picking up where he left off following

in Abwesenheit 11.02.2019 02:31
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

TORONTO - Two weeks into training camp, Raptors All-Star guard DeMar DeRozan hasnt missed a beat, picking up where he left off following last years breakout campaign. His conditioning, confidence and leadership qualities have caught the attention of Dwane Casey and the rest of the coaching staff, something the 25-year-old credits to his eventful off-season. With his sixth and most important season around the corner, DeRozan looks back at what he is calling the busiest summer of his life, capped off by a character building experience representing his country and helping Team USA win gold at the FIBA World Cup. DeRozan shares the highs and lows of his experience, including his toughest moment - watching Paul George suffer a gruesome leg injury, recalling what that moment was like for him and his teammates. He also has strong words for those who believe the risk of lending NBA players to international competition outweighs the reward. You can listen to the full interview HERE. Below is a transcript of the conversation. TSN.ca: DeMar, for you and Kyle both it seems like youve hit the ground running, a seamless transition from the season to playoffs to the summer and now to camp. How important has it been for you, not just this year but throughout your career, to make sure youre in game shape when you come into camp each season? DeROZAN: Its definitely important, man. Its big because me personally, I never like playing catch-up. Id rather do that on my own time, when I first start working out after the season. Me and [Lowry] understand we carry a big load and weve got to lead by example. So if we come into training camp out of shape or whatever, its going to look bad and might carry over for the rest of our team. Weve got to push them and show them were working extremely hard. Weve got to be the toughest dudes out there when it comes to working hard. Thats our mindset and its been going well. TSN.ca: Is that something youre making a concerted effort in doing during the summer, making sure youre always in game shape and ready to go? DeROZAN: Yeah, because I learned something new last year, me personally. To be prepared for the playoffs you have to really take care of your body, really be in shape, playing an extended, longer season than Im usually playing. So this summer I really stepped up my conditioning, weight training, understanding Ive got to get a lot stronger come March, April, going into the playoffs. So just a learning experience, things you go through. TSN.ca: Did it feel like it was a busier summer for you this year? DeROZAN: Yeah, for sure. I had a lot going [on]. I was in Vegas for a while, doing the [USA] training camp so this technically feels like my third training camp throughout the summer. Its definitely been a busier summer but in a good way. I competed with a lot of great players and teamed up with a lot of great players who I can learn a lot from and I think its just carrying over. TSN.ca: Is there anyone specifically on that USA team, either a player or coach, that you took a little more from, on or off the court? DeROZAN: Not just one person in particular. I think just being around 11 top players in our league for a month and a half and learning from them, day in and day out, really played a big part in mental focus and really changing my approach to the game more. TSN.ca: You had been involved in the USA program previously with the select team, how was this experience different for you? DeROZAN: Actually winning a gold medal and being on the actual team, instead of just being one of the guys trying to make the team, I feel like I just took that next step. Thats what it was all about, why I did the select team in the first place and it was an honour being a part of it because I got the opportunity to win a gold medal at a high level. TSN.ca: I imagine one of the toughest parts of the experience was being there and seeing Paul Georges devastating injury, do you remember what that moment was like? DeROZAN: Yeah, it was just a dead moment. A real dead, sad moment. Just to see anybody get hurt like that, because he was a close friend of ours and that type of player. Im a good friend of Paul and just to see somebody go down like that and have to miss a whole season is definitely sad. TSN.ca: I think a lot of people would acknowledge that a freak injury like that can happen anywhere, at any time but some might make the argument that its too big of a risk and NBA players shouldnt be allowed to participate in international competition. What would you say to those people? DeROZAN: Nah, man. You can slip down the stairs and hurt yourself. It dont mean nothing. Thats all bull crap, honestly, when people say that because when you have the opportunity to do something that you might never have in your life again, why not do it? TSN.ca: For you, what did you take out of that experience that you wouldnt have had you not been on that team, playing for your country? DeROZAN: Man, I couldnt even explain it in words, honestly. It was so much. It was just life, you know what I mean? Overall, when it comes to life and basketball, your personal life, everything. You go through so much and you see something new that basketball takes you to. It took me winning a gold medal and everything else speaks for itself. Donte Jackson Panthers Jersey .com) - Maria Sharapova rallied for a three- set win over Ana Ivanovic on Saturday to capture the season-opening Brisbane International tennis tournament. DaNorris Searcy Panthers Jersey .28 for a combined time of 1:14.70, also an Olympic record. Lee won the gold medal, defending her title from the Vancouver Games. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panther...es-blue-jersey/. LOUIS - The St. Carolina Panthers Jerseys . Although Olivetti, a qualifier, had 13 aces, he failed to force a single break-point chance on Gasquets serve and lost his own three times. Gasquet next plays third-seeded Jerzy Janowicz of Poland, who won had 18 aces in a 6-2, 6-4 win against seventh-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France. Custom Carolina Panthers Jerseys . And while taking highly-touted Simon Fraser offensive lineman Matthias Goossen second overall on Tuesday night will definitely help in an area of need for the club, it was a swap of draft picks that may prove to be his most shrewd move. "When Jesse Briggs started to fall a little bit, you could just see Kyle perk up in his chair.Winnipeg, MB (SportsNetwork.com) - John Klingberg had two goals and two assists in the Dallas Stars 5-2 victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday. Shawn Horcoff, Patrick Eaves and Jason Spezza also lit the lamp for the Stars, who have won two in a row since a two-game skid. Kari Lehtonen made 38 saves. Dallas went 4-for-8 on the power play, while Winnipeg went 0-for-2. Obviously they were trying to play real physical, and they took a few penalties, said Stars coach Lindy Ruff. The only way you can stop physical play is by putting the puck in the back of the net. For us, we had the opportunities. If you dont use those opportunities, then it keeps coming. Andrew Ladd and Toby Enstrom scored for the Jets, who have lost three straight for the first time since a season-high four-game slide from Oct. 11-19. Michael Hutchinson gave up all five goals on 32 shots. Eaves gave Dallas a 1-0 lead at 5:13 of the first period when he put home a rebound. Ladd tied the gamme at 10:14 of the middle stanza when his shot from the top of the left circle got past Lehtonen.dddddddddddd But the Stars scored the next four goals to take control. Horcoff tipped defenseman Trevor Daleys shot past Hutchinson at 14:21. Dallas made it 3-1 at 18:47 with its third power-play goal of the game. Tyler Seguins shot hit off the end boards and went right to Spezza, who beat Hutchinson from the bottom of the left circle. Klingbergs shot from the right point beat traffic in front and got past Hutchinson at 4:31 of the third. He then scored on the power play at 8:40. Enstrom lit the lamp at 12:46 to account for the final margin. I dont think were executing as well as we were, said Jets forward Mathieu Perreault. Like I said, they got some good players on the power play. Game Notes Seguin had three assists for the Stars ... The Jets start a two-game road trip Monday in Calgary, while Dallas hosts Colorado on Tuesday. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).