Yormark said he has accepted a job as president

in Abwesenheit 19.02.2019 03:17
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

SUNRISE, Fla. -- Michael Yormark resigned as president and CEO of the Florida Panthers on Monday, taking a job with rap mogul Jay Zs Roc Nation and setting off a front-office shake-up for the long-struggling franchise. Yormark said he has accepted a job as president and chief of branding and strategy for Roc Nation, Jay Zs sports agency. The Panthers promoted Rory Babich into the jobs that Yormark had held with the organization, and announced that general manager Dale Tallon was having his responsibilities expanded to also include business operations. "While we are sorry to see Michael leave, he has received an offer for a tremendous opportunity and we are fortunate that we will be able to continue working with him in his new role," said Panthers owner Vincent Viola, who bought the team in September. "Rory has been working with us throughout our acquisition of the team and has been partnering with Michael on the business side and Dale on the hockey side since he joined us." Babich and Tallon also will be alternate governors for the team. "Dale and I, together, will be partnering on all aspects of our business," Babich said. Yormark joined Sunrise Sports and Entertainment as its Chief Operating Officer in September 2003, was promoted to president in August 2007 and then to president and CEO of the team and SSE last September. Yormark said he still believes the Panthers, under Violas leadership, will get to the level the franchise has sought to reach for years. The Panthers have reached the playoffs only once since 2000, and are well out of post-season contention this year. "Roc Nation represents a wonderful new adventure for my family and me, and I am thrilled to join an exciting, innovative organization," Yormark said in a statement released Monday afternoon. "Roc Nation is poised to grow in to one of the most influential companies in the industry and I am looking forward to taking on this new challenge." Babich grew up in the New York area, the son of a sports writer, and said hes loved hockey since childhood. He joined the Panthers after Viola bought the team, and said his role as CEO will simply continue Violas vision to build a winner in South Florida. "Its an exciting time for us," Tallon said. "Rory and I have been together since December. Weve developed a close relationship in a short period of time. ... Were excited about what were going to do, how were going to do this and were going to work together to bring a Stanley Cup to the Panthers and their fans." Roc Nation was founded in 2008, and represents major sports stars as Robinson Cano, Kevin Durant, Victor Cruz and others. Adidas Shoes From China Wholesale . As the only competitor to try two quads, much less complete them, Kovtun ended the day nearly nine points ahead of Japans Tatsuki Machida, who opened with a clean quad but then stepped out of the triple toe loop that was the second jump in his combination. Cheap Adidas Shoes From China . Got Jacks? Pulling off a comeback for the ages, feisty Stephen F. Austin became the latest No. 12 seed to pull off an upset, tying the game on Desmond Haymons did-that-just-happen four-point play with 3. http://www.cheapadidas.us/.The third-seeded Murray, who won here in 2009, will face seventh-seeded Kevin Anderson of South Africa next on the indoor hard court. Cheap Adidas Shoes Online China . Dirk Nowitzki scored 25 points, Shawn Marion had 22 and the Mavericks beat undermanned Philadelphia 124-112 Friday night, handing the 76ers their 10th straight loss. Cheap Adidas Shoes For Sale . - All-Pro quarterback Aaron Rodgers looked spry enough in pregame warmups Sunday for Green Bays divisional playoff game against Dallas.NEW YORK -- Lindsay Davenport was in the middle of another major life milestone when she found out she had been elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame. The three-time Grand Slam champion got the call when she was in a hospital about to give birth to her fourth child in early January. With daughter Haven nearly 2 months old now, Davenport can start to reflect on the honour. "Growing up playing tennis, getting to the Hall of Fame was never even in my dreams," she said on a conference call on Monday after the class of 2014 was announced. "It seemed a little bit too big for me." The 37-year-old Davenport is thrilled that at the enshrinement ceremony in Newport, Rhode Island, on July 12, her 6-year-old son Jagger will get to learn about the sports history. He plays tennis, too. Davenport will be joined by five-time Paralympic medallist Chantal Vandierendonck of the Netherlands in the recent player category, coach Nick Bollettieri, executive Jane Brown Grimes and British broadcaster John Barrett in the contributor category. Davenport won the 1998 U.S. Open, 1999 Wimbledon, 2000 Australian Open and 1996 Olympic gold medal to go with three major doubles titles. The American held the world No. 1 ranking for 98 weeks in her career. That first major championship, at her home Grand Slam event, always will be special. "For any player who has ever played with insecurity, not sure where theyre supposed to be, how good they are, that really was a huge moment, noot just in my career but for me personally," Davenport said.dddddddddddd. Bollettieri, now 82, has coached 10 players to the No. 1 ranking, including Andre Agassi, Jim Courier, Monica Seles and Boris Becker. In 1978, he founded the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, the first full-time tennis boarding school. At a news conference in New York, Bollettieri acknowledged this was one of the few times in his life he felt at a loss for words. "To be standing aside some of the players Ive helped achieve what they are," he said, "is a dream that even Nick Bollettieri cant comprehend." Vandierendonck was a top Dutch player before she was injured in a car accident in 1983 and went on to become a pioneer in wheelchair tennis. Brown Grimes is a former managing director of the Womens Professional Tennis Council, now known as the WTA Tour Board; president of the U.S. Tennis Association; and president of the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Barrett was the "Voice of Wimbledon" on the BBC from 1971-06. His wife, former top-ranked player Angela Mortimer Barrett, was inducted into the Hall in 1993. Agassi and Steffi Graf are the only other married couple in the Hall. Davenport wishes shed done a better job during her career of following Billie Jean Kings advice to "enjoy the process." But shes proud that she believes she always played the sport for the right reasons. "Youre not great at something unless you love it," she said. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).