he kissed his index finger and pointed

in Residenz des Hokage 19.01.2019 06:46
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- After Tomas Tatar knocked the rebound into the Kings net for Detroits tiebreaking goal, he kissed his index finger and pointed it skyward. In his first game since his fathers death back home in Slovakia, Tatar honoured him with a beautiful goal and a graceful gesture, sending the Red Wings on to an emotional victory. Tatar scored the winning goal with 7:54 to play in the Red Wings 3-1 win over Los Angeles on Saturday night. Tatar had an early assist on Riley Sheahans first NHL goal, and he completed a cathartic night by jumping on Sheahans shot in the slot and beating Jonathan Quick for a goal in his third straight game -- but the first since his father, 60-year-old Jan, died of a liver ailment. "That game and that goal was for him," Tatar said. "I felt he was with us the whole game. It wasnt easy, but the guys helped me a lot. They helped me think about stuff other than my dad." Tatar made the long trip home during Detroits holiday break to see his father, but he isnt sure whether Jan, a former soccer player, realized his son is headed to the Olympics next month. "I was hoping he could make it through," Tatar said. "I just wanted to work as hard as I could for my dad. This game was for him." Tatar will play for the Wings on Sunday night in Anaheim before heading home for his fathers funeral, missing a game against the Rangers next week. Detroit coach Mike Babcock praised the 23-year-olds quiet maturity. "The way you honour your father or your mother when they pass is by continuing to do what you should do," Babcock said. "Playing hard and doing things well. I lost my mom early, too. I never wanted to let her down. And his dad is here with him." Daniel Cleary also scored in the third period, and Jimmy Howard made 44 saves as the Red Wings slowed their recent slump by sending Los Angeles to its seventh loss in nine games. Howard made several big saves in the final minute as Detroit hung on for its second win in five games, but also injured his hip flexor, according to Babcock. Backup Petr Mrazek will start when the Red Wings face NHL-leading Anaheim. Drew Doughty scored his first goal in a month during a two-man advantage, but the Kings couldnt score in the final two periods of their third loss in 10 home games. Quick stopped 23 shots, but also gave up a juicy rebound on Tatars go-ahead goal. "We outshot them, but we had some scoring opportunities that we didnt get a good shot off," Kings forward Anze Kopitar said. "We were trying to do too much, and in a situation like that, were got to make sure we get a good shot off so that whoevers a couple of feet from the net can try to get the rebound. We just have to bear down a lot better." Cleary finished off the Kings by capitalizing on an opportunity created by Luke Glendening, who knocked Jake Muzzin to the ice and fed Cleary for his fourth goal with 2:34 to play. Los Angeles lost in regulation for the first time in four games on a five-game homestand. Quick hadnt lost in regulation since returning from a 24-game absence with a groin injury, but his teammates returned to their low-scoring ways after a four-goal outburst against Boston two nights ago. Los Angeles has scored more than three goals in a game just once since Dec. 19. "You cant win every game 1-0 or 2-1," Kings forward Justin Williams said. "Certainly we had enough chances to win the game tonight, but we didnt do it. The onus is on us to put the puck in the back of the net." After Doughtys goal late in the first period, Detroit evened it when Sheahan flipped home a puck in front while being checked to the ice, scoring his first goal in seven career NHL games over two seasons. The 22-year-old Sheahan was a first-round pick in 2010, playing three seasons at Notre Dame before winning a Calder Cup with the Wings AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids last year. Detroit recalled him from the AHL on Friday. "I wasnt able to really feel the feeling when I scored," Sheahan said. "But now Im pretty excited to go talk to my parents about it." NOTES: Detroit also won without veteran forwards Pavel Datsyuk and Daniel Alfredsson. Datsyuk missed his third straight game with a lower-body injury, while Alfredsson sat with back spasms. ... Kings F Jeff Carter played his 600th NHL game. ... The teams meet again in a week at Joe Louis Arena. Adidas Shoes Cheap Wholesale . The Blue Jackets announced the injury through their official Twitter account Friday afternoon. Gaborik, 31, has scored five goals and six assists in 17 games with the Blue Jackets in 2013-14. Cheap Adidas Shoes China . It will be their 15th head-to-head meeting and fourth in the post-season (Sunday at 2pm et/11am pt on CTV) and for his part, Brady isnt downplaying just how big the game is for him. "Im excited - Its everything you could ask for as an athlete," the New England Patriots quarterback told WEEI Radio in Boston on Monday. http://www.adidascheapshoes.com/. The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. Adidas Shoes Clearance Sale . INJURIES - Reds RF Jay Bruce is facing knee surgery for a torn meniscus and it could cost him a month of playing time. Chris Heisey, who has shown some pop (43 home runs, . Adidas Cheap Shoes Lowest Price .com) - Guard Greivis Vasquez and forward Patrick Patterson, two key pieces to the Toronto Raptors run to an Atlantic Division title in 2013-14, were both given qualifying offers by the team on Saturday.Montreal Canadiens 3 Winnipeg Jets 0 WINNIPEG - After a 3-0 win over New Jersey Sunday it was the Jets on the wrong end of that score in this game. Carey Price stopped 36 shots for his first shutout of the season and 20th of his career. It was yet another poor start for the Jets as Brandon Prust scored 2:06 in. The goal came before the Jets were able to get the puck into the Montreal zone. P.K. Subban made it 2-0 at 11:28 to extend his point streak to five (2-6-8). It was the second time in this homestand that the Jets fell behind early (3-0 after one vs. Dallas). Visiting teams all talk about taking the MTS Centre crowd out of the game early, and that has been the case far too often. The Jets did spend a lot more time in the offensive zone in the second and third periods but did not generate enough quality chances to beat Price. Michael Frolik at the end of the second and Andrew Ladd early in the third had great chances but failed to score. Daniel Briere into an empty net with 1:18 left ended it. Jets are now 1-2 on this six-game homestand with St. Louis here Friday, Nashville Sunday and Washington Tuesday. (All games on TSN Jets, TSN 1290). On the season the Jets are now 3-4 while Montreal goes to 4-2. The Canadiens finish their four-game road trip at 3-1. Final shots were 36-25 but Coach Claude Noel felt "the shots are a misjudgement of the way we played. They blocked a lot of shots (26) and we helped them. We missed the net (17 missed shots), not enough traffic." On the slow start, "we had a couple of opportunities on thee first shift to get their pressure stopped and we didnt.dddddddddddd We swatted, batted and reached." Captain Andrew Ladd had this to say post game, "Its unfortunate that it takes two goals to get a little desperation in our game. You got to find a way to get going off the hop. I mean theres enough energy in this building to do that and to start the game with the right intentions." There were not a lot of "A" games as far as the Jets were concerned, with Mark Scheifele the exception. "He was pretty good, created some chances," was the comment from Coach Noel. Scheifele played a season-high 18:09, had four shots on goal, was involved physically and won 50 per cent of his draws. It may have been his best game of the season. Evander Kane took three minor penalties in the game, one for holding and two for hooking. "When you are reaching for people, you are going to get called," commented Noel when asked about the calls. Dustin Byfuglien played a season-high 28:03, including just under 10 minutes in the third when the Jets tried to get themselves back in the game. The Jets have now scored seven goals in the last five games, one the empty netter vs. New Jersey as offence continues to be an issue. And not just goals, but after most games players talk about not creating enough good scoring chances. The next two opponents, St. Louis and Nashville, are both very good defensively. The schedule favours the Jets as St. Louis plays in Chicago Thursday, while Nashville plays in Montreal Saturday. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).