York with outfield depth for the time being

in Residenz des Hokage 24.12.2018 07:18
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

Tom Szczerbowski/Getty ImagesYES Network broadcaster Michael Kay apologized to New York Yankees outfielder Clint Frazier for appearing to criticize his inability to return from a concussion. Kirk Meyer of the New York Daily News passed along comments Kay made Monday during an appearance on ESPN New York Radio: "Shame on Clint Frazier for not getting healthy."After Frazier advised the longtime play-by-play man to "steer clear of publicly calling me out for not when we haven't even had one [conversation] about my concussion this year" in a Twitter message Johnny Pesky Jersey , Kay responded."Clint, I would never question someone's injury. Never," he wrote. "In fact, I have gone out of my way to say how I felt for you this year and how badly I know how you want to play. It is beyond my comprehension that you would think I would minimize what you are going through."Kay added: "The next time I make light of someone's injury will be the first time. I should have said how unfortunate you and [Jacoby] Ellsbury's injuries are. It came out in a clumsy way. If you took it the wrong way http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-carl-yastrzemski-jersey , I apologize and look forward to speaking with you personally."Kay was speaking about the Yankees' lack of depth because of injuries and also referenced Ellsbury in the remarks, which he laterdescribedas facetious.Frazier, who started the 2018 season on the disabled list because of a concussion, played 15 games across three stints with the Yankees between trips in the minor leagues before getting placed back on the DL early last month withpost-concussion migraines."I feel better. Much better than I did the last two weeks Ted Williams Jersey ," he saidJuly 25, perDJ Eberleof theTimes Leader. "I'm just hoping that it continues to go that direction鈥攊t's frustrating whenever it doesn't. To know I feel good right now is better because it eases my mind more."The 23-year-old Georgia native has compiled a .238/.295/.429 slash line with four home runs in 54 appearances across two seasons with the Yankees.The team has not provided a timetable for Frazier's return. Shane Robinson will continue to provide New York with outfield depth for the time being. New York Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge suffered a wrist fracture during Thursday's contest against the Kansas City Royals.The Yankeesannouncedthe outfielder sustained a chip fracture to theulnar styloid bone in his right wrist. Per the team, surgery is not required, but he is not expected to be cleared to swing a bat for approximately three weeks.On Friday Jim Rice Jersey , the YankeesannouncedJudge has been placed on the 10-day DL.Coley Harveyof ESPN reported Thursday that Judge was hit on the wrist with a first-inning pitch and taken to a hospital after an initial evaluation.The New York slugger also had offseason shoulder surgery and said during spring training he wouldn't be fully ready until Opening Day, although he was durable in 2017 and appeared in 155 games.The 26-year-old won the American League Rookie of the Year and a Silver Slugger award last season behind a slash line of .284/.422/.627 with 52 home runs and 114 RBI. He is slashing .283/.396/.547 with 26 homers and 61 RBI this season.While there are a number of talented players on the roster, his presence in the lineup was a major reason the Yankees are legitimate World Series contenders.New York still has Giancarlo Stanton to provide head-turning power in the lineup, but the one-two punch that was so dangerous for opposing pitchers will be put on pause until Judge is ready to return.Look for Shane Robinsonto play right field in the meantime.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).