ARLINGTON, Texas -- Yu Darvish came oh, so close again. [url=http://www.basketballpistonsauthority.com/christian-laettner-piston

in Regeln und Informationen 30.01.2018 08:49
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Yu Darvish came oh, so close again. Christian Laettner Jersey . The Japanese ace fell one out shy of a no-hitter for the second time Friday night, giving up a ninth-inning single to David Ortiz in the Texas Rangers 8-0 victory over the Boston Red Sox. "This is the second time I experienced this, but if I keep pitching like this, someday Ill get it," Darvish said through his translator. "Someday, Ill just keep doing what Im doing and Ill probably have another record of almost a no-hitter." Rookie second baseman Rougned Odour, positioned in shallow right field, made a diving attempt at Ortizs hit but the ball was out of his reach. If the Rangers had not shifted their infield toward the right side of the diamond -- a standard practice against the pull-happy Ortiz -- it probably would have been a routine grounder to second. Darvish lost a perfect-game bid with two outs in the ninth inning last season against Houston. This time, he bent his knees and put his glove on his hips after the base hit. Texas manager Ron Washington then made a slow walk to the mound, with the 45,392 in attendance cheering and chanting "Yuuuuuu!" Darvish (3-1) struck out 12 and walked two while throwing 126 pitches. "He was on his game early," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. " That combination of being powerful and the secondary pitches and the assortment of them ends up being a night like tonight." The 20-year-old Odour, playing his second major league game, and Ortiz were also involved in the play that ended Darvishs try for a perfect game. Darvish struck out eight of the first 11 batters he faced and retired 20 in a row until Ortiz hit a high popup to right field with two outs in the seventh. Odor was also shifted into shallow right then and drifted back for the ball while right fielder Alex Rios came in before suddenly stopping. Odor lunged with his glove extended above his head but the ball dropped between them. "As soon as he hit it, I thought it was going to be a hit," Darvish said. "Obviously I was a little bit disappointed, but I was already ready to give up a hit, so it didnt really matter." An error was charged to Rios after official scorer Steve Weller looked at replays and conferred with several others because of the significance of the play. "I should have taken control of that ball," Rios said. "We were camped under the ball, so it can be called an error." Weller, in his 20th season as a scorer, told a pool reporter after the game that it was a judgment call and "I felt like the second baseman or right fielder under normal effort couldve clearly caught the ball." Asked if he had spoken to Darvish, Rios said, "I just told him that I should have caught it. Thats the only thing I said." Darvish crouched down when the ball hit the ground. Former Rangers catcher Mike Napoli then drew a walk before Grady Sizemores inning-ending flyout. Once Ortiz got his hit in the ninth, he thought he should have been credited with a hit in the seventh as well. "Guys throwing a no-hitter. We all understand that. But when it comes down to the rules in the game, thats a hit," Ortiz said. "Thats the rule that we all know, and thats the rule that the game (has had) for more than 100 years. The ball in the outfield drops in between infield and outfield, nobody touched it. ... So I guess its going to be two (hits) now." Ortiz said he would have been OK with the error "if the guys throwing a no-hitter." Darvish walked another batter in the eighth but went into the ninth looking for the first no-hitter in the majors this season. Dustin Pedroia grounded out and Shane Victorino struck out before Ortiz stepped to the plate. "He had great stuff. He was locating everything," Pedroia said. "When a guy like that with that kind of stuff is on his game, it makes it a tough night." Darvish was within one out of a perfect game during his first start of 2013 in Houston when Marwin Gonzalez singled through the pitchers legs. Darvish then lost a no-hit bid with one out in the eighth against the Astros last August. Elvis Andrus had four hits and scored three times for the Rangers. Andrus was back in his normal No. 2 spot in the batting order for the first time in six games. Washington had moved his shortstop down in the lineup after a 2-for-34 slide that dropped him to a season-low .217, but moved him back to split up the five left-handers in his lineup against Clay Buchholz (2-3). Buchholz allowed six runs and 10 hits over 4 1-3 innings. He struck out three and walked two while throwing 96 pitches. It was Darvishs 21st career game with at least 10 strikeouts, the most in the majors since his debut in 2012. Detroits Max Scherzer is next on the list with 14 in that span. Darvish was winless in his previous nine home starts, despite a 2.83 ERA in those games. He had not won at home since last Aug. 1 against Arizona. Texas went ahead to stay when Andrus had a one-out single in the first and scored on a double by Adrian Beltre. NOTES: The last no-hitter for the Rangers was Kenny Rogers perfect game against the California Angels on July 28, 1994. ... Boston last went without a hit on April 22, 1993, against Seattles Chris Bosio. ... Andrus had the first four-hit game by a Texas player this season. ... Odour, the youngest player to appear in a major league game this season, got his first hit with a single in the fourth. Langston Galloway Jersey . The league-leading New York Rangers outhit and outmuscled the Maple Leafs during a 3-0 victory on Saturday. Backup goalie Martin Biron stopped all 20 shots he faced to complete a nice workmanlike effort by the visitors. Mateen Cleaves Jersey . The outdoor event will be played on Dec. 31 between alumni of the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers at Citizens Bank Park, the home of the Philadelphia Phillies. http://www.basketballpistonsauthority.com/henry-ellenson-pistons-jersey-c-4/ . -- LeBron James warned the Orlando Magic to stop double-teaming him and ignoring James Jones. VANCOUVER -- A play that Vancouver Whitecaps defender Jay DeMerit says he makes dozens of times a game ended up costing his team two points on Saturday. Gonzalo Pineda scored on a controversial penalty in the 82nd minute after Vancouvers captain was judged to have fouled Seattle substitute Cam Weaver as both players jumped for the ball in front of goal as the Sounders salvaged an emotional 2-2 draw with the Whitecaps. The home side looked to be on its way to a third straight Major League Soccer victory before referee Ismail Elfath whistled DeMerits aerial challenge and pointed to the spot late in the second half. The Whitecaps were furious with the decision but could only watch as Pineda stepped up and cooly chipped a shot behind Vancouvers David Ousted for his first goal with the Sounders. "Its devastating," said DeMerit. "Its devastating not only for myself, but to see guys put in the type of performance that they did ... guys put themselves on the line for 90 minutes, and for that to be taken away from us is disappointing." "As players, all we can do is play hard and play committed and work hard for our teammates, and I thought all of us did that tonight." When asked what he saw on the decisive refereeing decision, Whitecaps head coach Carl Robinson said bluntly: "I saw my captain jump for the ball in his penalty box and head the ball away." DeMerit, who plays an aggressive, physical style, has now been called for fouls inside his penalty area in consecutive MLS games at B.C. Place Stadium. "Im too old to start changing my game and play less committed than I already do," said the 34-year-old. "It is hard and I think the thing thats really eating me inside is that if I have to change my game then Im going to be in trouble and thats sad. "Ive been around this game for a long time and when you play hard and you play with the heart on your sleeve and you get punished for that, thats disappointing." Vancouver got its 2-1 lead in the 66th minute when midfielder Gershon Koffie scored his first goal of the season on a horrendous goalkeeping error by Seattles Stefan Frei. In an effort to keep a ball in play, Frei ventured way out of his net and booted a clearing attempt into the middle of the pitch instead of safely up the sideline. Koffie pounced on the mistake and fired a shot from a distance that Frei could only watch bounce into his vacated goal. After the Seattle penalty tied the game, Sounders striker Obafemi Martins struck the post behind Ousted before Koffie had two more chances in stoppage time, including one on the last kick of the game. "I thought there was only going to be one team winning. I thought the guys put in the effort that was necessary," said DeMerit. "Ultimately to go away with a draw is disappointing. Everyones going to walk away a little bit disappointed but thats life and thats football." Erik Hurtado also scored for Vancouver (4-2-5), which has just one win against Western Conference opponents so far in 2014. Seattle (8-3-2), which entered play atop the league standings with five wins in its last six games, got its other goal from Chad Barrett against a Whitecaps team that nearly ran the Sounders out of the park early on. "It was unlucky today, but nevertheless I thought it was a great team performance," said Whitecaps defender Nigel Reo-Coker. "The first 30 minutes were fantastic. Its the best weve been all seaason as a team -- the chances we created, the tempo we were playing at, the passing, the movement . Grant Hill Jersey. ... another day it could have been 3-0, 4-0 to us and game done." Apart from being an important game in the Western Conference standings, Saturdays encounter was the second match of the Cascadia Cup competition, a mini-tournament played between the Whitecaps, Sounders and Portland Timbers. The team with the most points in the games played amongst the three clubs at the end of the season takes the title, which Vancouver did last season. The Sounders had a large section of travelling fans in one corner on the stadium on Saturday, while Vancouvers supporters section took up its usual spot in the home end in a match that had the passion of a European derby both on and off the field. After a rocky start for the visitors, Barrett headed home his first of the season in the 36th minute off a cross from Kenny Cooper. The Whitecaps got that one back just three minutes later on a highlight-reel effort from Hurtado. The striker with the bleach-blonde Mohawk cut back twice to free himself from two Seattle defenders before blasting a shot into the roof of the net over a helpless Frei. Hurtado now has three goals in three games -- two in MLS and one in the Amway Canadian Championship. "The boys were fantastic from the first minute," said Robinson. "I thought the first half hour we were absolutely phenomenal in our play, could have been ahead, werent ahead, they scored on their second chance and then we fought back. It was a very entertaining game." Robinson said earlier this week that he wanted his team to put its stamp on the match, and Vancouver was a bit unlucky to not open the scoring in the games first 10 minutes. Kekuta Manneh, who had a hat trick in last years 4-1 victory over the Sounders in Seattle, had a good chance four minutes in, but saw his effort stopped by Frei. Koffie then busted through the middle and ripped a shot that went off the crossbar and landed just inches from the goal-line before being cleared by a defender. Robinson wouldnt bite on questions about the officiating afterwards and instead pointed to the positives. "I think my job this year since I took the job was to try and put a certain style of playing in this team and I think Ive done that," said Robinson, who was promoted from his assistants role in December. "I concentrate on my job and thats my job. I think today you saw were going in the right direction. Obviously disappointed with the result but the performance of some of the players was excellent." Notes: The Sounders were without influential playmaker Clint Dempsey, who is away with the U.S. national team preparing for the World Cup in Brazil. Fellow midfielder Brad Evans was also at the American camp, but failed to make the 23-man roster. ... The Whitecaps came in having not played since bowing out to Toronto FC in the Amway Canadian Championship semifinal 10 days earlier. ... The Cascadia Cup has been played between the Whitecaps, Sounders and Timbers every year since 2004. Vancouver won its fourth title last season, while Seattle and Portland have each won three times. ... The Sounders host Real Salt Lake next Saturday, while the Whitecaps visit the Timbers on June 1st in another Cascadia Cup matchup. ... Seattle and Portland tied the first game of the competition 4-4. ... Whitecaps defender Steven Beitashour is away at Irans World Cup camp. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).