years [url=http://www.authenticsgreenbaypackers.com/cheap-geronimo-allison-jer sey]Color Rush Geronimo Allison Jersey[/url] , Gre

in Regeln und Informationen 19.12.2018 04:21
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

Packers’ Aaron Rodgers wants to play at Lambeau Field in second preseason game In recent years Color Rush Geronimo Allison Jersey , Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has received as little playing time as possible in the preseason. Whether the coaching staff conserved his reps to avoid exposing him to big hits or simply felt that he did not need the snaps when games didn’t count, it has often been the third preseason game or nothing for Rodgers.However, at his locker on Monday, Rodgers did not mince words about his desire to play in the team’s second exhibition contest coming up on Thursday night. That game is against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but more importantly it comes at Lambeau Field, and Rodgers wants to get on the field.After Monday’s practice, Rodgers told reporters that he wants to play on Thursday, saying “I think I’ll probably play this week — I’d like to in front of our fans.” The Packers’ schedule probably has something to do with that in particular: “Being that we have the first two at home, It’d be nice to get out there back at Lambeau,” he said, “then we’ll see about week 3 and 4.” It has been a while since Rodgers has suited up at Lambeau. “It’s been a long time,” Rodgers said, before mentioning the week three win over Cincinnati as his last game at home. (Actually, however, his last snaps in a game in Green Bay came in the Packers’ 35-14 victory over the Bears in week 4 last year.)One of the reasons that Rodgers wants to get playing time in the preseason is to get a few live snaps with some of his new receivers, as well as to continue his connection with the veterans. He pointed to his knowledge of the entire playbook as something that the young receivers will need to adjust to when he is under center compared to other quarterbacks: “When I’m in, everything is up. Everything that’s ever been put in, and then years of back-logged stuff is potentially in as well.” So if Rodgers does play on Thursday, look for him to test some of those young players with some checks and calls at the line of scrimmage. “It’s all up Color Rush Antonio Morrison Jersey , so you have to be ready.”With left tackle David Bakhtiari on the mend from a sprained ankle, that gives Rodgers some added comfort in taking some additional preseason snaps earlier than usual. “Dave, for sure. It’d be great to have Dave out there,” Rodgers said. “He’s so steady.” Perhaps Rodgers’ intent to play this week is part of the reason that Bakhtiari is pushing to return to the field for that game as well. Bakhtiari missed practice all last week and sat out the first preseason game before returning to the field on Sunday.Presumably, Rodgers has discussed his desire to play with head coach Mike McCarthy prior to bringing it up to the media; if not, that would make for an awkward moment in the meeting room this evening. For Packers fans in attendance on Thursday, however, it looks like you’ll be in luck and should see #12 in uniform.Packers’ Clay Matthews & Mike McCarthy react to roughing penalty with anger, confusion For the third time in three games, Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews was penalized for roughing the passer. For the second week in a row, the play drawing the flag has become a flashpoint for NFL players, coaches, fans, and referees regarding the league’s rules around protecting quarterbacks.In week two’s game against the Minnesota Vikings, Matthews was called for roughing the passer when he hit quarterback Kirk Cousins. Referee Tony Corrente said that he threw a flag for an illegal “scoop-and-pull” technique, for which he also penalized Vikings linebacker Eric Kendricks earlier in that game. This week, Matthews sacked Alex Smith, bursting off a block and hitting Smith in the shoulder. Matthews’ momentum carried his body weight onto Smith, which was apparently the action worthy of penalty.This is a new rule in the NFL Color Rush Tramon Williams Jersey , despite referee Craig Wrolstad’s comments to the contrary to media after the game. Complicating matters, Wrolstad did not flag a far more egregious hit on the previous series, when Da’Ron Payne picked up Aaron Rodgers and body-slammed him to the turf. Wrolstad apparently was picked up on his microphone saying that he “couldn’t see through 14 guys.”Regardless of the inconsistent application of roughing the passer rules, players and coaches are upset about what is being considered a penalty in the first place. Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was livid on the sideline after the flag was thrown, and was spotted screaming at the official nearest him. After the game, McCarthy stood by his initial feelings, saying “I thought Clay did exactly what he’s supposed to do there.”McCarthy continued on to elaborate why he felt that Matthews’ hit was within the rules: “He hit him with his shoulder, he’s coming full speed off of a block, he braced himself. I was fine with what Clay did there.” However, that was the extent of McCarthy’s comments on the matter, saying that questions about the intent of the rule should be asked of “other people,” presumably in the NFL officiating department.Matthews himself, however, was much more willing to address the rule itself after the game.He spoke at length with reporters, clearly upset about yet another flag that he seemed entirely incapable of avoiding. “Obviously I don’t agree with it again,” Matthews said. “(Like) last week, I thought I hit the quarterback correctly. (My) head was to the side again, (I) wrapped him up. You see as soon as I hit the ground I try to put my hands up. Obviously when you’re tackling a guy from the front, you’re gonna land on him. “I understand the spirit of the rule http://www.authenticsgreenbaypackers.com/cheap-mason-crosby-jersey , I said that weeks prior. But when you have a hit like that, that’s a football play.”Matthews even went on to say that he talked to Alex Smith after the game, asking him what he could have done differently on that hit. Predictably, Matthews said that Smith told him there was nothing he could have done, and simply “That’s a football play.” That response echoes Aaron Rodgers’ comments from after the Vikings game, when the Packers quarterback said that he “couldn’t believe there was a penalty” on the Kendricks or Matthews hits.Ultimately, Matthews went a step farther on Sunday, however, calling out the NFL entirely. “Unfortunately this league’s going in a direction I think a lot of people don’t like,” he said. “I think they’re getting soft. The only thing hard about this league is the fines that they levy down on guys like me that play the game hard.” He added that as a pass-rusher, he feels that the only option now is to not bother hitting the quarterback at all, saying “you just have to attack the ball.”Ultimately, the officials aren’t giving Matthews, or other pass-rushers, much leeway here to make those “football plays” that players — including quarterbacks — feel are a normal part of the game. It’s lessening the enjoyment of the game for those playing it, as well as for those watching it when plays that do not appear to be unnecessary injury risks are being legislated out of the sport.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).