GUELPH, Ont. [url=http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/ted-lindsay-jersey/]Ted Lindsay Jersey[/url] . -- The Guelph Storm are

in Regeln und Informationen 22.02.2018 10:03
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

GUELPH, Ont. Ted Lindsay Jersey . -- The Guelph Storm are Ontario Hockey League champions after a pair of late goals Kerby Rychel will remember the rest of his life. Rychels second goal of the game with 26.3 seconds remaining gave the Storm a 4-3 come-from-behind win against the North Bay Battalion in Game 5 on Friday and their first OHL title since 2004. Before Rychel could play hero late in the game, he was already the Storms saviour when he scored his first of the night with just under five minutes remaining in the third period to tie the score, easily depositing a second rebound behind hard luck North Bay goalie Jake Smith. That set up Rychels dramatic goal in the final seconds, as he went hard to the net and snapped a rebound past Smiths blocker. "I blacked out. Its the biggest goal of my life honestly. Words cant really describe it," Rychel said. "I still cant believe it. I kind of feel like Im in a dream right now." It has been a dream series for the Storm, who came back to win Game 1 in overtime, Game 3 in the final 30 seconds with two quick goals and then the capper in Game 5. "Thats the way it goes. You have to play right to the buzzer," said Storm head coach Scott Walker, enjoying his fourth year behind the Guelph bench. "I have a great group of guys, they never stopped believing. They love each other, they play hard for each other, so it was great." Walker pointed to the dramatic Game 3 comeback as the turning point in the series, when the Storm finally showed the form that won them the Western Conference. "We played hard and we have a great bunch of guys, and when theyre playing theyre hard to stop. I dont know what will happen (in London), but thats the way you play." Rychel agreed with his coachs assessment about the teams penchant for coming back. "We didnt stop believing," Rychel said. "I really dont think we had our best game tonight, but I thought we could pull it out. Once we had it 3-3 then it was anybodys game." Up until the tying goal, the Storm had outshot the Battalion, but North Bay looked fully in control of the game. Guelph never led the game until Rychels second goal. North Bay opened the scoring at 16:18 of the first on the power play when Nick Paul beat Justin Nichols, who turned aside 23-of-26 shots, with a well-placed snapshot from the left circle just inside the far post. The lead didnt last long as Brock McGinn blasted a shot from the high slot over Smiths blocker 50 seconds later. Brett McKenzies redirection on a Marcus McIvor pass to the slot gave the Battalion the lead once again with a minute left in the period. Barclay Goodrow put his team up 3-1 in the second period when he stole the puck from Jason Dickinson at centre ice and went in alone on Nichols, moving to his right before sliding the puck in. Just when it looked as if North Bay would cruise into the intermission with a two-goal cushion, Matt Finn took a pass from Robby Fabbri and walked into the slot before banking a shot off the near post and in with a minute remaining. Fabbri had three assists on the night for 28 points and was named the Wayne Gretzky 99 Award winner as the OHL playoff Most Valuable Player. Goodrows goal looked like it was going to hold up until Rychel went to work. "I think they deserved better and I think they should be playing on Sunday, but sometimes in hockey games dont go your way. Tonight was one of those things," said North Bay head coach Stan Butler. "As a coaching staff we believed in this group of guys and the way they played tonight showed the type of character they have. They played hard all the games. Im so proud of them, the way they played, but Im disappointed in the result for them." Smith meanwhile was superb on the night, stopping 34 shots in the loss. Now Guelph heads to the Memorial Cup in London, Ont., which starts May 16. In their last trip to the Memorial Cup in 2004 the Storm finished last in the four-team tournament. Rychel is going to soak it all in. "I was close in my rookie year, three wins away from going to the Memorial Cup. Now, I get my chance to go and its a great feeling," he said. "Were going to be ready for sure. Were going to enjoy this for a couple of days, but its a big event and well definitely be ready." Sergei Fedorov Jersey . "Canada," Bolland said with a smile. "Is that a question?" One day earlier, though, fellow Toronto Maple Leafs centre Nazem Kadri wasnt so sure his home and native land could pull off the win against the United States in the semi-finals of the Olympic hockey tournament. Luke Witkowski Jersey . Anderson shook off some unusually poor shooting and hit two clutch 3-pointers in overtime that carried the New Orleans Pelicans to a 111-106 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night. http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/kris-draper-jersey/ . - Houston defensive end J.ATLANTA - Danny Ferry can only watch from afar, surely with plenty of satisfaction at the juggernaut he created, undoubtedly offset by a sense of melancholy that hes not along for the ride.Make no mistake, the Atlanta Hawks are Ferrys baby. He acquired nearly every player on a team that stunningly has the best record in the NBA.Even one of his harshest critics, who led the protests against Ferry after the general managers racially charged comments about Luol Deng, gives credit where credit is due.Clearly, Danny Ferry is largely responsible for putting together the winning team that we are enjoying here in the Atlanta community, the Rev. Markel Hutchins told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Friday.That said, there is essentially zero chance of Ferry returning to the team he created.Not this season.Not ever.I certainly hope that Danny Ferry gets a job as a general manager somewhere else, Hutchins said. He has expressed what I believe is sincere repentance off the court. Nobody should be condemned forever. He deserves restoration. But, he quickly added, that should not happen with the Atlanta Hawks.Ferry went on indefinite leave in September, just a few days after the scandal broke, and has been in limbo ever since. Hes apologized through public statements, met with civil rights leaders in private, and paid a huge price for repeating bigoted comments about Deng that someone else wrote in a scouting report.Now, nearly five months removed from the initial furor, Ferry has clearly suffered enough for his sin.I would welcome him with open arms, said Hawks forward DeMarre Carroll, one of many players Ferry brought to Atlanta. I dont feel hes a racist. I think he genuinely learned from his mistakes.The reality is, theres no impetus for the Hawks to bring Ferry back, not with the team holding a commanding lead in the Eastern Conference and extending its franchise-record winning streak to 18 in a row with a 105-99 victory over Portland on Friday night. His return would undoubtedly lead to renewed protests and create an unnecessary distraction. Besides, the Hawks are up for sale, so this can of worms will get kicked down the road to the next owner.Yet, in this greatest of seasons for the Hawks, thats the elephant in the room. There will be some huge decisions to make this summer, especially with free-agent-to-be Paul Millsap and what is expected to be plenty of salary cap flexibility.No one knows exactly who will be making those calls. Whoever it is, that person will face the enormous challenge of following in Ferry footsteps. He completely rebuilt the roster after taking over as general manager in 2012, while maintaining a competitive team that still went to the playoffs the lastt two seasons. Gordie Howe Jersey. Ferry defied the NBAs conventional logic, which held that major overhauls had to be accompanied by lots and lots of losses (see: Philadelphia 76ers).He did it a totally different way, said Kyle Korver, who bought into Ferrys vision right from the start. I think theres a whole lot of owners who would rather do it that way, rather than lose for five years and hope their draft picks turn out at the end of the day. Danny is going to have another job. Theres not any doubt about that.The only Atlanta holdovers from the pre-Ferry era are All-Stars Al Horford and Jeff Teague, and even Teague would have been out the door if Ferry had not matched a four-year, $32-million offer sheet from Milwaukee in 2013. Some wondered if Teague, who had been highly inconsistent to that point, was worth the money. Now, he looks underpaid.Hes not the only one. The Hawks have a lower payroll than all but four teams. Check out these bargains:— Millsap will be making his second straight All-Star appearance since signing a two-year, $19-million free-agent deal with the Hawks. Nondescript in Utah, hes now recognized as one of the NBAs best all-around players.— Korver, a backup most of his career, was acquired from Chicago for cash and a trade exception, then re-signed with the Hawks for four years at $24 million. Hes one of the best — if not the best — shooters in the league.— Carroll had bounced around to four teams until he landed in Atlanta for a two-year deal costing a mere $5 million. A defensive standout, hes improved offensively and hasnt met a loose ball he wasnt willing to dive for.Thanks to Ferry, the Hawks are also one of the leagues deepest teams. The draft produced Dennis Schroder and Mike Scott. Thabo Sefolosha and Kent Bazemore were below-the-radar free agents. Pero Antic was plucked out of Europe. Shelvin Mack initially came aboard on a 10-day deal.Almost as impressive was the list of players Ferry sent packing. Shortly after taking over as GM, he somehow persuaded Brooklyn to take Joe Johnsons max contract and Utah to accept the greatly overpaid Marvin Williams. In addition, Ferry didnt make much of an attempt to re-sign longtime Hawks stalwart Josh Smith, who was such a flop in Detroit that he got cut this season.And, of course, Ferry passed over better-known coaches to hire a little-known assistant from San Antonio.Mike Budenholzer could very well be the NBAs coach of the year.Under different circumstances, Ferry would be a lock for executive of the year.At the very least, he deserves another chance.It just wont be in Atlanta.___Paul Newberry is a national writer for The Associated Press. Write to him at pnewberry@ap.org or www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).