TORONTO - Ricky Foleys shock and dismay have been replaced by the excitement of returning home. [url=http://www.authentictwinsge

in Residenz des Hokage 31.01.2019 06:55
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

TORONTO - Ricky Foleys shock and dismay have been replaced by the excitement of returning home. Glen Perkins Jersey .The veteran defensive end spoke Monday for the first time since the Saskatchewan Roughriders dealt him to the Toronto Argonauts for Canadian linebacker Shea Emry on Saturday. The move was a surprise considering Foley re-signed with the club in December rather than test free agency after tying his career high with 12 sacks in 2014.It came out of left field . . . thats why I waited to really address anybody media-wise, Foley said from Vancouver during a conference call. It was the right decision to go to Saskatchewan, it was the right decision to sign there this off-season.It (the trade) was tough but now Im starting to get the goose bumps, emotions and excitement of going about going back home to Toronto and play with the Argos again.But not after issuing a thoughtful, heart-felt farewell to Rider Nation on his Twitter account.They embraced me especially, Foley said of the Riders rabid fans. Its hard to say I only had two years there, it kind of feels like I spent my whole career there and Im leaving after 10 years.Its special out there and Im looking at it as a blessing. I was really appreciative, I said it in the letter and meant it.The six-foot-two, 258-pound Foley first joined the Argos as a free agent in 2010 after starting his CFL career in 06 with the B.C. Lions. It was a homecoming for Foley, a native of Courtice, Ont. — roughly 60 kilometres east of Toronto — who played college football at York University.Foley, 32, spent three seasons with the Argos, finishing his first go-around with a bang. He was named the top Canadian in Torontos 34-22 victory over Calgary in the 100th Grey Cup game at Rogers Centre in November 2012.But there were times of frustration, too, struggling to adjust to former defensive co-ordinator Chris Joness schemes. A tenacious pass-rusher, Foley was often required to drop back into pass coverage like a linebacker.Foley, the CFLs top Canadian in 09 after posting 12 sacks with B.C., became a free agent shortly afterwards and instead of remaining in Toronto he signed with Saskatchewan. After recording eight sacks in the Riders Grey Cup-winning 13 campaign, Foley was a key cog in a unit that tracked down rival quarterbacks a league-leading 61 times last year.But with end John Chick (CFL-high 15 sacks) and tackle Tearrius George (12 sacks) — who also re-signed with the club this off-season —in the mix, GM Brendan Taman used his position of strength to shore up Saskatchewans linebacking corps with Emry, an eight-year veteran and two-time Grey Cup champion.The six-foot-one, 228-pound Emry had a team-high 72 tackles in his first season with Toronto. Sophomore American Brian Peters — a pending free agent — led Saskatchewan with 77 tackles but Emry, 28, of Richmond, B.C., allows the Riders to play an International starter elsewhere.The arrival last season of Cory Greenwood of Kingston, Ont., and presence of James Yurichuk of Brampton, Ont., and Winnipegs Thomas Miles allowed Toronto GM Jim Barker to deal Emry and upgrade a pass rush that had 46 sacks last yearShea came in and did a great job for us, Barker said. We were looking at playing two Canadian inside linebackers potentially and this presented itself.Its never easy to trade a popular player and a guy our coaching staff and myself really like but sometimes you have to put that stuff aside.Foley gives Toronto another dominant pass rusher to complement Tristan Okpalaugo (team-high 12 sacks as a rookie). Thats a need considering defensive back Jalil Carter — now with the NFLs Minnesota Vikings — was second on the unit with five sacks.Ricky fits what (defensive co-ordinator) Tim Burke wants to do, Barker said. Hes a straight-edge pass rusher who plays with high energy and is a total Toronto guy.Tristan had a great first year and hopefully the addition of Ricky will help him. Ricky has been on (three) championship teams . . . and having as many of those guys who know how to win on your club certainly helps.Barker wasnt surprised by Foleys return.When he left I actually told him at one point, Theres going to come a day when you come back to us, Barker said. Hes a pro and were excited to have him back.Foley was impressed with what he saw last year from Okpalaugo.He put up good numbers as far as sacks go but you could see him getting better as an all-around defensive end, Foley said. Thats something I take pride in.The glory stat is sacks but every year I try to make sure I lead the league in tackles by a defensive lineman because I think thats an effort thing that shows an all-round game.NOTES: The Argos named Jonathan Himebauch their offensive line coach and assistant head coach. He spent last year as Edmontons offensive line coach and has previous coaching experience with Montreal and Calgary. Kirby Puckett Jersey . Catch the game on TSN starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. Tampa Bay currently holds the last of the Atlantics three automatic bids to the playoffs, but the Maple Leafs are just one point behind. Minnesota Twins Jerseys . On Monday night, many fans in this city placed the blame squarely on the captain for his role in the James Neal overtime winner against the Pittsburgh Penguins. http://www.authentictwinsgear.com/twins-justin-morneau-jersey/ . The Padres made the moves before Fridays game at Washington. They promoted infielder Jace Peterson from Double-A San Antonio and right-hander Kevin Quackenbush from Triple-A El Paso.BOSTON - Michael Pineda tries to continue his terrific start to the season on Wednesday when the New York Yankees play the middle test of a three-game series with the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park. You can watch all the action on TSN2 beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. Pineda won his second straight start last Wednesday against Chicago, as he held the Cubs to just four hits over six scoreless innings to run his record to 2-0, while lowering his ERA to 1.00. He is the first Yankee since Kevin Brown in 2004 to throw at least six innings and allow one run or less in each of his first three starts for the club. "Again, really, really good," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "Command of his pitches, command of his changeup, his slider tonight. It wasnt the best conditions to pitch in, but I thought he did a really good job." Pineda beat the Red Sox two starts ago, yielding a run in six innings. Of course, television cameras showed what appeared to be pine tar on his right palm of that one. However, it was never brought to anyones attention and seemed to be cleaned off a few innings later. Boston, meanwhile, will counter with righty John Lackey, who has lost his last two starts and is 2-2 with a 5.25 ERA. After getting hit hard by the Yankees two starts ago, Lackey again struggled on Friday against Baltimore, as he was tagged for six runs and 10 hits in 5 1/3 innings. He also walked four batters, more than he had allowed in his three previous outings, when he gave up three over 18 2/3 innings. "Honestly, they had a couple walks, but they were in spots that wasnt that big a deal, against guys I didnt really want to give in to," Lackey said. "I felt OK with it." Lackey surrendered six runs in 5 2/3 innings in a loss to the Yanks on April 12 and is 10-11 lifetime against them with a 4.99 ERA in 28 sstarts. Phil Hughes Jersey. . New York got the best of its rivals in Tuesdays opener, as Jacoby Ellsbury gave the Red Sox fans an unwanted welcome back in his return to Fenway Park, going 2-for-5 with two RBI to help the Yankees to a 9-3 rout. Ellsbury, part of two World Series titles during a successful seven-year tenure with the Red Sox, tripled in his first at-bat as a Fenway visitor and later drove in two with a double that highlighted a four-run fifth inning. The star outfielder bolted Boston for a seven-year, $153 million contract with New York during the offseason. Three other Yankee newcomers made big contributions as well, as Masahiro Tanaka yielded just two runs and fanned seven over 7 1/3 innings in another strong start, while Brian McCann went 3-for-4 with an RBI double and Carlos Beltran finished 2-for-5 with a homer and two RBI. New York has now won six of its last nine games. Tanaka (3-0) allowed back-to-back homers to David Ortiz and Mike Napoli in the fourth, but just five other hits in his first-ever encounter with the Red Sox. On the other hand, the Yankees battered Boston ace Jon Lester (2-3) for 11 hits and eight runs -- though just three were earned due to a pair of Red Sox errors -- in 4 2/3 innings of work. Napoli ended 2-for-4 and Xander Bogaerts had an RBI double in the loss. "(New York) put some good swings on him," Red Sox manager John Farrell said of Lesters performance. "They mishit some balls, they found some holes. We didnt help out defensively and once again were digging ourself a hole to play catch-up." New York took three of four from the Red Sox earlier this season. Prior to the game Meb Keflezighi, the mens winner of the 118th Boston Marathon and the first American to win the championship since 1983, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).