The promotion came up with a matchup

in FanArts 25.02.2019 01:48
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

When heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez was forced out of his latest title defence with an injury, the UFCs debut in Mexico lost much of its lustre.Fabricio Werdum and Mark Hunt will try to restore that appeal when they fight for the interim belt at UFC 180 in Mexico City on Saturday night.This event was supposed to be a showcase for Velasquez, the Mexican-American champion who has a strong following in Mexico. Instead, the oft-injured Velasquez hurt his right knee and dropped out of his bout against Werdum (18-5-1) last month, sending the UFC scrambling for something to show the 21,000 fans who sold out the Arena Cuidad de Mexico in eight hours.The promotion came up with a matchup between Werdum, the 37-year-old Brazilian veteran on a four-fight winning streak, and Hunt (10-8-1), the 40-year-old Australian brawler with a history of thrilling fights.Yet even the fighters in the main event cant pretend their showcase is an ideal situation, knowing theyre fighting for a belt with an asterisk.Its not for the championship, Hunt said. Cain is the champion. Its a shot to fight the champion. Its bad news for Fabricio, but its great for me. Ive already won just by being here. Six years ago, people were laughing at me. Now Im here and Im winning.While Hunt is seizing his unlikely opportunity, Werdum realizes he has little to gain and plenty to lose when he steps in with Hunt, one of the UFCs most powerful punchers.Werdum, who famously beat Fedor Emelianenko in a 2010 Strikeforce bout, patiently worked his way up the ranks after rejoining the UFC three years ago, only to watch his long-awaited title shot turn into an interim fight when Velasquez couldnt stay healthy.At least hes probably the new crowd favourite: Werdum, who speaks fluent Spanish, plans to walk to the cage to the strains of Cielito Lindo, the classic Mexican song.I was supposed to fight Cain Velasquez, and all the fans were supporting him. Thats normal, Werdum said. Now theyre supporting me, so I chose a walk-out song for Mexico. Theyre going to be very happy, and Im going to use this extra energy.The undercard features rising Mexican-American welterweight Kelvin Gastelum against veteran title contender Jake Ellenberger, along with featherweights Ricardo Lamas and Dennis Bermudez.Hunt got the call from the UFC one month after he stopped Roy Nelson in Japan for his fifth win in seven fights, losing only to former UFC champion Junior Dos Santos in that stretch. Its an impressive run for a former kickboxer who lost six consecutive MMA bouts during a four-year stumble ending in 2010.Hunt took the fight with Werdum on less than four weeks notice despite being well over the 265-pound heavyweight limit. He approaches the drastic weight cut and Mexico Citys altitude challenges with his usual aplomb.Its disgusting what Im putting in my body, Hunt said. No carbs at all. Im basically working on fresh air. All the guys and I are just walking around here delirious, but its what youve got to do. A lot of protein, a lot of fish. Its disgusting. ... When I retire Im going to release a book: How Mark Hunt Lost 21 Kilos in 3 1/2 Weeks, and its going to make me a lot of money. People are going to buy it.Although Velasquez cant fight, he still travelled from Californias Bay Area to Mexico City to promote the event, constantly expressing regret about his injuries. Velasquez hopes to fight next year on another card in Mexico, but realizes he cant choose.It is frustrating, because I want to be active and keep fighting, Velasquez said. What can you do? All I do is go out there and train and fight and this stuff happens. Theres nothing I can do. Just keep positive. Ive been here before, so stay positive and get better. New Balance Baratas España . The freestyle skier from Calgary finished sixth in the qualification round with a total of 82.00 points. Groenewoud won a silver medal at the X Games last month, just over five weeks after undergoing double knee surgery. New Balance Outlet España . The match, billed as a "next-gen" encounter between two of the sports rising stars, lasted two and a half hours. The loss kept Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., from reaching a third fourth-round spot in Melbourne over the past four years. http://www.newbalancebaratas.es/. The striker headed Spurs into a 35th-minute lead and tapped in their third in the 71st after Chico Flores own goal. Wilfried Bony hit the bar and had a good penalty appeal for a push by Tottenham captain Michael Dawson turned down in the first half, before getting Swanseas consolation late on. Zapatillas New Balance Baratas . Prado stuck his glove down with Colorados Charlie Blackmon sliding into the bag, and quickly jumped back in pain after applying the tag. Prado held his left wrist as trainers came out of the Diamondbacks dugout to check him. New Balance Baratas Outlet . Its Wu-Tang and Outkast in the final. Now, we all know youve played the role of Andre 3000 in the past, does that mean Outkast is getting your vote?AJ: You know it, you know it.Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (SportsNetwork.com) - Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are set to battle for the 2014 Formula One world championship in Sundays season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. There has been an intense rivalry between Hamilton and Rosberg throughout the season, which at times has reached the boiling point. Heading into the 19th and final round of the season, Hamilton holds a 17-point lead over Rosberg. They are the only drivers who remain eligible for this years F1 world championship. Third-place Daniel Ricciardo, in his first season with Red Bull, is 120 points behind Hamilton. For the time in F1 history, double points will be awarded in a grand prix. This will be the sixth running of the Abu Dhabi GP, which starts late in the afternoon and concludes at twilight at Yas Marina Circuit, but its the third time this event serves as the last race of the season. It was also the season- finale in 2009 and 10, the first two years of this race. If Hamilton finishes no worse than second in Sundays 55-lap race here, he will claim his second world championship, regardless if Rosberg wins the event. Hamiltons first title occurred in 2008, defeating Felipe Massa by only a single point. Hamilton would clinch the title by three points if he finished second and Rosberg won the Abu Dhabi GP. I come into the race weekend to try to win, as I do every race weekend, so nothing changes there, Hamilton said. In terms of the pressure, I dont particularly feel any. I think Ive had plenty of experience through my racing career - 20 years of racing - to be prepared for today. Theres no special recipe for it. However, if Rosberg won the race and Hamilton finished third or worse, then Rosberg will claim his first F1 title. Its an intense weekend, for sure, Rosberg said. Its going to be a great battle. I look forward to it. Thats what Ive been working towards for a while now, for this sort of chance, this last race here. Lewis is a great competitor and opponent, and it would be hopefully a great end to the season. Of course, Im here to try to win the race, and then I need a bit of help from Lewis that he doesnt finish second. Thats it. So Im hoping Lewis can come up with something. Rosberg won the Nov. 9 Brazilian Grand Prix and kept his title hopes alive..dddddddddddd Hamilton placed second in Brazil after winning the previous five grand prix (Italy, Singapore, Japan, Russia and United States). On Friday, Hamilton topped the time charts in both practice sessions at this 3.451-mile (5.554-kilometer) 21-turn road course. His best lap in the first session was clocked at 1 minute, 43.476 seconds, while Rosbergs fastest lap was just 0.133 seconds behind. In the second practice, Hamilton recorded a lap in 1:42.113, while Rosberg was again second, just 0.083 seconds behind. The rivalry between Hamilton and Rosberg has gradually increased throughout the season. The two had a hard-fought battle in the Bahrain Grand Prix in April, and then there was tension between them in the Monaco Grand Prix one month later and the Belgian Grand Prix in August. Following the Belgian GP in Spa, Mercedes took disciplinary action with its drivers in hopes of easing tensions between them. But who knows what could happen between Hamilton and Rosberg in Abu Dhabi. Lewis can do something to keep it clean, which is drive cleanly himself, Rosberg said during a press conference on Thursday in Abu Dhabi. Hamilton and Rosberg dont plan to have any discussions between them about the race. Its already been discussed at the beginning of the season and several times through the season and particularly after Spa, so theres no reason to revisit it, Hamilton said. Were not children. We should know what is wrong and what is right. Hamilton won the Abu Dhabi GP in 2011 when he drove for McLaren. He was forced to retire in this race in 2009 and 12. Last year, Hamilton finished seventh here in his first season with Mercedes. Rosberg also retired in this event two years ago but recorded his best finish here last season with a third-place run. Sebastian Vettel has won the Abu Dhabi GP three times, including a victory in last years race. Vettel, the four-time F1 world champion, will make his last start with Red Bull before he moves over to Ferrari for the 2015 season, replacing Fernando Alonso. Series: Formula One. Date: Sunday, Nov. 23. Race: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Site: Yas Marina Circuit. Track: 3.451-mile (5.554-kilometer), 21-turn road course. Start Time: 8 a.m. ET. Laps: 55. Miles: 189.738 (305.355 km). 2013 Winner: Sebastian Vettel. Television: NBC Sports Network. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).