent a shot to right-centre that glanced off a leaping Cabreras glove and hit the top of the right-field wall. Cervelli hadnt homered since April 25, 2013, a span of 65 at-bats. Rausmus put Toronto back up with a double to left-centre in the sixth, chasing Greene after 5 1-3 innings. "I got to have a short memory, but that one hurt," Greene said of the pitch to Rasmus. Greene allowed eight hits and three runs in his second straight difficult outing after beginning his career as a starter with two outstanding outings. Brian McCann evened it when he beat out a hit to Kawasaki, the second baseman who was playing in right field as part of a shift. NOTES: The Yankees have given up 43 unearned runs this year. They allowed 38 all last season. ... The Blue Jays designated RHP Esmil Rogers for assignment for second time this year. He did not make an appearance since his recall Tuesday from Triple-A Buffalo. ... Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira (back strain) hit off a tee and soft toss, and fielder grounders. Manager Joe Girardi said Teixeira is still day to day. ... Up next: The Blue Jays are at the Boston Red Sox. R.A. Dickey (8-10) will start Monday. The Yankees head to Texas for three games. David Phelps (5-4) pitches for New York. Wholesale Nike Air Max . The Nevada Athletic Commission voted unanimously in Las Vegas to quit granting therapeutic use exemptions for fighters undergoing the so-called TRT. Discount Air Max Online .J. -- Jaromir Jagr has hit so many NHL milestones this season for the New Jersey Devils that he is starting to downplay them. http://www.wholesaleairmax.us/ . Henrik Samuelsson and Luke Bertolucci also scored for the Oil Kings, who are now 9-0 on home ice in the playoffs to cut Portlands series lead to 2-1. Chase De Leo and Mathew Dumba responded for the Winterhawks, who suffered just their fourth loss in their last 46 games, a string of success running all the way back to Jan.(Sports Network) - The New York Yankees are running out of time. The Yankees try to put the brakes on a four-game losing streak and keep their fading postseason hopes alive on Wednesday when they continue a three-game series versus the Toronto Blue Jays at Rogers Centre. Toronto added to New Yorks woes on Wednesday, as R.A. Dickey prevailed in a pitchers duel with Andy Pettitte, and the Blue Jays eked out a 2-0 victory. Dickey (13-12) yielded just four hits and two walks while striking out eight over seven scoreless innings. Casey Janssen struck out the side in the ninth to nail down his 31st save. "It would be nice to continue to grow. These are important games, for me in particular. We are going to be competing next year, it is important to start getting it right now," said Dickey. The setback dropped New York 3 1/2 games back in the American League wild card race, where Tampa Bay and Texas currently hold the top two spots after the Rangers defeated the Rays on Tuesday. "Were getting to where we cant lose much more," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. Pettitte (10-10) gave the Yankees a chance by firing 6 2/3 effective innings, with the veterans lone mistake a solo homer to Colby Rasmus in the bottom of the fourth. Rajai Davis added a solo shot later on and finished 2-for-4 in the win, only the Blue Jays second in their last seven overall games. Getting the call for the Yankees on Wednesday will be righty Phil Hughes, who is just 4-13 on thee season with a 5. Wholesale Air Max China. 07 ERA. Hughes returned to the rotation and started against Baltimore on Thursday, but lasted just three-plus innings despite giving up a run and three hits in his teams 6-5 win. "After having not pitched a lot in the last couple of weeks, command was my biggest concern," Hughes said on Thursday. "It was pretty good. I didnt walk anybody and I was throwing a lot of strikes, so I was happy with that." Hughes is 5-6 lifetime versus the Jays with a 4.84 ERA. Toronto, meanwhile, will counter with lefty J.A. Happ, who has lost four of his last five starts. Happs latest setback came on Thursday against the Los Angeles Angels, as he allowed four runs (3 earned) and six hits in 4 1/3 innings, dropping him to 4-6 to go along with a 5.15 ERA. "Im just trying to prove to myself more than anything," Happ said. "You want to keep the team in the game and you want to have respect. Im thinking about the team more than Im thinking about anybody else analyzing me. I hope to go out and finish strong, thats for sure." Happs struggles could continue on Wednesday, as Toronto has lost his last six starts at home. Hes also 0-2 with a 6.75 ERA in three starts against the Yankees this season. Despite Tuesdays loss, New York has won 13 of its 17 meetings with the Jays this season. In fact, since 2001, Toronto has won the head-to-head matchup with New York just one time, going 10-8 against the Yanks in 10. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).