Jemile Weeks in the first inning

in Regeln und Informationen 25.02.2019 04:35
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The Toronto Blue Jays went limping home from their long, losing road trip. Tony Perez Jersey . The struggling AL East leaders lost infielder Brett Lawrie and right fielder Jose Bautista with injuries and fell to the Cincinnati Reds 4-3 Sunday. Toronto was 3-7 on its visit to Baltimore, Yankee Stadium and Cincinnati. Lawrie, twice hit in the left hand by pitches earlier in the week, sustained a broken right index finger when he was hit by a pitch from Johnny Cueto in the second inning. The team didnt immediately announce how long he would be out. "Its definitely tough," said Lawrie, who said he expects to be placed on the disabled list. "Were big pieces of the puzzle, especially (Bautista). Its tough on the team to not have all its bullets. We just have to keep on grinding." Bautista left because of tightness in his left hamstring, manager John Gibbon said. The All-Star outfielder had a single and a sacrifice bunt before leaving. Cueto pitched eight effective innings and Todd Frazier broke a 2-all tie in the fifth with a two-run homer off R.A. Dickey (6-6). Toronto has lost five of six, and has dropped five straight series. Cueto (7-5) gave up three runs -- one earned -- and leads the NL with a 1.86 ERA. He gave up seven hits and struck out eight while winning his third straight start. Gibbon became just the latest opposing manager to be dazzled by Cueto, though he also was impressed by his own starter, who got two extra days of rest after his last start because of a sore groin. ""I thought (Dickey) was pretty good, except for the home-run ball," Gibbon said. "Thats been his nemesis. It was a hot day, but he stayed out there. Cueto was just a little bit better. Hes good. Hes in a different class." Aroldis Chapman struck out the side in the ninth for his 13th save. Cueto led off the fifth with a bunt single. One out later, Frazier lined his team-leading 17th homer of the season, and the sixth allowed by Dickey in his last four starts. "I felt good," Dickey said. "I gave up nine hits, but I think only two or three of them could be described as hard-hit. I think all but one of my earned runs over my last four or five starts have come on home runs. Thats tough to overcome, especially against a guy like Cueto. I knew it was going to be a scrappy game from the beginning." The Reds had their own injury concerns. Second baseman Brandon Phillips left the game in the middle of the fifth with a bruised right heel, and Cueto had to shake off a hamstring cramp to stay in the game. "When Frazier hit that ball, I went back to tag and I felt it," Cueto said through a translator. "It was just a cramp." Frazier is tied with Pittsburghs Andrew McCutchen and Baltimores Adam Jones for the most home runs in the month of June, each with seven. Edwin Encarnacion led off the Toronto eighth with his 24th home run, connecting against his former team. He hit a pair of three-run shots Friday night while Toronto was coming back from an 8-0 deficit to grab a 14-9 win. The Reds used Encarnacions error at first to take a 1-0 lead in the first. With Frazier on first and two outs, Phillips was safe when Encarnacion couldnt handle third baseman Juan Franciscos throw on a chopper. Jay Bruce converted the error with an RBI single. The Blue Jays got help from two errors to take a 2-1 lead in the third. Munenori Kawasaki reached on first baseman Joey Vottos throwing error, Melky Cabrera singled and Toronto loaded the bases on Cuetos misplay of Jose Bautistas bunt. One out later, Colby Rasmus lined a two-run single. The Reds tied the game in the fourth on Bruces leadoff double, Ryan Ludwicks single and Brayan Penas run-scoring double-play grounder. Encarnacion homered off Cueto into the left-field seats. NOTES: Bautista was scheduled for an MRI on Monday. He left for pinch-runner Jose Reyes, who didnt start after fouling a ball off the side of his left knee on Saturday. ... Toronto is scheduled to open a seven-game homestand with the first of three against the Yankees on Monday. ... The Reds are due to open their second 10-game road trip of the season with the first of three games against the Cubs. Jose Peraza Jersey . -- Jane Kish stopped all 25 shots she faced as the Weyburn Gold Wings blanked the Sudbury Lady Wolves 3-0 on Friday to advance to the gold-medal game at the Esso Cup. Billy Hamilton Jersey . The light-heavyweight champion and number one ranked pound-for-pound fighter in the world is on an 11-fight UFC winning streak, the longest in the history of the weight class. http://www.redsgearshop.com/Reds-Pete-Rose-Kids-Jersey/ . - Dolphins safety Louis Delmas has been carted off the field with a right knee injury against the Ravens.BOSTON - On the last day of his remarkable career, Derek Jeter performed one final amazing feat.He brought Yankees and Red Sox fans together.The rich and often antagonistic rivalry showed its softer side Sunday: A pregame ceremony honouring New Yorks retiring captain produced numerous standing ovations from a crowd filled with shirts from both teams. Jeter tipped his helmet to fans when he left the game for a pinch runner in the third inning of the Yankees 9-5 win.He had no idea that past captains of local pro teams would come out of the Red Sox dugout to embrace him as he stood on the outfield grass just behind shortstop during the ceremony.It was hard to envision what would happen because this is a place where weve been an enemy for a long, long time, Jeter said, and for them to flip the switch this last time coming here made me feel extremely proud.One by one, the captains came, starting with Carl Yastrzemski. He was Bostons left fielder on Oct. 2, 1978, in one of the rivalries most memorable games. Captain Carl could only look up as a much-less accomplished Yankees shortstop, light-hitting Bucky Dent, lofted a three-run homer that lifted the Yankees to a 5-4 win in a one-game AL East playoff.I started thinking about how great this rivalry has been over the years and all the things that have happened a€” the playoff games, everything, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. And I dont know how people could really unite a crowd like he did today.Such big rivals, so much history between the teams, but you would have thought that it was one team in a sense today. And I dont know how many players can do that in any sport. But I think it shows you the respect he has even against your toughest rival.The other former captains who embraced Jeter during the half-hour ceremony were Jason Varitek of the Red Sox, Bobby Orr of the Bruins, Troy Brown of the New England Patriots and Paul Pierce of the Celtics.At the start of the ceremony, the date SEPTEMBER 28 2014 was removed, one character at a time, from the hand-operated scoreboard on the left-field wall and replaced by WITH RESPECT 2 DEREK JETER. Then the S in RESPECT was replaced by the No. 2.Jeter, the designated hitter, waved his cap to a crowd as he left the dugout for his 153rd game at Fenway, including the playoffs, breaking a tie with Lou Gehrig and Mantle for most among Yankees.Its the field where the Yankees clinched the AL championship series in 1999 and the AL East title in 2005. Its also the place where the Yankees took a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS then lost the next two games at Fenway and the series in New York. Boston went on to its first World Series title in 86 years.Boston second baseman Dustin Pedroia presented a base with a No. 2 and blue pinstripes on it to Jeter. He also received a green sign with whhite characters like those on the Green Monster scoreboard saying RE2PECT. Anthony DeSclafani Jersey. A video was shown of Jeter being doused in the Yankees clubhouse as part of the Ice Bucket Challenge inspired by former Boston College baseball captain Pete Frates to raise awareness for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. or Lou Gehrigs disease, a condition Frates is afflicted with. Then Frates rode onto the infield grass in his wheelchair and Jeter came in to greet him.Michelle Brooks Thompson, a Massachusetts native from the Voice TV show, sang Respect on the infield dirt then Jeter shook hands and hugged her as the cheers poured down.Ive been a part of some chants here at Fenway Park, Jeter said with a laugh, but I dont know if any of them were good.After his chop single to third baseman Garin Cecchini a€” his 3,465th hit and 1,311th RBI a€” Jeter got a standing ovation as Brian McCann came out to pinch run and he slowly ran off the field to complete his 20th big league season, pointed to the Boston dugout and embraced pitcher Clay Buchholz.He said he told Buchholz, I know this is kind of odd but I just want to say Ive enjoyed competing against you over the years and good luck.Approaching the Yankees dugout after the teams last at-bat by a player with single-digit uniform number, the 40-year-old who has worn No. 2 since his rookie season lifted his helmet to recognize the cheers and was hugged on the warning track by Mark Teixeira and Brett Gardner. Boston players stood in their dugout and applauded.The ovation continued as others in his dugout congratulated their leader. Jeters parents watched from the stands.The final hit left him with a .310 career batting average, raising it from 30945 to .30951. And it came at Fenway Park, the same field where Mantle played his finale exactly 46 years earlier.Jeter had lined out to shortstop Jemile Weeks in the first inning.The last active member of the Core Four that included Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte, Jeter led the Yankees to 13 AL East titles, seven AL pennants and five World Series championships. He broke an ankle in the 2012 AL championship series opener and was limited to 17 games the following season. He dropped off this year to a .256 average with four homers and 50 RBIs.Before the game, Boston manager John Farrell praised Jeter for a grace and a dignity, an integrity that probably is unmatched by others.Jeter said he considered not playing in Boston after his dramatic walk off single in his Yankee Stadium finale on Thursday night. He sat out Friday nights game but went 1 for 2 as the designated hitter Saturday.There were a lot of fans that told me that they came a long way to see these last games so I felt it was right to play, he said. I played out of respect for this rivalry and the fans. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).