to keep talking. izzwWvcYZV"I h

in Residenz des Hokage 25.01.2019 09:43
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

Masterpress/Getty ImagesAtlanta Braves outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr.andLos Angeles Angels two-way star Shohei Ohtanistood out in competitive fields to take home the Rookie of the Year Award in their respective leagues.Acuna beat out Washington Nationals outfielder Juan Soto and Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Walker Buehler in the National League.MLB Network provided a look at the voting breakdown http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-wheeler-jersey , which wasn't as close as some expected:MLB Network MLBNetwork.Braves rookie ronaldacunajr24 received 27 first place votes from the writers of the officialBBWAA! 馃弳 lQcsjLzIBQHarrison Bader,Yoshihisa Hirano andJeff McNeil also received third-place votes, per BBWAA.com.New York Yankees infielders Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres were both finalists in the American League, but the award went to Ohtani by a convincing margin:MLB Network MLBNetworkA runaway victory for Shohei Ohtani! VUbxdXJAQ3Daniel Palka andRyan Yarbrough received the other third-place votes, per BBWAA.com.The AL race featured several impressive sluggers, with the Yankees duo showcasing pop all season. Andujar hit 27 home runs and Torres totaled 24 Mookie Wilson Jersey , and both helped the team surge to 100 wins.Ohtani also hit the long ball, with 22 home runs contributing to his .925 OPS, which led all rookies with at least 350 plate appearances.The difference in this race was his additional contributions on the mound. The 24-year-old from Japan made 10 starts before injuries cut his pitching season short, producing a 3.31 ERA and 63 strikeouts in 51.2 innings.His effort put him on a list with only Babe Ruth:ESPN Stats amp; Info ESPNStatsInfoShohei Ohtani and Babe Ruth are the only players with 50 IP and 15 HR in the same season.Ohtanis average fastball velocity of 96.7 MPH this season is the 4th-highest among pitchers with 300+ fastballs thrown in starts this season (Stanek, Severino, Syndergaard). ank2pdbBC3In the NL http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-lenny-dykstra-jersey , Buehler had an outstanding season (8-5 with a 2.62 ERA) and a breakout playoff run, but this was effectively a two-man race between exciting outfielders.Acuna had high expectations coming into the year as a five-tool player and lived up to them with a .293 batting average, 26 home runs, 16 stolen bases and impressive work in the field.Soto burst onto the scene as a 19-year-old who posted a .292/.406/.517 slash line, becoming the first teenager to ever top a .400 on-base percentage, per Neil Greenberg of the Washington Post.Either would have likely won the award in most seasons Gary Carter Jersey , but voters thought Acunawas more deserving in 2018.He joined an impressive list of winners in Braves franchise history:Grant McAuley grantmcauley#Braves Rookie of the Year Winners:1948 - Alvin Dark1950 - Sam Jethroe1971 - Earl Williams1978 - Bob Horner1990 - David Justice2000 - Rafael Furcal2011 - Craig Kimbrel2018 - Ronald Acu帽a Jr.Although only two trophies were awarded Monday, this is just the start for each of the finalists.Based on the talent displayed from so many young players this year, it wouldn't be surprising to see several of them on MVP lists within the next couple of seasons. Washington Nationals outfielder Juan Soto has been a force at the plate during his rookie season even though he is only 19 years old, but Atlanta Braves broadcaster Joe Simpson appeared to question his age Tuesday.Rudy Gersten shared Simpson's comments in which the broadcaster said: "If he's 19, he has certainly got his man growth. He is big and strong."Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports was critical of Simpson's comments and said the announcer was "stuck in the past" for suggesting something that hasn't been a concern for quite some time:Jeff Passan JeffPassanAge fraud hasn鈥檛 been a thing in Latin America in nearly a decade. But then again Joe Simpson is stuck in the past, so it鈥檚 not a surprise that he proffers this sort of garbage. Ignore it.Juan Soto is 19. Period. Full stop. And he鈥檚 doing things the game never has seen before. V5iWMkkleFSimpson did not present any supporting evidence for his suggestions and drew criticism from more people than just Passan:Chelsea Janes chelsea_janesHeard from below us: quot;Youre a moron Joe Simpson!quot; Simpson implied Juan Soto might not be 19 years old on the Braves broadcast of todays game.Kate Feldman kateefeldmanThe Braves absolutely cannot allow Joe Simpson to keep talking. izzwWvcYZV"I had a definite reaction Dwight Gooden Jersey ," Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said, per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. "I handled it face to face, privately with him. I believe he understood my stance on his comments."This isn't the first time this season the Braves broadcaster has found himself in hot water when it comes to his comments.Jimmy Hascup of USA Today noted the 66-year-old broadcaster criticized the Los Angeles Dodgers for wearing T-shirts and shorts during batting practice hours before a game even though Major League Baseball doesn't stipulate players wear their jerseys during the practice."They looked very unprofessional," Simpson said. "If I were a Dodger fan, I'd be embarrassed, and I don't know how Major League Baseball allows such attire when the gates are open."According to Hascup Keith Hernandez Jersey , "second baseman Chase Utley, in particular, drew the ire of Simpson" even though he was wearing a Dodgers' K Cancer T-shirt in support of a foundation that benefits cancer research.At least Enrique Hernandez had fun with the ordeal:Enrique Hern谩ndez kikehndezTomorrow鈥檚 BP attire cL5Yw8Hh3eAs for Soto, he is slashing .310/.424/.556 with 13 home runs and 37 RBI on the season and figures to be a critical part of Washington's postseason pursuit the rest of the way even at just 19 years old. His Nationals are five games behind the Philadelphia Phillies and 3.5 games behind the Braves in the National League East.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).