A few hours before the Sochi Games wrap up halfway across the world, Ronda Rousey and Sara McMann will meet in a cage in Las Veg

in Regeln und Informationen 05.03.2018 07:08
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

A few hours before the Sochi Games wrap up halfway across the world, Ronda Rousey and Sara McMann will meet in a cage in Las Vegas for the UFCs celebration of its own Olympic spirit. Javi Martinez Jersey . Judo bronze medallist Ronda Rousey takes on wrestling silver medallist Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170 on Saturday night. Former U.S. Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier headlines the undercard against UFC newcomer Patrick Cummins. Two female Olympians have never met in the UFC octagon, and Rousey jumped on the chance to accomplish another MMA first, even if its just 56 days after she was booed out of the octagon for refusing to shake hands after her last victory over Miesha Tate. "Im super stoked, and its even better its happening with the Sochi Winter Olympics," Rousey said. "It just seems like this is the absolute perfect time for it to happen." Rousey (8-0) has become one of mixed martial arts biggest stars since her UFC debut in February 2013, and shell soon be a movie star as well. But Rousey realizes she owes her fame and fortune to judo, which took her around the world and eventually to the Beijing Olympics six years ago. With her victory over Tate on Dec. 28 still fresh in her mind, Rousey returns at the Mandalay Bay Events Center against McMann (7-0), who won silver in freestyle wrestling at the Athens Games in 2004. "Its a big challenge," Rousey said. "Its the biggest one Ive had to this day. I think its showing how quickly the womens division is progressing. The men, theyve had a lot of Olympians and guys with Olympic backgrounds competing before, but this is the first time weve had two undefeated Olympic medallists fighting for a title." Rouseys Olympic experience defines everything she does in MMA. Her judo skills have been her defining strength in the octagon, where she grabs and throws opponents to the canvas seemingly at will before landing her signature armbar submission on every fighter she has ever faced. She also learned the discipline necessary to be successful in MMA from the decidedly unglamorous world of judo, where internal politics eventually soured her on the sport. After she picked up MMA a few years ago, she found it suited her perfectly. Its much the same story for McMann, who wasnt sure what to do after her wrestling career until she found a new sport. "I do it for different reasons, but (Rousey and McMann) come from sports where you dont really make any money," said McMann, who has a young daughter. "Youre just doing it because of love of doing it," she added. "But at some point, when you have to work full-time and you have a family, you cant do all those things. There are just not enough hours in the day. So if you can do what you love to do and train professionally and then spend time with your family, thats an awesome, rare thing to be able to do." Cormier has a similar story, taking his first professional MMA fight in 2009 only after making two Olympic wrestling teams and winning gold at the Pan-Am Games. After winning his first two UFC fights as a heavyweight, he has dropped down to light heavyweight to avoid having to fight his teammate, UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez. Rashad Evans was scheduled to meet Cormier at UFC 170, but dropped out with a leg injury 10 days ago, opening the door for Cummins, who had to quit his job as a barista to take the fight on late notice. Rousey isnt worried about the quick turnaround after her third-round victory over Tate in the UFCs holiday show. That fight was her first in 10 months after taking time off to film the latest sequels in the "Expendables" and "Fast and Furious" franchises. "The movie stuff was fun, but by the time it was over, I was glad," Rousey said. "Thats why its good to do the movie stuff and fighting. By the time I was done filming, I was so ready to get back to the gym. I was sitting around Bulgaria, thinking, Man, I miss my gym." And Rousey insists she isnt plotting her escape from the sport, even while shes getting more calls for more movies and entertainment jobs. "Im a fighter," she said. "Thats why anyone in Hollywood is even interested in me at all." Milos Pantovic Jersey . The midfielder had an operation on Saturday, and is set to miss seven Premier League games, the third round of the FA Cup and the semifinals of the League Cup. Sebastian Rudy Jersey .J. - Henrik Lundqvist has done more than set a couple of franchise records for the New York Rangers this week. http://www.bayernmunichfcstore.com/authentic-james-rodriguez-bayern-munich-jersey/ . Rasmussen didnt have a decision during his four appearances in May, when he gave up two hits and no runs in two innings. Toronto used five relievers while pulling off the second-biggest comeback in franchise history on Friday night, rallying from an 8-0 deficit to a 14-9 win.DORTMUND, Germany - Borussia Dortmund says Germany forward Marco Reus will be out of action until January after suffering another ankle injury.The club said Sunday that Reus is expected to resume training at the beginning of January, meaning he wont play again before the Bundesligas winter break.Reus was stretchered off with aa right ankle injury after an aggressive challenge from former Dortmund player Marvin Bakalorz during his clubs 2-2 draw on Saturday at promoted Paderborn. Nicolas Feldhahn Jersey. eus missed this years World Cup — won by Germany — because of a left ankle injury. He was briefly sidelined recently with an injured left ankle. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).