CAREZZA, Italy -- Canadian Caroline Calve won gold in parallel slalom on Saturday in an alpine snowboard World Cup event. [url=h

in Residenz des Hokage 14.02.2019 07:21
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

CAREZZA, Italy -- Canadian Caroline Calve won gold in parallel slalom on Saturday in an alpine snowboard World Cup event. Saucony Saldi Online . Calve, from Gatineau, Que., claimed her third career World Cup win by edging Russias Ekaterina Tudegesheva in the final, beating her opponent by just 0.06 seconds. Germanys Selina Joerg took third. "Its good to have a podium result before the Olympics," said Calve. "But its my second win within the qualification period so I wasnt that nervous before this race. Now, its even less stress." Organizers reset the course for the finals due to the slope conditions. The final course was 340 metres in length and featured 25 gates. "It was the right decision to re-set the course after the qualification," said Calve. "It made the racing so much more even, easier and more fun." Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland and Tudegesheva are joint top of the parallel standings. Calve is 40 points behind, in third. The other Canadian women did not get past qualifying. Ariane Lavigne of Lac-Superieur, Que., was 27th, Marianne Leeson of Burlington, Ont., 30th and Calgarys Ekaterina Zavialova was 40th On the mens side, the final was even closer as Frances Sylvain Dufour secured his careers second win by edging out Austrias Alexander Payer by only one hundredth of a second. Lukas Mathies, also from Austria, finished third. Dufour moved into third in the World Cup parallel standings, behind Zan Kosir of Slovenia and Mathies. Matthew Morison of Blackstock, Ont., was the only Canadian to get past the preliminaries and was 13th. Jasey-Jay Anderson of Lac-Superieur was 32nd, Torontos Michael Lambert was 37th, Matthew Carter of Maryhill, Ont., placed 39th, Steve Barlow of Courtice, Ont., finished 43rd and Sebastien Beaulieu of Sherbrooke, Que., came in 53rd. Saucony Scontate . -- Peyton Manning is the only player in this Super Bowl who has won the big game. Saucony Scontate Uomo . Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks were proof of that on Wednesday night. http://www.sauconyscontate.it/ .com) - Carmelo Anthony tallied 31 points to help the New York Knicks continue their improved play of late with a 100-92 victory over a short-handed Oklahoma City Thunder squad.TORONTO - The Blue Jays beat the Seattle Mariners 14-4 on Monday night, taking some of the edge off following a disappointing 1-6 road trip through Baltimore and New York. Prior to the game, TSN.ca sat down with veteran left-hander Mark Buehrle to follow up on his "true colours" comment from last week, his strange season, his future beyond baseball and whether he thinks the Blue Jays are close to being a legitimate contender in the American League East. Listen to the interview HERE! Below is the transcript: TSN.ca: Mark lets start with a comment that you made after your last start. This is a club, obviously, that has struggled through most of August and part of September and you said its times like this when some players or groups can show their true colours. What did you mean by that? BUEHRLE: Well, I mean, it kind of says it in the wording. Its just every year when you kind of get to the end of the year and youre out of it you just kind of see how guys go about their business, to attitudes, just everything. Its kind of everything combined, the true colours come out. When everything is going good you can get away with whatever. You can come in late and no one says anything but whenever youre late and were losing, everything gets magnified and its just kind of how people react. Even when, sometimes when you might say something to a guy about, they go, hey theres a problem or this was brought to my attention, its kind of the way, some people say I dont give a crap, who cares whatever that person says. Its just their true colours come out at the end of the year whenever, at the end of the year when things arent going right. TSN.ca: Is that worrying to you or is that just how things go and this is nothing unique to this particular team? BUEHRLE: I mean, I think it happens every year. There are people on teams on every year that you play that just, I dont even know the word to say but there are people that get like that whenever things arent going right. They just kind of have this attitude about them, showing up late, not really wanting to do anything. I dont know, its just kind of everything combined but it happens on every team when youre losing and everything. It happens. It aint just like its happened on this team. I think it happens every year. TSN.ca: This team has been a team of extremes. Lengthy winning streaks, lengthy losing streaks, it seems like its been very rare this year where youve kind of ridden a small wave. There have always been peaks and valleys. Do you have any explanation for that? BUEHRLE: No. Obviously when things are going good its fun. Weve had a lot of injuries over the course of the year, which obviously every team does so you cant make an excuse but it seemed like a lot of times we didnt have our main lineup in there. We had pieces missing the whole time so when youre putting pieces in and trying to gel as a team with your starting lineups and going out there trying every day its hard to, I guess, gel together. But I cant pinpoint why we win six or seven and then go out there and look like we cant win a game for a week. Again, thats why we play 162 games over the course of the year because youre going to have winning streaks and losing streaks and whoever comes out on top obviously are the ones going to the playoffs. TSN.ca: Weve watched your season but how would you describe it? BUEHRLE: Ups and downs. First two months were outstanding and then went into a little funk and like I said when I was 10-1, I said everything is going good for me. I mean, pitching well, defence is playing behind me, were scoring runs, bullpen holding the lead, I mean thats what you need to have a start like that. Then, obviously, it kind of came back to reality and we werent scoring runs, we werent playing defence, I wasnt pitching good. When I would pitch good we werent scoring. When I pitched bad we scored a ton of runs. It just, everything wasnt coming together like it was the first two months. TSN.ca: I think about a month ago you had a pretty good start and you said afterward that you didnt want Alex or Gibby or any of your teammates doubting you through that rough stretch that you had kind of post-All-Star Break. Did you at any point begin to doubt yourself? BUEHRLE: I mean, I think you do whenever you struggle. I dont know if its doubt or just frustration. I mean when you struggle or have some bad games, I think its human nature just to think in the back of your mind, man, what the hecks going on? Why am I pitching like this? Like I said then Ive been through stretches where Ive been dog crap before and I came out of it. I mean there was one time when I think I was like 1-10 and I couldnt get out of like the third inning for like a month. In your mind youre like, man am I done? Do I need to go home and be done with basseball because I cant get guys out anymore and then it turned around, I turned around and won some games. Saucony Outlet Italia. Its just human nature to have that feeling. It was probably one of those things I said it kind of out of frustration and you know, in my mind, Im pitching like crap right now. I dont feel that way when everybody else struggles and I know they dont feel that way with me but its just something I said. TSN.ca: Physically how have you felt this year? BUEHRLE: Felt great. Obviously there were some times when you go through a dead arm period. I mean, Ive said before, you dont really feel it but you just know when your balls not going where you want to and you dont feel as strong but overall if I can feel like this next year and the year after that then Ill take it. TSN.ca: You dont seem to be a guy who wears much. Youre able to kind of let whatever go, good, bad, ugly, whatever the case may be. Is that just the way youve always been or have you learned enough over your extensive time in this game to just kind of deal with whatever comes? BUEHRLE: I think both. I think when I was younger, obviously you worry about it more when you lose. I mean, still, when I lose now its not like Im happy or Im content with it. I still get frustrated but I know in your mind just, hey, throw it out the window and get ready for your next start whether you win or lose. I think its helped being in the game longer to have that mentality and the attitude. I mean, Ive talked to some of these guys and they say, yeah but youre established and you know if you have a bad start youre not going to be getting sent down, where as some guys may have that in the back of their mind. I think its my personality but its also being in the league that long. TSN.ca: Do you expect to pitch after this contract expires, which happens at the end of next year? BUEHRLE: Ive got to worry about next year and being healthy and going out and pitching for a full year and then after that Ive got to worry about being healthy and somebody wanting me so I dont know. Even if I had a decision in my mind right now like Im either 100-percent retiring or 100-percent coming back I wouldnt, Im not going to come out and say it because Im not going to deal with it all next year, you know hey, are you retiring, youre coming back, what are you looking for? Just, well go off in the sunset next year after the seasons over and well go home, sit down with my wife and see what we decide. TSN.ca: So youre not looking for a retirement tour of any kind where you get gifts from each and every opponent? BUEHRLE: No, no, I think you know that. The whole reason Im not going to announce anything is because I dont want to have to deal with the media every time you go to a new city where theyre going to, that citys media is going to want to talk to you about retiring. Just as I came into the league, Im going to go out of the league. I came in as a quiet, young, non-prospect guy and Im going to go out playing. TSN.ca: I dont want to go too far down this road because you still are a ballplayer but what are some of the things youd like to do beyond your time in the game? BUEHRLE: Pretty much be at home, be a dad. Get involved in kids sports, music, gymnastics, dance, I mean whatever the kids decide to do when they get older. I kind of want to be a part of their life. We miss a lot playing this game and just to go home and be at home. Hunt, be in wildlife, just do stuff that I havent done. I havent been home for a summer time in probably 25 years between college and playing ball all the time. Obviously once I signed to play pro so I havent really been at home for a summer time in that long. Go to like the Ozarks, go get a boat and pretty much have nothing to do and no time scheduled. Wherever and whenever I want to go I can do it. TSN.ca: Last one for you, I promise, is this team close to being a true contender in the American League East? BUEHRLE: I mean Id like to say yeah but I kind of, the last two years Ive said I thought we had a chance to win and see where were at? I mean theyre going in the right direction but at the same time weve still got to go out there and play. They put a good team on but weve got to have guys stay healthy to go out there and compete but, again, I cant foresee the future. I was wrong the last two years so maybe I should say no, were not going to and then that might reverse the curse or something. I dont know. TSN.ca: But those young pitchers, Stroman, Sanchez, Hutch, those guys impress you? BUEHRLE: Theyve got some young guys. I mean the whole trade deadline came up, I said its tough to trade a couple of these guys away. If theyre asking for these guys, this is your future right here. How are you going to trade it away? TSN.ca: Thanks for this, Mark. BUEHRLE: Youre welcome. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).