game comes too soon foor him.dddddddd

in Regeln und Informationen 14.03.2018 04:01
von riluowanying123 • Anwärter | 76 Beiträge

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets quarterback competition is still wide open -- with no clear-cut winner in sight. Rex Ryan isnt sure whether itll be Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith, and hes in no rush to decide. Its only minicamp, after all, and preseason games are still two months away. And thats when the Jets might get a better idea of wholl be under centre for them in Week 1 against Tampa Bay. Maybe. "Well know when we know," quarterbacks coach David Lee said Wednesday, "but we dont know right now." That about sums it all up when it comes to the quarterbacks -- and its not necessarily a bad thing. Its just that neither Sanchez nor Smith have pulled away yet. Lee said both players have taken turns looking good and then "real good" and then not too good at all. "Theyve done it together and they havent made it easy," said Lee, in his first season with New York. "They wont separate right now, but weve got time." While some would expect Sanchez, going into his fifth season, to be clearly ahead of Smith, a second-round pick out of West Virginia, both players are still learning offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinwegs West Coast-style offence. "Well continue to look at both of them, split reps, and as soon as we know, Hey, hes the guy, well let you know," Lee said. "But right now, we dont know." Sanchez has worked extensively on holding onto the ball to limit turnovers, which have plagued him the last two seasons. He had 52 of them -- 26 in each year -- during that period and it has cost the Jets some games. So, Lee has focused on having Sanchez grasp the ball with both hands, leaving his left hand on the ball as he drops back. "Yesterday was the first time he kept two hands on the ball," Lee said, "and thats after nine OTAs and a minicamp." And, thats not all: The Jets run through a "gauntlet" drill during which they try to knock the football loose. Oh, and its called "The Sanchez Drill." "He hates it," Lee said. Through it all, Sanchez still insists he is having his best off-season as a pro, and is feeling increasingly more comfortable working in Mornhinwegs system. "I just love what were doing," Sanchez said. "When youre excited about something like that, when youre coming in hanging on the guys every word, knowing that hes had so much success, knowing that we have the pieces here to put ourselves in a position to have success like that, its exciting. Its exciting stuff. "So, it makes you work that much harder and find a way to just improve on the little things each and every day and keep rolling." Sanchez has made it clear to his coaches that hes taking this competition seriously, and he fully intends to keep his starting job -- even if some media and fans believe his time in New York is nearly up. "I think maybe there was some kind of notion that Id be so upset they would draft a quarterback, that whole deal, that Id just turn it in," Sanchez said. "Thats crazy. Its crazy talk." Smith, meanwhile, is a work-in-progress who has focused on his footwork and accuracy, among other things. "Its been a brand-new world every day," Lee said of Smith. "Just struggling with the basic things, snap count at the line of scrimmage, the delivery at the line of scrimmage could be more consistent, little things are whats really killing him. But hes competed well and hes showing a really good arm and he gets better every day, and hes going to hear it all for the second time during training camp, so I expect him to get even better quicker." Smith ran the first-team offence during the second practice of minicamp Wednesday, as the Jets have been rotating the quarterbacks throughout the off-season practices. "I mean, Ive improved, subtle improvements," Smith said. "But you wont know until you actually get some reps in live-game situations. But from the point I was when I got here to the point I am now, I have improved. But theres still a long ways to go. Ryan indicated that the Jets could be open to having Smith run some read-option plays -- despite it not working with Tim Tebow last season -- if Sanchez wins the starting job. "I know what everybodys thinking if we did that, ugh, didnt we try that last year?" Ryan said. "I think certainly thats a possibility. To probably make assumptions now probably isnt the thing to do. Well let this thing pan out and well see." Smith didnt have running plays designed for him at West Virginia, but his athleticism made him a threat to make plays outside the pocket -- something that could translate in the NFL. "Thats a part of my game," he said. "I like to think my game is based within the pocket. I do things within the pocket, but I can use my athletic abilities outside of it. I think thats a part of being an all-around player and I think it helps me a lot." After Thursdays minicamp session, the Jets have no formal practices together until training camp in Cortland, N.Y., at the end of July. Most players say theyll mostly remain close to the facility and continue working out and learning their playbooks. Sanchez will also put together his annual "Jets West" camp with the skill position players on offence at his former high school in Mission Viejo, Calif. Smith said he had no comment on whether he would attend the session, but Sanchez later said that everyones invited -- as they always are. Meanwhile, at least one Jets player had a prediction on who will be the teams starting quarterback when the season starts. "I think (Sanchez) is going to be our guy," said wide receiver Santonio Holmes, recovering from a foot injury that has kept him off the field since early last season. "The coaches brought him back and they kept him on this team for a reason. Hes a great leader and hes got great potential and hes excited about this season upcoming. And, so am I." Notes: RB Mike Goodson did not practice after spending the morning at a court hearing in Morristown to be informed that the drug and weapons case against him is heading to a grand jury. Goodson and a friend were arrested last month after they were found in a car stopped on Interstate 80. Goodson has pleaded not guilty. ... Lee said backup QB Matt Simms, son of former Giants star Phil, has "a cannon for an arm," adding that its the "best arm" of the Jets four quarterbacks on the roster. "If his accuracy was better," Lee said, "hed be thicker in the hunt." Charlie Blackmon Jersey .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. DJ LeMahieu Jersey . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. http://www.cheaprockiesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-jake-mcgee-jersey . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Chad Bettis Jersey . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. Cheap Rockies Jerseys . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital.Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has confirmed that Gareth Bale will return to his sides squad for Saturdays La Liga game at home to Celta Vigo. Bale, 26, has not featured for Real since suffering a calf injury in January, and will be a significant boost to their ailing season.Gareth will be in the squad tomorrow, Zidane said at his pre-match press conference on Friday. It is very good news and it makes us very happy - and the fans, too.Bale had scored 13 goals in 17 games for Real this season before suffering his injury against Sporting Gijon in January, and in his absence their title campaign has faltered - they are currently 12 points behind Barcelona with nine games to go. And as well as Bale, Zidane will be boosted by the return of captain Sergio Ramos and Dani Carvajal from suspension, while Marcelo will also return to the squad from injury. Luka Modric is back in training, but Saturdays game comes too soon foor him.dddddddddddd Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is pleased to see Bale back Modric will not be in the squad, though, but Marcelo will, said Zidane. I dont want to take risks as we have Tuesdays game [against Roma in the Champions League] and Luka is not yet ready.[Toni] Kroos is not in the squad tomorrow, either, as he has the flu, and is not ready.Watch highlights of Real Madrids La Liga clash at home to Celta Vigo at 9.30pm on Saturday on Sky Sports 3 HD. Also See: Get Sky Sports Real Madrid video Real Madrid fixtures Real Madrid stats Bet £5 Get £20 Free Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).