In the May 2 edition of The MMA Report, John Pollock is joined by former UFC heavyweight champion Mark "The Hammer" Coleman to d

in Residenz des Hokage 21.12.2018 06:50
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

In the May 2 edition of The MMA Report, John Pollock is joined by former UFC heavyweight champion Mark "The Hammer" Coleman to discuss his time as an assistant coach on the 19th season of "The Ultimate Fighter", coming to terms with retirement and his near venture into professional wrestling earlier in his career. Dwight Powell Jersey . Also, MMA journalist Todd Martin (Sherdog, L.A. Times blog, Wrestling Observer) returns to the show to talk UFC 172 aftermath. The MMA Report: Featuring Mark Coleman and Todd Martin You can catch The MMA Report every Friday at 11pm et on TSN 1050 in Toronto. -- Coleman, the former Olympic wrestler, talks about coaching alongside BJ Penn on the UFCs hit reality show and what it was like to lend his knowledge and experience to a new generation of fighters, despite a nagging hip injury. "BJ Penn gave me that offer and its just something that I felt I cant refuse," Coleman said. "I was just so excited to do it ... When I walked through the gym doors, I just kind of, like riding a bike it just came back to me and I gave my heart and all to it and it was probably one of the coolest things I ever got to do. Not probably, it was one of the coolest things Ive ever done in my life." And while Coleman had the opportunity to teach the next wave of fighters, he also admits he learned a few things himself. "I still was lucky enough. I did get through and I did still get to whoop their butts in straight wrestling because Im still a pretty good wrestler but I would not want to do an MMA fight with these guys or any of these UFC guys any more. Its amazing how far this sport has come," he said. -- Martin, who had the pleasure of covering UFC 172 live from the Baltimore Arena on April 26, says the event lived up to the hype even in an older venue. "From the literal standpoint, not so well. From a figurative standpoint, tremendously," Martin said. "Literally, the Baltimore Arena is a dump, I mean, its a very very old arena that has bee hosting events for decades and its not in a very good shape at all, but its a great building. The acoustics are great, the live crowd, for whatever reason." And for a guy who has been to shows all across the U.S., Canada and overseas, Martin said the fans in Maryland were a big part of a great show. "This show was a crowd that was really super enthusiastic and very knowledgable about the sport," he said. "It was really quite the crowd and it made for a really exciting event ... (UFC president) Dana White, after the event, seemed really enthusiastic aboutrunning Baltimore in the future." Wesley Matthews Jersey . -- New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has no concerns about the health of shortstop Derek Jeter, who was limited to 17 games last season due to leg injuries. Josh McRoberts Jersey .com) - The collective hearts of Chicago Bulls fans sank on Friday night when Derrick Rose went down with a leg injury against the Cleveland Cavaliers. http://www.mavericksteamofficial.info/dirk-nowitzki-mavericks-jersey/ . The D-Backs came into being in 1998 and appear destined to finish second in the AL West after the Tsunami that is the Los Angeles Dodgers swept over them. I thought it might be interesting to see what the D-backs have done over their 16 years compared to what the Blue Jays have done over their past 16 campaigns.SAN FRANCISCO -- Javier Lopez tested the market just as he wanted to do, then wound up right back where he has become so comfortable at this stage of his career. On Tuesday, the free-agent left-hander finalized his new $13 million, three-year contract to stay with the San Francisco Giants. Lopez agreed to terms on the deal last Thursday, but needed to travel to the Bay Area to undergo his physical before signing the contract. "I feel like I went through the process the way I wanted to, obviously with keeping the Giants in the know and keeping them front and centre in the whole situation," Lopez said. "I did just want to reach out and see what kind of interest there was around the league and gauge the thoughts of my family, but ultimately San Francisco was No. 1 the entire time and thats ultimately how it worked out." He will earn $4 million in both 2014 and 15 and $5 million in 2016. The contract includes up to $500,000 in incentives based on games pitched. The 36-year-old Lopez went 4-2 with a 1.83 ERA in 69 appearances and 39 1-3 innings this year. He just completed an $8.5 million, two-year contract. Keeping Lopez was among the top off-season priorities for general manager Brian Sabean after his club missed the playoffs following its second World Series title in three years during 2012. In fact, Sabean approached Lopez leading up to this summers trade deadline -- when many figured he might be someone the Giants tried to deal -- and expressed his support of the pitcher for not only 2013 but beyond. For Lopez, that gesture meant so much, along with the Giants doing what they could to keep much of the pitching staff together not to mention the entire roster. Luka Doncic Jersey. "I do think that obviously any time youre going into your last year before free agency, the trade deadline does become a barometer not only of what your future is with the club, but what the team thinks of you," Lopez said. "To have Sabean call us all in and tell us he wanted us to continue to be Giants not only this year but going into future, I think that was a big deal, I really do. Ive never had a GM do that before." San Francisco acquired Lopez in a swap that sent John Bowker and Joe Martinez to the Pirates in 2010, and Lopez emerged as a reliable option for manager Bruce Bochy as the club made an improbable run to the citys first World Series championship since moving West in 1958. The signing of Lopez to a multiyear deal gives the Giants two lefties in the bullpen for the next two seasons. Jeremy Affeldt received an $18 million, three-year contract last November. In addition, starters Madison Bumgarner and Matt Cain are signed long term, along with 2012 NL MVP and batting champion catcher Buster Posey. Two-time NL Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum landed a $35 million, two-year deal late last month. The Giants had to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Lopez, so left-hander Jose Mijares was outrighted to the minors. He then cleared waivers and chose to become a free agent. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).