FUESSEN, Germany -- The United States qualified for the mens curling tournament at the Sochi Olympics with an 8-5 playoff victor

in Residenz des Hokage 25.02.2019 04:40
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

FUESSEN, Germany -- The United States qualified for the mens curling tournament at the Sochi Olympics with an 8-5 playoff victory over the Czech Republic on Sunday. Alcides Escobar Jersey . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. The Americans, coached by Tim Muller with Craig Brown at alternate, had kept their qualification hopes alive with a 7-5 win over South Korea in Saturdays tiebreaker. "We always seem to pick it up and bring it up the next step and find a way to play better in a game," Landsteiner said. The U.S. won its final five games at the World Curling Federations qualification event in the Bavarian town of Fuessen, and the Shuster rink will now be nominated to the U.S. Olympic team pending approval by the United States Olympic Committee. "The butterflies of winning for an opportunity like this, they never get old. Thats why we play this game," said Shuster, who won Olympic bronze in 2006 in the lead position. "These guys work their tails off and theyre some of the best in the business. Im extremely proud of how well our team has played the entire season and especially here when we had our backs against the wall," the 31-year-old Shuster said. Jiri Snitils Czech rink was playing its second playoff in as many days after losing to Germany for the first Olympic berth on Saturday. China qualified for the womens tournament in Sochi next year by beating Japan 7-6 in the playoff between the first and second-ranked teams. Japan was to get another chance to secure qualification in its playoff against third-place Norway on Sunday evening. Mike Moustakas Jersey . Those who impressed in each of the three events were asked to attend the main CFL Combine which begins Friday in Toronto. Frank White Jersey . -- Ben Brust scored 19 points to lead six Wisconsin players in double figures as the No. http://www.royalsteamproshop.com/Royals-Michael-Saunders-Kids-Jersey/ . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday.WINNIPEG -- The experiment is only a couple of games old, but new Winnipeg Jets coach Paul Maurice says hes leaving Dustin Byfuglien at forward for now. "Im going to leave him there until I . . . see something that I need to change," he said Tuesday. "That may be next week, that may be next month, that may be never. But Im not making a decision until I need to." Maurice was impressed with how Byfuglien played in Winnipegs 5-1 win over the Phoenix Coyotes on Monday night. "I think I have a pretty good handle on what hes capable of doing and I think you saw that," the coach said after a short but intense practice. Byfuglien had two assists versus Phoenix and remains the third highest-scoring defenceman in the league with 37 points. He still jumps back in on the point on power plays although at even strength he plays forward. "Sometimes its a little tough to stay on the point but its good I get out there a little more," Byfuglien says. "Im more comfortable on D so its a lot easier to go back there and just feel comfortable and know that Im doing a lot better." Although he played forward with the Chicago Blackhawks, Byfuglien says he still doesnt feel all that comfortable in the role with the Jets. "Definitely not. It will take a few weeks for that one." Maurice was pleased overall with the energy level the team showed Tuesday and says there may be too much focus on Byfuglien, in particular if he makes a mistake when many other players in a similar position go unnoticed. "We are a far better hockey team with Dustin Byfuglien at forward or at D playing close to his abilities," Maurice said. "Thats my goal. . . At the end of the day, if Ive got a guy I feel can play at the back end and up front, then thats (a) best-case scenario." Maurice replaced Claude Noel, fired on the weekend as thhe Jets floundered and lost five in a row. Whit Merrifield Jersey. Noel left the new coach a note that Maurice said he didnt get a chance to read immediately. But after reading it Monday, he had nothing but praise for his predecessor. "The point was there are very special people here, its a great town, he made that point, great organization and great players. When you get fired, youre dealing with a lot of tough emotions. For him to take time, that just shows how much he cares and the quality of man that he is. . . "He grew to love the team and the town and he was a good coach." He said he wants to thank Noel for the good work that he did with the team that might have gone unappreciated with his firing. "And Im speaking from experience." Maurice was fired by the Carolina Hurricanes (twice) and the Toronto Maples Leafs. After the win the players were a lot more upbeat than they have been for weeks, although they know it was just one game. "It was good to get back on track but this is a process so we need to bring that same level of energy every night," said forward Blake Wheeler, who enjoyed hearing cheers instead of jeers from fans. "Its been tough. We know when we deserve to get booed off the ice. We know when we deserve to get cheered on." The word "playoffs" even re-entered the Jets vocabulary, although at 20-23-5 theyre still tied on points for last place in the Central Division with the Nashville Predators. "Our goal at the start of the year was to make the playoffs and youre never out of it until youre out of it," said rookie forward Mark Scheifele, the teams No. 1 draft pick in 2011 who has seven goals and 24 points so far this season and sits fifth among rookie scorers in the NHL. "Theres still a lot of games left. All we have to do is make a good push and play as a team." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).