WINNIPEG -- It was all over in the sixth end as Jennifer Jones scored six against fellow Winnipeg skip Chelsea Carey on Sunday t

in Residenz des Hokage 18.01.2019 07:56
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

WINNIPEG -- It was all over in the sixth end as Jennifer Jones scored six against fellow Winnipeg skip Chelsea Carey on Sunday to open the Canadian Curling Trials with a commanding 10-2 win. Cheap Air Max 90 Uk Sale . "If we could score a six in every game, obviously I would be pretty excited," Jones said. "Its a long week but a short week. Its a pretty short round robin from what were used to so you dont want to get behind the eight ball early." Carey, curling without third Kristy McDonald who was out with the flu, said she wasnt letting the loss get to her and felt they played well, including alternate Breanne Meaken "We were just the wrong side of the inch," said Carey. "My last rock picked in three and we were just off on everything after that. We were throwing it real good and the weight was really close and it would just rub a guard and wed just miss the runback and my double in the fourth end just doesnt quite move it far enough." It wasnt the only lopsided game as Edmontons Val Sweeting defeated reigning Scotties champ Rachel Homan of Ottawa 10-3. In closer matchups, Ontarios Sherry Middaugh defeated Saskatoons Stefanie Lawton 5-3 and Renee Sonnenberg of Grande Prairie, Alta., beat Edmontons Heather Nedohin 8-6. "One too many picks I think," said Homan after the loss. "Its always a little bit different from tournament to tournament. Were just kind of learning the ice and getting a feel for it and next game were going to come out a lot stronger." For Sweeting it was, well, sweet. The 26-year-old has only been in one Scotties and is far from being a favourite in the trials. "Everyone likes a good underdog, so if thats us, thats totally fine with me," she said. "We were a little fortunate in the beginning of that game . . I struggled early, I dont think my team did." The turning point in the Jones-Carey game was clearly the sixth end which put the veteran ahead 9-1. Carey started with the hammer and they had blanked the first and the fifth end, but Jones stole one in the second and two in the third, when Carey failed to hold her shooter on an open hit, giving Jones a 3-1 lead. Facing a five in the sixth, Carey missed a shallow hit completely with her first rock. Jones elected to remove Careys centre-line guard with her first rock and Carey came off her own to roll close to the four but Jones raised hers to remove it and make it six. Jones may be one of the most successful curlers in Canada but she has never managed to even come to winning an Olympic berth. She failed to make the playoffs in her previous two attempts in 2005 and 2009. Even Jones was a little star struck with the appearance at the trials of actor Will Ferrell, in character as anchorman Ron Burgundy. "We were fooling around with him and it was pretty cool." He donned a kilt, entertained fans and did a little colour work with veteran TSN curling broadcaster Vic Rauter. Air Max 90 Uk . Old times for a defence that has looked just plain old recently? "No," safety Ryan Clark said. "We used to be much better than that. Cheap Air Max 90 Online . The veteran NFL receiver received his work permit and is in Montreal for the start of the Alouettes rookie camp. Johnson even took in the Montreal Canadiens Game 5 win over the New York Rangers at the Bell Centre Tuesday night. http://www.cheapairmax90uk.com/ . Tristan Jackson returned a missed field goal 129 yards early in the fourth quarter as the Roughriders beat the B.C.CARSON, Calif. - A momentary lapse in focus Saturday night proved costly for the Vancouver Whitecaps. As a result, Robbie Keane scored in the 47th minute to give the Los Angeles Galaxy a 1-0 victory over Vancouver, stretching the Whitecaps losing streak at Stub Hub Center to five games. Since joining Major League Soccer in 2011, Vancouver has not won a game on the road against L.A. "In two seconds or five seconds, we lost the game," Vancouver midfielder Gershon Koffe said. Despite the temporary loss of focus, however, Whitecaps coach Carl Robinson viewed his teams performance as a solid one. "We showed that we were able to compete with the top teams away from home," Robinson said. "One minute of lack of concentration at the start of the second half cost us." The Galaxys Juninho began the scoring sequence with a long ball from midfield to Stefan Ishizaki on the right flank. With the Whitecaps Jay DeMerit marking him, Ishizaki saw an unmarked Keane racing toward the goal. Ishizaki sent the ball to Keane, who volleyed it with his left foot innside the left post from six yards. Air Max 90 Uk Cheap Online. Kekuta Manneh had two chances to give the Whitecaps an early lead but Galaxy goalkeeper Jaime Penedo foiled him both times. In the 32nd minute, Manneh struck a 10-yard line drive that Penedo deflected while diving to his left. Then in the 45th minute, Penedo blocked Mannehs point-blank shot seven yards from the goal. "He was electric in the first half," Robinson said about Manneh, who made his first start of the season. "I think it would have been a different game (if Manneh had scored). I felt we were slightly on top in the first half." Vancouver displayed a dynamic defence during that half despite missing midfielder Matias Laba, who was suspended after being ejected April 5 against Colorado. The Whitecaps hustled after disputed balls, intercepted passes and applied pressure throughout the field. The Whitecaps had a chance to force a tie in the 77th minute, but Penedo leaped to grab Kenny Millers 8-yard glancing header off Nicolas Mezquidas corner kick. Penedo finished with four saves. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).