HOUSTON -- Dexter Fowler is looking forward to a new beginning with the rebuilding Houston Astros while also dealing with what h

in Regeln und Informationen 09.03.2018 08:00
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- Dexter Fowler is looking forward to a new beginning with the rebuilding Houston Astros while also dealing with what he calls a bittersweet ending to his time with the Colorado Rockies. Brandon Williams Jersey . Astros acquired the outfielder and a player to be named from the Rockies on Tuesday for outfielder Brandon Barnes and right-hander Jordan Lyles. Drafted by Colorado in 2004, Fowler has spent his entire career with the Rockies. He joins a team that has posted three straight 100-plus loss seasons, including a franchise-record 111 losses in 2013 in its first year in the American League. "There are definitely challenges, but at the same time you just got to look at the positives," Fowler said. "And the positive is that there are young guys here and theyre eager to win and theyre eager to put their (effort) into the game ... anything I can do to help, Im just going to go out and play hard every day and Im sure well definitely see the tides turn." The speedy 27-year-old Fowler hit .263 with 18 doubles, 42 RBIs and 19 stolen bases in 119 games last season. Fowler, a switch-hitter who primarily plays centre field, hit .300 in 2012. "One of our goals this off-season was to bring in an outfielder who can spark our offence," Houston general manager Jeff Luhnow said. "Dexter is an exciting player who can help with the bat, with his legs, and with his glove." Fowler missed a big chunk of the last month of the season with an injured left knee, but said Tuesday that the problem was behind him. "Im awesome," he said. "Im healthy and ready to go." Fowler hasnt had any extended conversations with Luhnow, but expects to play centre field for the Astros next season and called the position "home." He isnt worried about navigating Tals Hill in centre field at Minute Maid Park. "I played in the biggest yard in major league baseball, so I dont think anything is as challenging as Coors is," he said. The Astros had the lowest payroll in the majors last season at less than $30 million. Houston owner Jim Crane said this off-season that he planned to start investing money into the payroll this season, and Tuesdays move is a sign that he was serious about that statement. Fowler is set to make $7.35 next season before he is eligible for arbitration in 2015. Fowler said he doesnt know any of the Astros players. He said he does know manager Bo Porter and is looking forward to playing for him. Fowler is spending this off-season in Salt Lake City and said hell train there until spring training because he and his wife are expecting their first child in January. "She cant travel," he said, "so neither can I." The 23-year-old Lyles was 7-9 with one save and a 5.59 ERA in 27 games -- 25 starts -- in 2013. He was a supplemental first-round pick by the Astros in 2008 and fills a need the Rockies have for a starting pitcher. Lyles made his debut at 20 and already has 65 career starts. He feels fortunate to have so much experience at such a young age. "Im going to continue to learn," he said. "Ill never stop trying to learn." But he does know that pitching at Coors Field wont be easy. "The park is obviously different," he said. "A lot of people dont like going there, but Im up for the challenge and I think its going to be fun." Barnes, also 27, hit .240 with eight home runs and 41 RBIs as a rookie last season. He also became known for his knack for hustling to make great catches in centre field. "Im excited for a new chapter and a new experience," Barnes said. "Ive always prided myself on how hard I work and I plan on working really hard there and being a part of the Rockies future and hopefully winning some championships." Phil Dawson Jersey . Canadas 5-1 loss to Finland in the semifinal ranks as the tournaments most-watched game with a record 2.7 million viewers, the largest ever for a World Juniors game played outside of North America, and winning Saturday as the most-watched program on Canadian television. Andy Lee Jersey .com) - The Kansas City Chiefs activated linebacker Joe Mays from short-term injured reserve on Saturday. http://www.azcardinalsfanspro.com/Black-DJ-Humphries-Cardinals-Jersey.html?cat=902 . Ashley Wagner will skate in the womens short program for a U.S. team thats in seventh place. Davis and White won the silver medal at the Vancouver Games and are two-time world champions.DALLAS - Tyson Chandler pumped up the crowd with three alley-oop dunks in the first quarter. All J.J. Barea had to do to get a standing ovation was enter the game off the bench.A couple of key pieces from the only championship team in Dallas franchise history were finally wearing the same uniform as Dirk Nowitzki again.Nowitzki scored 21 points and the Mavericks celebrated the return of Chandler and Barea with a 120-102 victory over the Utah Jazz in their home opener Thursday night.Yeah, I was nervous, said Barea, who scored four points. I havent been nervous in a while, so it was a great feeling that I was missing.After Dallas beat Miami for the 2011 title, owner Mark Cuban decided he couldnt keep the spiritual leader in Chandler or the unlikely NBA Finals spark in the diminutive Barea on long-term deals because he thought that would hurt the teams salary cap flexibility under the new labour agreement.Cuban talked before the game about how tough it was to break the news to Barea on the teams practice court almost three years ago. All was forgotten on Dallas opening night.I was hoping to land here so it worked out great, said Barea, who rejoined the Mavericks for the veteran minimum Wednesday after Minnesota bought out the final year of the four-year contract he signed when he left Dallas. I had to wait, had to be patient but it worked out great. Im happy to be back.Derrick Favours had 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Jazz, who fell behind by 30 points in the first half of a difficult back-to-back after an opening loss to Houston at home.It was tough, Favors said. Both of these teams are playoff teams and good teams. At the same time, weve got to play better defence.Chandler signed a four-year contract with the New York Knicks after the title season and was reacquired in an off-season trade. He made all five shots and had 13 points and six rebounds in his first game in front of the fans who considered him a crucial part of Dallas champiionship mix. Josh Mauro Jersey. Mavericks newcomer Chandler Parsons matched Nowitzki with 21 points and had seven rebounds in his home debut after a rough start in a season-opening loss at San Antonio.I definitely wanted to bounce back, said Parsons, who had five points on 2-of-10 shooting in a 101-100 loss to the Spurs. You never want to play like I did in the first game.With a new cast of quick and athletic players moving the ball around him, Nowitzki had plenty of good looks with his one-legged fadeaway and went 9 of 13 from the field.The Mavericks shot 55 per cent, thanks to a fast start that included four alley-oop dunks in the first quarter.Gordon Hayward and Trey Burke scored 16 apiece for the Jazz. Burke had a game-high seven assists.TIP-INSJazz: All five starters were in double figures. The others were Alec Burks (15) and Enes Kanter (11). ... Favours and Mavericks forward Al-Farouq Aminu were back-to-back Mr. Georgia Basketball winners in high school.Mavericks: Richard Jefferson played his former team. He spent his only season with Utah in 2013-14. The 14th-year forward faced another former team in the Spurs in the opener. ... Aminu had 16 points and 10 rebounds in 19 minutes.DEFENSIVE TREND?The Jazz let the Mavericks shoot 60 per cent while building the big first-half lead, and easy shots around the rim were the problem. Thats after the Rockets shot 52 per cent from 3-point range in a 104-93 win in the opener. I dont want to make any sweeping statements about trends, but yes, I am concerned if we play bad defence for one game, so two in a row is not good, coach Quin Snyder said.BALANCING ACTDallas had seven players in double figures, all within nine points of each other. Brandan Wright had 14 points on 6-of-7 shooting, and Monta Ellis had 14 points and six assists. We have a lot of guys that are capable of playing, coach Rick Carlisle said.UP NEXTJazz: Host Phoenix on Saturday.Mavericks: Visit New Orleans on Saturday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).