eliminating the host nation from the

in Abwesenheit 31.01.2019 06:52
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

Britains women kept their chances of reaching the Olympic curling semifinals alive by beating Russia 9-6 on Monday, eliminating the host nation from the tournament. Eve Muirheads world champion team has a 5-3 win-loss record and can join Canada and Sweden in the playoffs with a win over Denmark in their last round-robin game later Monday. Muirheads team failed to reach the Olympic semifinals in 2010, despite being one of the favourites. Japan defeated China 8-5, leaving both teams tied with Switzerland at 4-4. China plays Switzerland in the standout game on Monday evening, with the loser eliminated and the winner securing at least a tie-breaker game. Japan plays Sweden. The United States (1-8) finished in last place for the second consecutive Olympic Games after losing 11-2 to South Korea in seven ends. "This team is a better team than our performances this week," said U.S. curler Ann Swisshelm, who had tears in her eyes as she left the ice. "Thats pretty heart-breaking." Russia is out of contention for the semifinals, a disappointment for the tournament as a whole as the atmosphere and noise in the crowd has lifted this week every time the host nations team played. Russia is also out of the mens competition. After conceding four points in the eighth end, the Russian women scored three points in the 9th to bring the score back to 7-6 but Britain had the hammer in the last end. Muirhead kept her nerve to make a simple takeout with her final shot for two game-clinching points. "Sitting in the hack during my last shot, I actually couldnt hear myself think," Muirhead said. "I was just hoping there wasnt a really important line call where the sweepers would have to hear me scream, because theres absolutely no way they would have heard me." Canada (8-0) is guaranteed to be seeded No. 1 in the semifinals and could become the first team in womens Olympic curling to go through the round-robin stage undefeated if it beats South Korea in the evening session. Kenny Britt Jersey .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. Vincent Valentine Jersey .Y. -- The Buffalo Bills will head into the regular season short on experience at quarterback after trimming the roster on Friday. http://www.patriotsauthenticshop.com/Pat...i-Draft-Jersey/. -- LeGarrette Blount made one last big splash into a soggy end zone. Joe Thuney Jersey . The club announced Friday that Mauro Biello will be kept on as an assistant to coach Jesse Marsch when the Impact join the MLS in 2012. Adam Butler Jersey . - Veteran Kings defenceman Robyn Regehr, sidelined since Game 1 of the Anaheim series, says hes close to returning.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Andy Dalton isnt shying away from the comparisons any longer. Until now, the Bengals fourth-year quarterback has avoided linking his name with some of the NFLs best, even as he accomplished things that few others could claim. Thats changed with his ongoing negotiations over a contract extension. Its time to accentuate the positives from his first three seasons. "Well, Im very confident in what Ive done," he said. "The people who are the critics, they look at all of the negatives. They dont look at all of the stuff that Ive accomplished. They dont look at that Im one of three quarterbacks in the history of the NFL to do certain things. They dont look at that kind of stuff. "They want to find ways to tear me down, but Im not worried about that. They can say whatever they want. All that matters is what everyone believes in this organization and what I believe in myself." There are a lot of rarified numbers he can cite: -- Dalton, Dan Marino and Peyton Manning are the only ones to throw 20 or more touchdown passes in each of their first two seasons. -- Dalton is one of only five starting quarterbacks to lead their teams to the playoffs in each of their first three seasons, along with the Rams Pat Haden, the Dolphins Marino, the Browns Bernie Kosar and the Ravens Joe Flacco. -- If the Bengals reach the playoffs again this season, hell join Flacco as the only starting quarterbacks in the Super Bowl era to reach the playoffs in each of their first four seasons. -- Dalton has already set numerous franchise records for passing. He threw for a club-record 4,293 yards and 33 touchdowns last season. The big blemish: 0-3 in the post-season. Dalton has given some of his worst performances in the playoffs, setting up three straight opening-round exits. Dalton is entering the final year on his contract. Hes emphasizing those regular-season accomplishments while making his case for a new deal. "We are obviiously comparing guys in their first three years -- what they have done, what they are doing now, and presenting them with stuff," Dalton said.dddddddddddd "That is how we have come up with what we are wanting." Whos the best comparison? "Lets see here: Flacco, (Aaron) Rodgers, (Drew) Brees. Who else? Matt Ryan. All those top guys," he said. His biggest shortcoming also leaves him in some pretty good company. Hes one of seven NFL quarterbacks who who have lost an opening playoff game three seasons in a row, according to STATS. The others: Warren Moon (4), Otto Graham (3), Y.A. Tittle (3), Bert Jones (3), Joe Montana (3) and Randall Cunningham (3). "This is a big year," Dalton said. "Just from the standpoint of OK, now Ive been through it three times now. Ive played well. Ive been to the playoffs. Obviously the playoffs havent gone well for us, but its not just me." Dalton turned the ball over three times in the second half of a 27-10 loss to San Diego at Paul Brown Stadium that extended Cincinnatis playoff misery. The Bengals havent won a playoff game in 23 years. Their three straight opening-game losses tie the league record. Dalton has studied video of the playoff loss during the off-season. "We had chances in the game. Obviously the turnovers killed us," he said. "I wish I would have done some things differently in the game. It didnt turn out that way. Youve got to take the good things that happened last season and improve on them." Coach Marvin Lewis fell to 0-5 in the playoffs but got a year added to his contract, which now runs through 2015. He has reassured Dalton privately and insisted publicly that the quarterback can take the franchise deep into the playoffs and end all those streaks of futility and doubts about his ability. "It means a lot," Dalton said. "I feel like Ive done a lot since being here to earn that trust, to earn that support." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).