CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs dont have the look of a team more interested in draft position than on-field success. [url=http://ww

in Regeln und Informationen 22.02.2018 10:03
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs dont have the look of a team more interested in draft position than on-field success. Chandler Parsons Jersey . One day after the Central Division cellar-dwellers couldnt have looked worse in a 13-3 embarrassment against the lowly San Diego Padres, they showed some grit in a come-from-behind, 7-6 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals, who suffered their fourth consecutive loss on Friday. A persistent wind at their backs, the division rivals treated the largest crowd at Wrigley Field this season to five home runs and 23 hits. "A good team win," said manager Rick Renteria, whose club trailed 3-0 before even getting a chance to bat. "The crowd was buzzing all day. It was a pretty neat environment. Obviously, the fans were into it." Luis Valbuena hit a decisive two-run homer in the seventh to decide the see-saw affair. Kevin Siegrist (1-2) hit Anthony Rizzo with a full-count pitch to start the inning. One batter later, Valbuena launched the first pitch into the centre-field bleachers, his first homer against a left-hander in 37 at-bats this season. "I was looking for a fastball, and I got a fastball right there," Valbuena said. "Thats why I got aggressive." "We had the match-ups we wanted right there," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. "We wanted (a left-hander) in that situation, in that part of the lineup, and a lefty ended up getting him." The Cardinals tied the score 5-5 on solo homers by Matt Carpenter and Matt Holliday in the fifth inning. Pinch-hitter Oscar Taveras singled to break the tie in the sixth, but the lead was short-lived. Justin Grimm (3-2) pitched a scoreless inning for the win. Hector Rondon retired the side in the ninth for his 12th save in 15 chances. Cubs starter Travis Wood did well to survive five innings after a rocky start. He allowed five runs -- two earned -- and seven hits with one walk. Wood aided his cause with a solo homer off Joe Kelly in the fourth inning, his third of the season. He became the first Cubs pitcher since Carlos Zambrano (2009) with at least 10 RBIs in a season. "They fought off a lot of pitches and made me work," Wood said. "I was only able to go five, but luckily, I was able to keep it close and we were able to pull it out." Ryan Sweeneys three-run homer pulled Chicago even at 3-3 in the second inning. Kelly had not allowed an earned run in 18 1-3 innings against the Cubs before then. One inning later, Sweeney singled home Valbuena, who had walked, for a 4-3 lead. Kelly lasted 4 2-3 innings allowing eight hits and two walks. St. Louis struck first with three unearned three runs in the opening inning, when Wood was forced to throw 32 pitches largely because of two errors behind him. Carpenter and Holliday singled, then rookie second baseman Arismendy Alcantara threw away a potential double-play grounder that allowed a run to score. One out later, Jon Jay hit a two-run double, and when left fielder Chris Coghlan allowed the ball to get past him, the batter advanced to third base on the second error of the inning. NOTES: One night after his team played a 3-hour, 36-minute, nine-inning game, Renteria said there was no easy solution to quicken the pace. "The only thing that speeds up ballgames is good pitching and good defence," he said. "There are a lot of times, to be honest with you, when were ready to go and were waiting for the TV (signal). Sometimes you cant control the length of ballgames. They are what they are." ... Cubs RHP Edwin Jackson is not expected to miss a start. He left the game in the sixth inning on Thursday because of cramps in his pitching hand. ... OF Justin Ruggiano (groin) was not in the lineup for the second consecutive game but was available off the bench once again. ... St. Louis RHP Shelby Miller will make his first start since July 10 on Saturday. The veteran had been moved to the bullpen because of a minor back ailment and pitched one innings in his only appearance. "I felt a little tired (before), but at the same time, you always want to be out there," he said. "Right now, I feel really strong. My body is where it needs to be." ... The Cardinals have a 4-6 record since All-Star C Yadier Molina (thumb) was placed on the DL. Marc Gasol Jersey .com) - Virginia is for loving Latrell Scott. Brandan Wright Jersey . PAUL, Minn. http://www.thegrizzliesofficial.com/Authentic-Shareef-Abdur-Rahim-Grizzlies-Jersey/ .com) - Generally you want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend.Before Team Canadas semifinal against the United States at Sochi 2014, Bobby Loo tweeted this picture of him and Canucks teammate Ryan Kesler. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer! Goodnight! Huge game tomorrow! #ThePriceisright pic.twitter.com/Aa5QpLCL8e — Strombone (@strombone1) February 20, 2014After the Team USA Olympic roster was announced, Luongo tweeted his support to teammate Tom Sestito, who (not surprisingly) joined Bobby Ryan on the list of players not on the team. Chin up @TomSestito23 ...... Bobby Ryan didnt make the US Olympic team either — Strombone (@strombone1) January 2, 2014Then there was Luongos infamous feud with Tim Thomas, dating back to a "misunderstanding" during the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals of who should pumping whos tires. Luongo tweeted this prior to a game against Thomas and the Florida Panthers this season. JJust at Canadian Tire picking up a few essentials for tomorrows big tilt. Mike Conley Jersey. ...... pic.twitter.com/0XXjbBbpNt — Strombone (@strombone1) November 18, 2013There was also, of course, Luongos well-documented goaltending controversy/ bro-mance with Cory Schneider. Luongo let it be known how he felt with Schneider gone this season. Miss you buddy.....?? pic.twitter.com/wjc5da78Ss — Strombone (@strombone1) October 8, 2013Finally, Luongo was never afraid to laugh at himself in the Twitter sphere. After an 8-3 loss to the Red Wings during the 2013 season, in which he allowed all eight goals on 28 shots, Luongo tweeted this. I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterdays debacle #LUON8O — Strombone (@strombone1) February 25, 2013Comeback soon Bobby Loo, you will be missed. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).