OTTAWA - On Friday night, the CFLs Ottawa Redblacks will return to the field. [url=http://www.footballpantherspro.com/panthers-s

in Regeln und Informationen 05.03.2018 07:07
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

OTTAWA - On Friday night, the CFLs Ottawa Redblacks will return to the field. Scott Simonson Jersey . The NHLs Senators will take the ice Saturday.Neither game has much significance in the standings for either team — the Redblacks are playing out their disappointing inaugural season while the Sens are just getting their campaign started.But after Wednesdays brazen attack on Parliament Hill, the games have become something more than just sporting events. Players on both teams say they hope to lift the heartbroken citys spirits and help begin the healing process.I think it shows we are defiant to outside threats or acts of terrorism, said Jeff Hunt, president of the Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group, which owns the Redblacks. Were going to continue to live as Canadians and enjoy our lives and enjoy our freedoms. A sporting event is never more important than after something like what happened here in Ottawa.The Redblacks game against the Montreal Alouettes will be the first large scale public gathering since Wednesdays shooting at the National War Memorial and Parliament Hill.Both the Senators, who host the New Jersey Devils on Saturday, and Redblacks said fans should expect increased security measures.The Senators said in a release that all patrons will be screened with hand-held metal detectors and have their bags searched before they will be granted access on all future event days at Canadian Tire Centre.Both teams, however, preferred the focus be on the resiliency of Ottawa residents and sports fans.Friday night I think the Redblacks game and our game Saturday that it will be real special to see a cool atmosphere and see everybody come together and show our support for everybody involved through the game, said Senators forward Kyle Turris. Anything we can do to help with spirits or take our minds off things well be happy to do.The Redblacks will hold a pre-game tribute in memory of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, who was shot and killed Wednesday, as well as two Canadian soldiers who were attacked Monday in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que. Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent was killed and another Canadian soldier was injured in that attack when a man deliberately drove a car into them.The Senators will also be holding a moment of silence in honour of the weeks events, a special ceremony and anthem presentation. The team is asking fans to wear red to the game in honour of Canadas military personnel and first responders.When this happens hockey takes a backseat, it really is secondary with a tragic incident like this, said Senators Sports & Entertainment president Cyrill Leeder. But hockey is important to Canadians and to our community here and we think we will be an important part of that moving forward process for the community.Both organizations employ a number of local players who said Wednesdays events left them shaken, but also incredibly proud.Its unsettling for sure and its sad to see, said Senators defenceman Mark Borowiecki, who grew up in an Ottawa suburb. Were such a small community and youve got such a small town feel here that sometimes you kind of forget that we are a major city and were the capital of a major western country.Senators defenceman Cody Ceci, who also grew up in Ottawa, had a number of family members working in the downtown core and worried about their safety until he was able to make contact with them.Much was the same for the local members of the Redblacks, who will take particular pride representing their community on Friday.Its special to be able to play in front of my hometown and help people take their minds off the tragedy of what happened, said fullback John Delahunt. When events like this happen Canadians seem to unite so I definitely expect to see a great sense of patriotism from the fans. Im sure it will be an emotional anthem and we can all reflect on what a great country we live in.Players from both organizations spoke of the surreal scope of emotions that went through their minds as events unfolded through the day.Its scary how something like that can happen, said Senators defenceman Chris Phillips. At the same time, as bad as it is, you get a sense of safety with it seeing what a great job the emergency teams did of containing it.Redblacks head coach Rick Campbell said Wednesdays events put the importance of sports in perspective.We always talk in football like you have to act as if its the most important thing in the world because its such a competitive sport, Campbell said. But you have to realize that it really isnt, that there are a lot more important things in the world.Players said they had no concern for their own personal safety despite the shooting.Im sure the security will be top notch and its important to get back to our lives as we know it, Delahunt said. As Canadians we cant let an event like (Wednesdays) change our lives and how we live it.Defensive lineman Keith Shologan said its natural that there will be some safety concerns, but he doesnt expect it will keep anyone from coming to the game.We live in Canada, we live in a peaceful place and these things dont happen very often and I think thats why when they do they hurt so much, Shologan said. If you let things like that affect you then the terrorists are winning.The Senators game against the Toronto Maple Leafs scheduled for Wednesday night was rescheduled for November 9.This marked the second time the Senators have had a game postponed in light of violent events. Ottawa was in Boston preparing to play the Bruins in April 2013 when bombs exploded at the Boston Marathon. Greg Olsen Jersey . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U. Kurt Coleman Jersey . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. http://www.footballpantherspro.com/panthers-ryan-kalil-blue-jersey/ . Goodell said in an ESPN Radio interview Monday (http://es.pn/1gkbauy ) that participants played harder and made the game very competitive. Goodell says he had fun watching the game Sunday and thinks fans did, too.HONOLULU, Hawaii - Jimmy Walker has a two-shot lead in the Sony Open and knows how to approach the final round.Dont let up.The experience isnt from Monday at Kapalua, where he had a three-shot lead with five holes to play and wound up losing in a playoff to Patrick Reed. Its from last year at Waialae, where he emerged from a five-way tie for the lead by closing with a 63 to win.Somebody is shooting a low round every day, and you never know where its going to come from, Walker said. So youve got to go out with the expectation youve got to shoot a good score tomorrow.On Saturday, one of those rounds belonged to Walker.With a putting performance reminiscent of his final round a year ago, Walker one-putted his last 11 holes on his way to an 8-under 62, giving him a two-shot lead over Matt Kuchar and a chance to become the first back-to-back winner of the Sony Open since Ernie Els in 2004.I feel good about what Im doing, said Walker, who was at 16-under 194. Like I said, I can only go out and control what I can do tomorrow, and I cant put anything on anybody else. Im going to just keep trying to hit the golf shots, hit the shots I see, put it under the hole, give myself some good looks, make some putts.Kuchar, one of three players tied for the lead at the start of Saturday, birdied two of his last three holes for a 68 and was two shots behind.Without the strong wind typical of this tournament, there has been a score of at least 62 every round. That led Kuchar to say that anyone within six shots of the lead would be a threat in that final round.If thats the case, this could very much be up for grabs.Brian Harman (64) and Troy Merritt (67) were three shots behind, while Tim Clark (68) and Justin Thomas (70) were another shot back.The 21-year-old Thomas, playing in the final group on the weekend for the first time, twice made key putts to turn double bogeys into only bogeys. He was tied for the lead through 12 holes until going well long on the 13th and scratching out a bogey, then dropping another shot on the 16th before closing with a birdie.Max Homa, a former NCAA champion from Cal, had a 63 and was five shots behind.Walker, however, has been steady and good during his two-week stay in paradise. This was his 13th consecutive round under par in the Aloha State, and he was tied for the 54-holle lead last week at Kapalua. Julius Peppers Jersey. .Walker said the loss stung, though he was helped by the short turnaround. And playing good golf puts last week even further in the past.Its nice to get back right where we want to be, having a chance to win, especially after last week, he said. I think its pretty cool.Still, he thought he was losing ground when he was only 1-under par for the day going to the eighth hole. He made his birdie at No. 8 and turned to caddie Andy Sanders and said, Lets get going. And they did.The key putt was a 12-footer at the par-5 ninth to keep his momentum, and a 20-foot birdie putt on the 10th. Just like that, he was back in the game, and Walker poured it on from there. Only after a tap-in birdie at the 15th did it dawn on him that he had been making a lot of putts.I kind of went back through it and I counted eight (one-putts), and then when I hit it up on the green on 16 I thought, This is going to be a tough one to keep the streak going, Walker said.From 30 feet, the putt was in the centre of the cup.Walker stretched his lead to as many as four shots until he caught a plugged lie in the bunker on the 17th, took two to get out, and then made a 5-foot bogey putt. He escaped trouble from a palm tree on the par-5 18th hole, hit his third shot from 210 yards into 10 feet and finished in style.Webb Simpson, who joined Kuchar and Thomas atop the leaderboard through 36 holes, finally struggled to make putts and shot 72 to fall six shots behind.Kuchar three-putted the seventh green for bogey to fall to 1 over on his round, and that was the last shot he dropped. He didnt make enough birdies to get back into the lead, but he made enough to at least give himself a chance.DIVOTS: David Hearn made a 10-foot birdie putt on his last hole that knocked five players out of the 54-hole cut. Seventy players made the Saturday cut at 3-under 207, a group that did not include 16-year-old Kyle Suppa, a junior at Punahou School. Suppa shot 71 and missed by two shots. ... Thomas was given relief from the out-of-bounds fence left of the ninth fairway. Because its a temporary fence — large net that can blow into a players swing — the tour staff allowed for relief this week. ... Thomas is the only player within four shots of the lead who has not broken par in every round. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).