PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks have been pulling off comebacks all season, with seemingly a different player coming through

in Residenz des Hokage 01.02.2019 04:25
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks have been pulling off comebacks all season, with seemingly a different player coming through each time. Cheap Ultra Boost 4.0 . This time, it was Eric Chavezs turn. Stuck in a rut since coming off the disabled list, Chavez hit the first pitch he saw in the ninth inning for a run-scoring single, sending the Diamondbacks to another walk-off victory, 4-3 over the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night. "Weve been good at it, its just not a fun way to play baseball," Chavez said. "Weve played so many extra-inning games, you just dont want to play like that. But we are good late. I dont know what that means, but that was a good one." Arizona has had a knack for walking away with wins this season and pulled off another one against the Giants. After Brad Ziegler (8-1) worked a perfect ninth, Willie Bloomquist opened the bottom half with a single off Sandy Rosario (3-2) for his third hit and moved up on Adam Eatons sacrifice bunt. After an intentional walk to Paul Goldschmidt, Chavez lined his single into left-centre for his fifth career game-ending hit, sending the Diamondbacks rushing out of their dugout to greet him. It was Arizonas 12th walk-off victory this season and 29th comeback win. It may also be the trigger that gets Chavez back in the groove he was in before going on the DL Aug 10 with a strained left knee. Hitting .299 before the injury, he had gone hitless in 12 at-bats since coming off the DL, including an 0-for-4 start against the Giants. Chavez ended the streak in dramatic fashion, lining a high fastball to the opposite field. "He came to me during (batting practice) and said, My swing stinks right now, but I might come through in a big spot," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "He hung tough a got a good pitch." San Francisco won the series opener 1-0 and rallied from a 3-0 deficit to tie the middle game. Starter Ryan Vogelsong gave the Giants a chance with six effective innings, but the bullpen, which has been stellar let it slip away. The run off Rosario was the second allowed by San Franciscos bullpen in 20 2-3 innings that past seven games. Gregor Blanco hit a solo homer and Hunter Pence had three hits for the Giants. "A hard fought game, the guys did well coming back," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "They got the leadoff hitter and that puts pressure on you." Vogelsong had been sharp since coming off the disabled list for a broken right hand, going 3-1 with a 2.55 ERA. But the right-hander has struggled his second time through the order all season and Saturday was no different. Vogelsong escaped a bases-loaded jam in the third inning, but Arizona opened the fourth with three straight hits, the last a run-scoring single by Miguel Montero. Gerardo Parra followed with a sacrifice fly and Bloomquist made it 3-0 with a run-scoring single. Opponents are hitting .349 against Vogelsong the second time through the order after the Diamondbacks went 5 for 6 with a walk and two sacrifices. "In that one inning, I got a little loose mechanically and that had an effect on how sharp the pitches were," said Vogelsong, who allowed three runs on nine hits. "The rest of the game wasnt too bad." Arizona starter Trevor Cahill escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first by getting Pablo Sandoval to fly out. Cahill was helped by double plays in the fourth and fifth. He seemed to tire by the seventh inning, when Blanco hit his third pitch out to right for a homer and Marco Scutaro chased him with a run-scoring triple. Buster Posey tied the game at 3 later in the inning with a run-scoring single off Josh Collmenter. Cahill yielded three runs and nine hits in 6 1-3 innings. "I had some guys on base all night and had to make some big pitches, just probably trying to do a little too much there at the end," Cahill said. NOTES: Vogelsong singled in the fifth for his second hit in 24 at-bats this season. ... Arizonas Martin Prado is hitting .364 since the All-Star break after going 3 for 4. ... Giants CF Angel Pagan saved a run in the seventh with a diving catch on Aaron Hills liner. ... Arizona LHP Patrick Corbin will pitch the series finale Sunday after allowing eight earned runs in 5 1-3 innings against Philadelphia in his last start. ... RHP Yusmeiro Petit will make his second start for the Giants on Sunday. He earned his first victory in the majors since 2009 by allowing two runs over six innings against Colorado in his first start this season. Cheap Ultra Boost China . The 6-foot-10 centre who won an NBA title with the Miami Heat was voted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday, adding that honour to becoming a board member at his alma mater. Mens Ultra Boost .D. Martinezs ninth-inning sacrifice fly scored Torii Hunter with the winning run and the Detroit Tigers beat the Minnesota Twins 4-3 Sunday. http://www.cheapultraboost.us/ . He will be practicing with the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) on a conditioning assignment. - @AnaheimDucks Corey Perry has a knee sprain and will miss the next three to four weeks.DENVER - The question was simple: Are you coming back next year?As was the case with almost everything Sunday, Peyton Manning didnt have much of an answer. Or at least not the ones Broncos fans were looking for.A few minutes after Denvers 24-13 loss to Indianapolis in the AFC divisional playoffs, the 38-year-old quarterback was noncommittal about returning for the 2015 season, which would be his fourth in the Mile High City.Asked in his postgame news conference where his mindset is for next season, Manning reiterated what he had said earlier to Broncos play-by-play voice Dave Logan: I didnt have a great answer for him.Asked again, directly, if he could say Im coming back, Manning didnt budge, saying he was more focused on the disappointment of the loss to his former team.I cant give a simple answer without processing it, he said. I cant say that. I could not say that.A marked contrast from last year at the Super Bowl, when Manning committed to coming back for 2014, or as recently as two weeks ago, when he said he certainly planned on being back for 2015 if the Broncos would have him.Until the middle of November, that never looked as if it was in doubt.Then, came the 22-7 loss to the Rams that motivated the Broncos to revamp their entire offence, turning a unit that broke NFL records for scoring and passing in 2013 into a grind-it-out operation.Around then, questions percolated about the health of the 17th-year quarterback. In the aftermath of his 26-for-46, 211-yard performance against his former team — his second home playoff loss in the AFC divisional round in three seasons in Denver — Manning was forthcoming about a thigh bruise he suffered in a Dec. 14 game at San Diego. Yes, it lingered, but it wasnt bad enough to keep him out of this one.Nothing more to it than that, he said. And I ... felt good with it coming into the day.If hes not injured, that leaves only one obvious explanation for the deterioration of his game.Hes getting old. Fast.Stats tell part of the story. Since the Rams game, his quarterback rating has been 84.6, about 13 points below his career average.Pictures do, too. Even for a quarterback who cant run, it waas hard watching him roll out in the third quarter, then pass up the run and instead throw an incompletion despite a 20-yard gap between him and any defender on a third-and-5. White Ultra Boost. .Didnt play well enough today and didnt play well enough consistently in the second half of the season, especially in the games we lost, Manning said.His unwillingness to commit made coach John Foxs same stance behind the same podium a few minutes earlier seem more understandable.Asked about a pregame report that he could be available if the Broncos suffered a loss Sunday, Fox hardly shot it down.I dont make those decisions, he said. I dont control that. My intentions are to be a Denver Bronco and have been since I got here.It should make Monday, and Tuesday and beyond interesting at Broncos headquarters, where executive vice-president John Elway will be meeting with everyone, figuring out whether he needs to go to the Plan B that he readily admitted he didnt have when he threw all his chips in with Manning in the 2012 off-season.The goal was Super Bowl titles. Instead, Manning is 2-3 in the playoffs with Denver.Because of uncertainty about his comeback from multiple neck surgeries, Manning didnt receive a signing bonus when he came to Denver, so the cost of him leaving would be negligible and would free up the $38 million he stands to make over the next two seasons.Still, Elway spent $60 million in guaranteed money last off-season on long-term contracts to upgrade his defence, which he said was the missing piece after Denvers 43-8 loss to the Seahawks last season in the Super Bowl.The idea — one Elway reiterated to Manning at midseason when things started going south — was that the quarterback shouldnt have to do it all himself.But the Broncos cant do it when hes not playing well, either. And so, its time for some soul searching, which for Manning will begin Monday.It may not be pretty.Ive always taken a pretty accurate look and fair evaluation of myself, he said. I think Im as honest with myself as anybody else is and probably as critical of myself as anybody else is.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).