following two Europa League titles

in Regeln und Informationen 19.12.2018 04:28
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

Scott Flory isnt looking to break the bank. Nike Air Max Suisse . The new president of the CFL Players Association said Tuesday all the union wants is a fair deal with the league. The two sides are scheduled to resume talks next week on a new collective bargaining agreement. The present deal is set to expire May 30. "All we want is a fair agreement," Flory said in a telephone interview. "We understand the league . . . players just want a fair share." These are indeed heady times for the CFL. The league has a new contract extension with athletic apparel giant Reebok. One of its teams (Winnipeg) moved into a new stadium last season and another (Hamilton) is scheduled to do so this year, the same time expansion Ottawa returns and plays at a refurbished facility. Attendance continues to rise and corporate sponsorships remain strong. And then theres the CFLs lucrative television agreement with TSN reportedly worth $43 million annually thats scheduled to kick in this year. CFL commissioner Mark Cohon has repeatedly stated he never discusses CBA negotiations in public. But on Monday he said in a statement the league is committed to "working towards a fair and reasonable agreement with our players. We want to be fair to them and keep our league on the path to being strong as well as stable." Money will undoubtedly be a hot-button topic when talks resume. The new TV deal alone is more than 2 1/2 times the previous agreement, which was worth $15 million annually. Subsequently, CFL teams can expect more money from the leagues head office. Negotiations between the league and its players have traditionally been amicable. However, theres a persistent belief this time around players will dig in their heels in order to get what they believe is a fair piece of the financial pie. Theres been one strike since the formation of the CFLPA in 1965. It came in 74 and lasted three weeks during training camp before a three-year agreement was signed with no regular-season games lost. Flory reiterated Tuesday that CFL players wont play under terms of the existing CBA. While Flory didnt say so specifically, that suggests training camps wont open in June without a new deal in place. "Theres a lot more things than the financial," Flory said. "Theres player safety, transitioning and pension items that we want to look at as well. "This is an all-encompassing negotiation but there is a lot of growth going on in the league." And, Flory said, much of that growth is due to the quality of the on-field product. "The players lay it all on the line week in and week out, game in and game out for not very much," he said. "They are the most accessible members in the community, they are at charity events and speaking events, guys are everywhere and they deserve a fair share of whats gone on in the success of the league. "There is more people in the stadiums to watch the games. Theres more people watching on TV to watch the players play and I think thats important." Also worth noting is both sides have a lot riding on these negotiations. If a new agreement cant be reached and a work stoppage ensues, the league wouldnt receive any television money. Conversely, the players wouldnt be paid either. "I cant and will not speak to that," Flory said when asked about a work stoppage. "We are always willing to meet with the league . . . we want to continue talks and we want to work towards a new collective agreement, there is no doubt about that." Calgary Stampeders fullback Rob Cote echoed those sentiments. "Every single one of us loves football and wants to play in June," said the product of Cochrane, Alta. "That is first and foremost. "Its a negotiation. Negotiations start slow and they usually speed up when you (have) a deadline. People tend to procrastinate when theyre negotiating, as Im sure everybody here is aware of. We all want to get a good, fair deal done and were looking forward to playing." For Stampeders president Gord Norrie, its business as usual. "Were just plodding along like were going to play football and keeping very optimistic," he said. The six-foot-four, 300-pound Flory replaces former CFL player Mike Morreale as union president. Florys election certainly raised questions about why the union membership would change its leadership heading into a new round of talks with the league. "I am not going to get into conspiracy theories or innuendo," Flory said politely. "This is a natural course of business that weve done as a players association for the last 40 years . . . I was very fortunate and humbled to be elected president and thats it." Flory, 37, is well versed in CFLPA business. The Regina native served as an Alouettes player rep for eight years and spent the last four seasons on the unions executive. "I became involved early as a player rep because I wanted to learn the business of the sport," he said. "We play under the rules on the field and I think its as important, or more important, to know the rules surrounding the game off the field. "I see it (being voted president) as a natural evolution. Its something I wanted to do to serve the players as best I could." Flory couldnt provide an answer when asked what kind of negotiator he is. His mandate at the bargaining table, though, is crystal clear. "At the end of the day, how I see my role is Im enacting the will of the people," he said. "Every player in this league who pays dues is my boss and I will do my best to represent them. "They are going to give us our marching orders and were going to execute it. The players are the game . . . Im passionate about the cause of the players," However, the question remains whether Flory, a three-time Grey Cup champion and nine-time league all-star, can continue to play while being CFLPA president. The last three union presidents — Dan Ferrone, Stu Laird and Morreale — all assumed the job following their playing careers. "Thats a good question," said Flory, twice named the CFLs outstanding lineman. "Ive already talked to (Alouettes GM) Jim Popp as to my role moving forward and hope to have an announcement by the end of next week." Chaussure Nike Air Max Suisse . The Blue Jackets announced the injury through their official Twitter account Friday afternoon. Gaborik, 31, has scored five goals and six assists in 17 games with the Blue Jackets in 2013-14. Nike Air Max Pas Cher En Ligne . Johnson shared an update after his surgery Tuesday on Twitter. He also wrote, "now lets get on the grind." The running back told The Tennessean he was having surgery in Pensacola, Fla. http://www.airmaxsuisse.ch/ . Lupul injured the hand in a fall at practice on Thursday. He will wear a cast for a minimum of 10 days before he can put a glove back on it and get some mobility back, said Carlyle, who added the winger wont go on the teams upcoming road trip.LISBON, Portugal -- Atletico Madrids only previous European Cup final appearance branded the club with the nickname that has come to encapsulate its penchant for misfortune. Beating Real Madrid in the Champions League final on Saturday may finally put that moniker to rest. Atletico was on the cusp of winning the European Cup on its first appearance in the final in 1974, leading Bayern Munich 1-0 in extra time after Luis Aragones curled home in the 114th-minute at Heysel Stadium. The Spanish club was clinging on until defender Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck stepped up to smash home a powerful right-footed equalizer from outside the area in the 120th-minute. Without penalties to decide the champion, a replay was scheduled just two days later in Brussels. But having experienced the title slipping from its grasp in such fashion proved too much for Atletico, and it lost 4-0 to a team featuring Franz Beckenbauer and Gerd Mueller. Following the defeat, president Vicente Calderon termed Atletico "the jinxed ones" or "pupas." "We practically had the trophy in our hands," said Atletico goalkeeper Miguel Reina, father of Spain international Pepe, reminiscing of what could have been before Schwarzenbecks low shot beat him. The loss seems to have had a long-lasting effect on the club. "Atleticos history may have been different with that title, which was the first for Bayern," said former striker Jose Eulogio Garate, who played in that final 40 years ago. Atleticos history is filled with success and clouded by unnecessary turmoil and disorder. Such is Atleticos knack for dramatics that the team hymn includes the phrase: "What a Way to Suffer." One of the most famous advertising campaigns in Spain featured a young child looking up at his fathher to ask "Daddy, why do we support Atleti?" The father looks off in thought before the phrase "Its hard to explain" takes over the screen. Air Max Pas Cher Suisse. During its Spanish league title winning run this season, Atletico did the near unthinkable -- it did not stumble or implode as might have been expected. Instead, coach Diego Simeones team showed the verve of a champion and a knack for coming through when it counted to secure a fourth major trophy since 2009/10 -- following two Europa League titles and a Copa del Rey. "The club is growing. Were pushing forward, building a stronger team, getting better -- despite the economic differences in this league," said Simeone, who has also relied on one of the top qualities of the 1974 team -- strength on the counter attack. Atletico won the Intercontinental Cup after Bayern spurned its invite, and it has an impressive trophy haul overall: 10 Spanish league titles, 10 Copa del Reys, one Cup Winners Cup, two Europa Leagues and two European Super Cups. "Its been seven or eight years now that pupas doesnt follow us anymore," Atletico president Enrique Cerezo said after the club secured its first league title since 1996 last Saturday. "When Calderon labeled the team that, it certainly was at that time. Maybe now they should call us the good luck ones." That could be difficult as Atletico almost seems to embrace the nickname at times, like when it celebrated the 40th anniversary of its lone European Cup final defeat last week. "Atletico does represent something different, something special," said Spanish coach Javier Irureta, who played against Bayern. "Usually they only organize homages for champions, not for the losers. "But the club is like that." Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).