One day after a public tongue-lashing from his head coach and a post-game meeting with the general manager, Ottawa Senators capt

in Residenz des Hokage 24.01.2019 07:01
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

One day after a public tongue-lashing from his head coach and a post-game meeting with the general manager, Ottawa Senators captain Jason Spezza was adamant that his teammates are all on the same page as their frustrated management group. Chandler Catanzaro Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. "I think hes been disappointed all along. I think hes been disappointed with the group right from the onset of the season. I think it was just him letting us know that its not acceptable how were playing," Spezza said of Murrays meeting with the players. "Theres no ultimatums and theres no threats, but there is a definite understanding that if we dont start playing better, it could be you the one being out the door. It could be any one of us and when you dont win, thats what happens. We put ourselves in this situation and were the only ones who can get ourselves out of it. We understand thats part of the game." MacLeans pointed criticism of the leadership core had many wondering if there was a disconnect between the head coach and the captain. But heading into Thursdays game against the Florida Panthers, Spezza wanted to make it blatantly clear that he had no issues with MacLean. "No - our coaches are good coaches and weve always liked playing for them. Im sure theyre getting frustrated by us and that may lead to some of the frustration and some of their remarks," Spezza explained. "But we believe in what theyre preaching to us and Mac is a good hockey man and he understands. Were probably more frustrated than him as players out there playing. But he goes home and its frustrating for him to figure out why he cant get us to go." Spezza has become accustomed to being a lightning rod for criticism in this market, but this is his first season as captain of the hockey club. He insists he is not uncomfortable being the scapegoat on many nights this season. "Whenever youre not winning, you start looking at the top down. As being the captain, it gets reflected on me first and I have to find a way to get our group more consistent and I have to find a way to get my own game consistent," said Spezza. "When things go wrong you look at the top down. And its always been that way in sports." When asked about his attack on the leadership group from the previous night, MacLean made sure to include himself in the group of people who need to improve. "For me, leadership is everyone. Its myself, its my coaching staff, my training staff and its every player in the room. Jason Spezza, Chris Phillips and Chris Neil are the representatives of the leadership of our team, but theyre not the only guys," MacLean said on Thursday. "Everyone is accountable and everyone has to provide leadership on a daily basis and we havent done that as a group. Theyre representatives of it, so they do most of the talking about it, but its not just them. Yes, they need to be better, but every one of us has to better." Spezza has yet to record a goal this month, a drought that has now extended to 12 games. He has been a consistent offensive producer during his career, but has watched his numbers decline so far this season with 28 points in 35 games. The 30-year-old says he is making some adjustments to his game to try and be more of a two-way player, which could explain the decline in his offensive statistics. "Im trying to change my game. Im trying to play in more straight lines, Im trying to drive the net more and doing some things that take away from my offense a little bit," said Spezza. "We feel that in the long run its the best way to play and its the best way to help the team. The more comfortable I get playing that way, the better our team will be." For his part, MacLean acknowledges his captains adjustments, but still expects more. "For Jason, weve asked him to make changes to his game to a more complete game and a more 200-foot game," said MacLean. "And when you go through changes to your game, the offensive side of it a lot of the time suffers. And I think hes starting to get through that. He created some opportunities last night and some previous games. Were seeing an improvement in it, but wed like to see it speed up a little more than it has. But its a process that takes time and we have to be willing to be patient with it. But at the same time, we need him to be better – especially in the power play situations." Vinny Curry Buccaneers Jersey . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Jordan Whitehead Jersey . "I just think what it does for everybody in life is real simple," said Babcock early on Friday afternoon. "You dont give in. You just keep on keeping on. Is it going to go your way every time? No. But you choose your attitude and how you perform and how hard you dig in." Nearly four years to the day of the 2010 gold medal match in Vancouver, his team dug in with its best effort of these Olympics, snuffing out the high-powered Americans for another opportunity at gold. http://www.shopbuccaneersauthentic.com/Youth-Vinny-Curry-Elite-Jersey/ . The Mets made the announcement Sunday night. Parnell blew a save on opening day against Washington and the next day it was revealed he had partially torn right elbow ligament.HOUSTON (3-1) at DALLAS (3-1)Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE a€” Cowboys by 4RECORD VS. SPREAD a€” Houston 3-1, Dallas 3-1SERIES RECORD a€” Cowboys lead 2-1LAST MEETING a€” Cowboys beat Texans 27-13, Sept. 26, 2010LAST WEEK a€” Texas beat Bills 23-17; Cowboys beat Saints 38-17AP PRO32 RANKING a€” Texans No. 15; Cowboys No. 12TEXANS OFFENSE a€” OVERALL (22), RUSH (19), PASS (19).TEXANS Defence a€” OVERALL (21), RUSH (24), PASS (14).COWBOYS OFFENSE a€” OVERALL (8), RUSH (1), PASS (20).COWBOYS Defence a€” OVERALL (24), RUSH (14), PASS (26).STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES a€” No team has played Dallas fewer times than AFC South-leading Texans, whose first regular-season game was 19-10 home win over Cowboys on Sept. 8, 2002. ... Texans only previous game at Dallas was in 2006, at Texas Stadium. ... Texans WR Andre Johnson, who is set for 159th game, is one catch and 77 yards shy of neeeding second-fewest games in NFL history to reach 950 catches and 13,000 yards. Alex Cappa Jersey. Marvin Harrison reached it in 158 games. ... Houston DE J.J. Watt has NFL-high 16 QB hits, twice as many as any other player and more than 13 teams this season. ... Texans P Shane Lechler has played in 194 consecutive games, NFLs longest active streak. ... Cowboys TE Jason Witten is 45 yards receiving short of 10,000 for career. Only two TEs (Tony Gonzalez and Shannon Sharpe) are in group of 40 NFL players that have reached that mark. ... Cowboys looking for first four-game winning streak since November 2011, when Jason Garrett was still interim coach after replacing fired Wade Phillips midway through that season. ... PK Dan Bailey has made 29 consecutive field goals, two more than previous Cowboys record.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).