That’s all still ahead of u

in Residenz des Hokage 26.01.2019 02:15
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

CARLSBAD Babe Ruth Jersey , Calif. (AP) — CC Sabathia says 2019 will be his final season in the major leagues.“This will be it,” the 38-year-old left-hander said in a video posted on Twitter on Wednesday after the New York Yankees finalized his $8 million, one-year contract.Sabathia and New York had reached the agreement Tuesday, subject to a successful physical.A six-time All-Star and the 2007 AL Cy Young Award winner, Sabathia went 9-7 with a 3.65 ERA in 29 starts this year. He had surgery on his right knee after the 2010 season, in July 2014, after the 2016 season and again last month. Sabathia pitches with a brace on the knee and needs periodic injections there during the season.He is 246-153 in 18 major league seasons with a 3.70 ERA and 2,986 strikeouts, including 129-80 in a decade with the Yankees. His new deal boosts his pay from New York to $229 million.Sabathia signed a $161 million, seven-year contract with the Yankees before the 2009 season and led New York to its first World Series title since 2000, then used the leverage of an opt-out provision after the 2011 season to get a new deal that added a $25 million salary for 2016 with a $25 million team option for 2017.Sabathia took a cut to $10 million this year. He missed a $500 http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-dale-murphy-jersey ,000 performance bonus by two innings when he was ejected in his last regular-season start for hitting Tampa Bay’s Jesus Sucre after Rays pitcher Andrew Kittredge threw up-and-in to Austin Romine. Sabathia was suspended the first five games of 2019 but has appealed.“At this stage of the game, we should know sooner or later whether we’ll be able to agree on something or not,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman had said earlier Tuesday.“Last year we had to be really careful about every step we took in terms of financial commitments so it took longer because we were having to have that luxury-tax issue in the back of our minds.”New York dropped below the luxury-tax threshold for the first time in 2018. The Yankees’ projected rotation for 2019 also includes right-handers Luis Severino and Masahiro Tanaka, and Cashman says he intends to add several pitchers after the team went 100-62 only to finish second in the AL East and lose in the Division Series to Boston, the eventual World Series champion.Cashman said Luke Voit will head to spring training as the starter at first base, and it will be up to Greg Bird to earn the job back. Bird had ankle surgery in late March, returned in mid-May and hit .199 with 11 homers and 38 RBIs. Voit, acquired from St. Louis on July 28, hit .333 with 14 homers and 33 RBIs in 39 games.“He finished batting in the middle of our lineup in the postseason, so I don’t see why three weeks since that time would change our evaluation process,” Cashman said.“Somebody’s earned that right and somebody because of injuries has been derailed for a period of time Freddie Freeman Jersey , but I do think that Birdy will benefit from time off and he will have a chance to resuscitate and prove himself.”Both can be optioned to the minors next year.Cashman repeated he intends to trade pitcher Sonny Gray, just 15-16 since New York acquired him from Oakland in July 2017. A right-hander who turns 29 this week, Gray bristled at the rough reception by Yankees fans.“It’s been a year-and-a-half, I’m not going to be Sisyphus pushing the rock up a hill and having it roll back on top of me,” Cashman said. “It’s not working. I’m not going to be willing to continue to walk through the fire and expect it to be a different result. So I will reallocate his abilities to some other club for a yet-to-be determined price tag, and he will be good again. Trust me. I think he’s a heck of a pitcher. He’s a very successful major leaguer, and it’s just going to happen somewhere else.” MILWAUKEE (AP) — Gio Gonzalez is getting comfortable with his new team.The left-hander pitched six smooth innings on his 33rd birthday and Jesus Aguilar hit a three-run homer in the Milwaukee Brewers‘ 7-0 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday night.Manny Pina also had a three-run shot and Aguilar finished with four RBIs as he reached 103 for the season. Gonzalez’s stellar showing helped the Brewers boost their lead for the top NL wild card to three games over St. Louis, which lost to Atlanta earlier.The Brewers also moved within 2½ games of the first-place Cubs in the NL Central. Chicago lost 9-0 at Arizona.Gonzalez (9-11) was acquired in a trade with Washington on Aug. 31 in an effort to bolster the Brewers’ starting rotation. He has picked up a victory in two of his three starts with Milwaukee, and the Brewers have won all three games.“It’s been easy to play with these guys because they make you feel welcome,” Gonzalez said. “There’s no added pressure. Just go out there and play the best you can.”He allowed just two hits Wednesday — both singles — while striking out five and walking two.Reds right-hander Matt Harvey (7-9), a pitcher the Brewers nearly acquired a few weeks ago before a proposed deal fell through http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-bobby-cox-jersey , gave up Aguilar’s game-changing home run.Aguilar, however, said his infield hit in the first inning for his 100th RBI set up his big night.“I was thinking about the RBI almost every night,” he explained. “After that, I’m good. It was an unbelievable feeling. When I get that 100, I’m a new guy.”A leadoff walk to Gonzalez put Harvey in trouble in the third inning. Christian Yelich reached on a one-out infield hit when no one covered first base on a bouncer fielded by Harvey.Aguilar followed with a high drive into the right-field bleachers, his team-leading 33rd home run of the season, to give the Brewers a 4-0 lead.Milwaukee broke open the game in the sixth on a three-run homer by Pina, who worked a 13-pitch at-bat, finally belting a hanging slider from Harvey into the left-field bleachers. Domingo Santana tripled and Mike Moustakas was intentionally walked before Pina’s ninth homer of the season extended the lead to 7-0.The Reds had a conference on the mound during the long at-bat, but it didn’t bother Pina.“I was so focused http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-bob-uecker-jersey , man,” he said. “After they gave an intentional walk to Moose, I was like, I need to do something this at-bat. He threw me pitches inside, outside, changeups, fastballs, sliders.“He’s kind of tight. I knew he was going to hang any pitch and that’s the pitch I hit for a homer.”Harvey was not happy with his outing, which dropped him to 1-3 with a 6.39 ERA in six career starts against the Brewers. He allowed seven earned runs in 5 1/3 innings.“The whole start was not good,” he said. “I have to be better.”Corey Knebel, Junior Guerra and Freddy Peralta finished up for Milwaukee Tyler Flowers Jersey , each pitching one inning in the combined two-hitter.CHASE STILL ONBrewers manager Craig Counsell has not given up on catching the Cubs for a division title.“We’ve got nine games to go,” Counsell said. “We’ve got plenty of baseball left. There are going to be some great moments. There are going to be plenty of tough moments. That’s all still ahead of us.“We’re just ready for it to happen. We’ve put ourselves in a great position to enjoy the last 10 days of the season.”The Brewers have six road games remaining (three vs. Pittsburgh and three vs. St. Louis) and the final three at home (against Detroit).Milwaukee ended its homestand with a 3-3 record against the Pirates and Reds.TRAINER’S ROOMBrewers: CF Lorenzo Cain was not in the lineup after being taken out of Tuesday’s game with a right ribcage injury. Counsell said he wanted to be cautious with Cain, who ranks fourth in the NL in batting average (.308). The Brewers are off Thursday and Cain will be reassessed before Friday’s series opener in Pittsburgh. “I definitely don’t want to miss a game,” Cain said. “They told me that I’m not looking myself up there right now.” Santana got the start in right field — his first game as a starter since June 12 — and Yelich moved to center with Curtis Granderson in left. Infielder Travis Shaw was back in the lineup after being hit by a pitch Tuesday and leaving the game with a bruised right knee.UP NEXTReds: LHP Cody Reed (0-2, 4.32 ERA) will make his fifth consecutive appearance as a starter as Cincinnati opens a four-game series in Miami. He posted a career-high 10 strikeouts in five innings against the Chicago Cubs on Saturday, allowing no runs and two hits in a game the Reds lost 1-0.Brewers: RHP Jhoulys Chacin (14-8, 3.54 ERA) opens a three-game set in Pittsburgh. He has lost his last three starts, including a 3-2 defeat (allowed three hits, two runs) against the Pirates on Sunday. He is 2-6 with a 4.04 ERA in 11 career starts vs. the Pirates.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).