Nashs third-period goal put New York

in FanArts 25.02.2019 02:26
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

SUNRISE, Fla. -- Henrik Lundqvist was happy to get the chance to make amends for his previous performance. The 2012 Vezina Trophy winner rebounded from a poor game with 31 saves and Rick Nash scored his second goal of the season to lift the New York Rangers over the Florida Panthers 5-2 on Wednesday night. Lundqvist was back in net after getting pulled from a 5-0 loss at Tampa Bay on Monday, when he gave up four goals in two periods. "I just tried to play my game tonight. It was important for me and the team to bounce back with a solid performance," Lundqvist said. "Im happy with the way I played." It didnt seem anyones confidence in Lundqvist was shaken. "Thats what I expected from him," Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. "Hes a world-class goaltender, strong mentally. I didnt think the game in Tampa was a 5-0 game and tonight obviously we could have played stronger in some situations, but when we did have a breakdown we had a goaltender that made some saves." Mats Zuccarello, Brad Richards and Derick Brassard also scored for the Rangers. Carl Hagelin added an empty-net goal with 24 seconds left. Nick Bjugstad and Scottie Upshall scored in the third period for Florida. Tim Thomas allowed four goals on 21 shots. After the Panthers scored twice to cut their deficit to one, Zuccarellos power-play goal made it 4-2 with 1:28 left. The Rangers improved to 3-1 on their five-game road trip. The five goals tied their season high. With a 3-0 lead, it seemed Lundqvist was cruising toward a shutout. But two Panthers goals late in the third made it close. Florida cut it to 3-1 on Upshalls backhander in front with 7:32 left. Upshall has eight points in his past eight games. Bjugstad brought the puck through the neutral zone and put it in from the left side at 16:17 to close to 3-2. "We did a good job of coming back," Upshall said. "It was a big effort." The Panthers couldnt score again, and the Rangers scored twice in the final 1:28 to put the game away. "I wouldnt say it was one of our best games, but at the end of the day we found a way to win," Vigneault said. "And finding ways to win is the goaltender making some key saves at the right moment; we got that." Florida is 0-2 against the Rangers this season. "We werent good in certain areas," coach Peter Horachek said. "We turned pucks over when we shouldnt. We didnt manage when we should." Nashs third-period goal put New York ahead 3-0. Nash, who missed 17 games with a concussion this season, got control of the puck in the neutral zone and his wrist shot from the slot beat Thomas on the stick side at 5:32. "It was a weird game. The main thing is we got the job done on the road," Nash said. The Rangers took a 1-0 lead on Brassards power-play goal in the first. Brassard took a pass from Zuccarello in the slot and tipped it past Thomas glove at 12:13. Brassards goal was his fifth of the season and second in 10 games. The Rangers were 0 for 9 on the power play in their previous two games. New York stretched its lead to 2-0 on Richards goal late in the second period. Richards shot from the right circle went through the legs of two Panthers defenders and Thomas at 18:53. Richards has a team-high seven goals. NOTES: Rangers forward Taylor Pyatt returned to the lineup after missing eight games with a concussion. ... Panthers C Jesse Winchester missed his third game with a lower-body injury. Albert Almora Jr Jersey . Mike Ribeiro had a goal and an assist as Phoenix held on to snap a two-game losing streak with a 4-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Friday. Javier Baez Jersey . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Darcy Kuemper, Minnesota (5): He was calm, poised, and looked comfortable all game. http://www.thecubsteamshop.com/Cubs-Kerry-Wood-Kids-Jersey/. LA (SportsNetwork. Ryne Sandberg Jersey . -- The Jacksonville Jaguars are bringing back quarterback Chad Henne -- and making him the starter. Brandon Morrow Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle.Joe Mellor says Super League leaders Widnes will be out to make a statement on Thursday as they seek a first away win over Wigan for 11 years. The 25-year-old Mellor has been in sensational form along with his half-back partner Kevin Brown as the Vikings have equalled their best ever start to a Super League campaign.In the bottom four at the end of 2015 and tipped for another battle against relegation, the Vikings have silenced their critics by winning five of their opening six matches and boast the best attack in Super League as well as the leading try-scorer in Corey Thompson. But Mellor knows they face an acid test of their title aspirations against the Warriors, who are one of only two clubs with 100 per cent records so far this year and, fresh from a demolition of defending champions Leeds, have the chance to take over top spot.I think a lot of people are surprised because of the way we performed last year and where we ended up in the league, but we had a really good pre-season and obviously took that into the season, said Mellor.Nobody is getting carried away because we know it could change, were just looking to turn up each week and perform the best we can. Barrie McDermott says hes been impressed with the Vikings performances this season Warrington-born Mellor, one of 16 Wigan academy products in the two squads for Thursdays game at the DW Stadium, is playing the best rugby of his career since joining Widnes.He made two Super League appearances for the Warriors in 2012 before being sidelined for nine months with a knee injury and went on to rebuild his career under Denis Betts, another former Wigan player.Im not bitter about anything, he said. Wigan have got a really good youth set-up and I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot.Denis gave me my opportunity and [Stefan] Marsh went on dual [registration] to Widnes as well the year before me. Widnes were emphatic 46-6 victors over Hull FC last Thursday Its a good pathway for us to get some game time but now I think well be able to attract some really good players to Widnes. Were up there and competing with the likes of Wigan these days.We do really want to go out and make a statement this week. I think last week was our biggest test of the season against Hull FC and this is going to be massive.While the Vikings are averaging 35 points a game, Wigan have the meanest defence having leaked just 66 points in five games.They are unbeaten against Super League opposition at the DW Stadium since June 2014 - not that coach Shaun Wane is taking his sides imppressive home record for granted.dddddddddddd Stefan Marsh, Corey Thompson, Denis Betts and Joe Mellor look ahead to Thursdays trip to Wigan Every club that comes to the DW poses a threat to it, Wane said. I dont get carried away with the fortress comments.We need to turn up mentally and be ready to defend our line like our life depends on it. We did that last week. Unfortunately we couldnt see the game out by nilling Leeds [winning 28-6] but well have to have the same attitude against Widnes. Wigan ran out 28-6 winners in their Grand Final rematch with Leeds Theyre playing really well. Theyre scoring some points and really attacking teams.They have an advantage with their home pitch but theyre also playing well away. The attacking shapes theyre showing with Joe Mellor, Kev Brown and Rhys Hanbury out the back are outstanding.Theyve done things to Leeds and Hull that we couldnt do. We beat them both but they werent convincing wins and Widnes have absolutely pumped both teams [56-12 and 46-6 respectively]. Wigan will give a late fitness test to George Williams Widnes are set to switch Chris Dean from the second row to centre to plug the gap caused by the loss of Chris Bridge with a neck injury, while Setaimata Sa and Gil Dudson are both pushing for recalls.Wigan will give late fitness tests to stand-off George Williams, who pulled out of last weeks win over Leeds with a back problem, and second rower Liam Farrell, who is nursing a shoulder injury.Second rower Nick Gregson keeps his place in the squad after making his debut against the Rhinos and Wane may give a debut to prop Joe Bretherton if Farrell is ruled out.Wigan Warriors: John Bateman, Joe Bretherton, Gregg Burke, Josh Charnley, Tony Clubb, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Nick Gregson, Dom Manfredi, Lee Mossop, Sean OLoughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, George Williams.Widnes Vikings: Kevin Brown, Hep Cahill, Chris Dean, Gil Dudson, Alex Gerrard, Tom Gilmore, Rhys Hanbury, Aaron Heremaia, Chris Houston, Macgraff Leuluai, Manase Manuokafoa, Stefan Marsh, Joe Mellor, Eamon OCarroll, Charly Runciman, Setaimata Sa, Corey Thompson, Lloyd White, Matt Whitley.Watch Wigan v Widnes live on Sky Sports 2 HD on Thursday from 7.30pm. Catch the match for £6.99 on NOW TV. No contract. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).