BOSTON -- The Boston Bruins season was only eight minutes old when forward Chris Kelly skated in alone toward Tampa Bay goalie A

in Residenz des Hokage 11.01.2019 08:18
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

BOSTON -- The Boston Bruins season was only eight minutes old when forward Chris Kelly skated in alone toward Tampa Bay goalie Anders Lindback on a short-handed rush. Cheap Jordan Retro 5 Shoes . A stick in the gut prevented him from getting off a clean drive, but it earned him the first penalty shot of his career. He converted, and Patrice Bergeron also scored a short-handed goal on Thursday night as the Bruins opened the defence of their Eastern Conference championship with a 3-1 victory over the Lightning. "Not in a million years did I think it was our power play that would let us down," Lightning captain Martin St. Louis said. "We were slow-reacting, and stubborn." It was the first time in NHL history that a team scored its first goal of the season on a penalty shot, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The Lightning went 0-for-5 on the power play, failing to score on a pair of 5-on-3 advantages, while allowing the two short-handed goals. On the night before the Red Sox open their AL playoff series against the Rays, Boston got an early jump on Tampa Bay thanks in part to 32 saves by Tuukka Rask. The Bruins took the lead after Kelly was hooked from behind by defenceman Mark Barberio on a breakaway; on the penalty shot, he faked to his left and then moved right before backhanding the puck past Lindback. "I tried that move in practice, but Tuukka doesnt move," said Kelly, who had never been awarded a penalty shot in juniors or any other level, either. "It goes into his pads, and its deflating." Boston killed a 5-on-3 power play in the first period and another in the third, getting help from a phantom interference call that left them just one man down. Bergeron wove his way through the middle of the ice and took a shot that hit Lindback and rolled into the net to make it 3-1. Boston reached the Stanley Cup finals last season for the second time in three years, losing to Chicago in six games when the Blackhawks scored the go-ahead and game-winning goals in a span of 17 seconds in the third period of the clincher. "Last year was a good year, not a great year," Kelly said. "Its in the past. But I thought everybody fit in well tonight." Lindback stopped 22 shots for the Lightning. St. Louis and Steven Stamkos, who were Nos. 1-2 in scoring in the NHL last season, didnt register a point. "We cant be a well-oiled machine every night," Stamkos said. Milan Lucic also scored for Boston. David Krejci, who was a game-time decision with back spasms, had the teams only assist. The Bruins were outshot 15-6 in the first, oddly getting half of their scoring chances while they were two men down midway through the period. It was 1-0 midway through the second when Eric Brewer beat Daniel Paille at the blue line and then another Bruin below the right circle before passing the puck across to Valtteri Filppula for the goal. Krejci did most of the work along the boards before sending a pass into the middle for Lucic, who gave Boston a 2-1 lead with 1 minute left in the second. NOTES: Boston announced during the game that defenceman Dennis Seidenberg signed a four-year contract extension. ... The Bruins went 6-1 in the exhibition season. ... Bruins F Carl Soderberg missed the game with an ankle injury.... Including the 2011 East finals, Boston has won eight straight over Tampa Bay at home. ... The Bruins wished the Red Sox good luck on the scoreboard, drawing a big cheer. Cheap Jordan 5 Ireland .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins will try to complete a sweep of the Washington Capitals when the clubs cap a quick home-and-home series Tuesday night in the Steel City. Jordan 5 For Sale Cheap . Then he got back at the team that released him five days before the start of last season, hitting a tiebreaking double in the ninth inning of the first game at Fenway Park since Boston won the World Series last October. http://www.airjordan5ireland.com/ .com) - Jimmy Butler made four key free throws down the stretch to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Boston Celtics, 109-102, on Friday.Santa Clara, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jim Harbaugh is out as head coach of the San Francisco 49ers after four seasons. That much is certain. The only question remaining is where he goes next, with all signs pointing to a return to college football. The 49ers and Harbaugh officially parted ways after Sundays 20-17 win over Arizona, a move weeks in the making that the team called mutual. The 49ers announced they have already begun a search for a new head coach and that Harbaugh is free to pursue other opportunities, which may include a return to his alma mater. Multiple reports over the weekend indicated Harbaugh will be introduced on Tuesday as the new head coach at the University of Michigan, where he is expected to accept a reported six-year, $48 million offer to coach the Wolverines, who fired head coach Brady Hoke on Dec. 2 after four seasons. The 49ers said CEO Jed York and general manager Trent Baalke will hold a press conference on Monday to address the teams coaching situation. Jim and I have come to the conclusion that it is in our mutual best interest to move in different directions, York said in a statement. We thank Jim for bringing a tremendous competitive nature and a great passion for the game to the 49ers. He and his staff restored a winning culture that has been the standard for our franchise throughout its history. Their commitment and hard work resulted in a period of success that should be looked back on proudly by our organization and our fans. We wish Jim and his family all the best. Harbaugh, 51, led the 49ers to a 44-19-1 record in four seasons with three consecutive appearances in the NFC Championship game and one trip to the Super Bowl. Air Jordan 5 Ireland. Its been the time of my life. Theres been a lot of memories, great moments, Harbaugh said after the game. I feel like Im going to be friends for life with anybody who wants to be. I truly love this team. With one year left on his contract, he guided the Niners to an 8-8 record this season amid swirling rumors over his job security. Harbaugh coached at Stanford for four seasons before taking the 49ers job and at San Diego for three years before that. He led Stanford to an Orange Bowl win over Virginia Tech in his final season at Stanford. For the last four seasons I have had the great privilege to coach one of the storied franchises in the history of football, Harbaugh said in a statement. I will miss competing alongside this group of players and coaches, I have the utmost respect and admiration for their hard work and support. It has been my honor to share the sideline with these mighty men. I will always appreciate and remember fondly, the passion and support of our faithful fans, and want to express my particular thanks to them. Harbaugh played 177 games as a quarterback in the NFL, beginning his 15-year career with the Chicago Bears and also spending time with the Colts, Ravens, Chargers and Panthers. Before that, he was a standout QB at Michigan under legendary coach Bo Schembechler. He played for the Wolverines from 1983-86. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).