REGINA -- Kory Sheets didnt win the rushing title and wasnt named the CFLs outstanding player, but he still got the one he says

in Residenz des Hokage 17.12.2018 09:32
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

REGINA -- Kory Sheets didnt win the rushing title and wasnt named the CFLs outstanding player, but he still got the one he says ends the debate over whos the best running back in the league. Nike Air Max Nettbutikk . "Youre looking at him," said a beaming Sheets, moments after being named the 101st Grey Cups most valuable player. Sheets ran for a Grey Cup-record 197 yards and two touchdowns to help the Saskatchewan Roughriders beat the Hamilton Tiger-Cats 45-23 Sunday for their fourth CFL championship and first since 2007. "That was one thing that coach Chamblin instilled in us was be determined, be relentless and just focus on us and thats what we did," said Sheets. "We didnt care about the Ticats all week. We didnt think about them, we didnt talk about them. "All we wanted to know was what our game plan was and what time the game started." Sheets broke Johnny Brights 57-year-old Grey Cup rushing record midway through the fourth quarter. With the Riders facing second-and-19 from their own 19-yard line, Sheets took off toward the Hamilton bench for a 21-yard run that bumped Bright from the record book and presumably lightened Sheetss pocketbook too. "I got something special planned for the guys," he said of Saskatchewans offensive line. "Yall (will) see tomorrow what Ive got planned for them." Sheetss impact was felt early and often, starting with a 39-yard rumble on the Riders second possession after he reeled in Saskatchewan quarterback Darian Durants fumble out of mid-air. He scored his first touchdown on a one-yard run after Durant hit the games top Canadian, Chris Getzlaf, with a 29-yard pass nine minutes into the second quarter. That score gave Saskatchewan a 24-3 lead but was more significant as it came on the Riders first possession following Durants third fumble of the half. Sheets struck again on the same drive as his record-setting run, following a 30-yard pass from Durant to Weston Dressler with a four-yard TD run to make it 38-16 and bury Hamiltons comeback bid. The normally loquacious second-year tailback was occasionally at a loss for words after the win, which he said was his first championship since high school. "Ive always been on one of those teams that just really couldnt cut it," said Sheets. "And now we had a team that was the cream of the crop and we went out there and proved it." Getzlaf finished the game with three catches for 78 yards, all during a second quarter in which Saskatchewan put 24 points on the board. He had a 38-yarder on the second play of the quarter to help set up Chris Milos only field goal of the game and an 11-yarder on second down to sustain a drive that ended in a Jock Sanders touchdown to go along with the one that set up Sheets score. "Its a Cinderella story, if you will, being able to come home and play in front of the hometown," said Getzlaf. "Weve got quite a few guys from Regina on this team and to celebrate a win with Rider Nation is amazing." Nike Air Max Salg . That assertion is getting harder and harder to make, especially given the way 23-year-old Danilo Gallinari has been playing this season. Nike Air Max Tilbud .C. Lions. The clubs former starting quarterback, assistant and head coach returned Thursday as its receivers coach. http://www.nikeairmaxnorge.com/ . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. CLEVELAND -- John Axford had other choices where he could pitch next season. The Indians closed the deal. Axford, who had 46 saves for Milwaukee in 2011 but lost his closers job last season and was traded to St. Louis, finalized a $4.5 million, one-year contract Thursday and will close for Cleveland in 2014. The 30-year-old Axford had other teams interested in signing him, but he decided to join the Indians because of their turnaround in 2013, a strong clubhouse and manager Terry Francona, who sold Axford with his typical straightforward approach. "He was very, very up front with me about the team, the organization, the city," Axford said. "It just sounded to me like a situation I want to be a part of." Axford replaces two-time All-Star closer Chris Perez, who was released in October after Cleveland made its first playoff appearance since 2007. Axford agreed to the contract with Cleveland earlier this week, and completed the deal after taking a physical on Wednesday. The right-hander can earn another $1.75 million in performance bonuses based on games finished: $250,000 for 38 and $300,000 apiece for 43, 48, 53, 58 and 63. The Indians initially considered filling the closers role within the organization -- right-handers Bryan Shaw and Cody Allen were the top candidates -- and pursued several veteran free agents before working out a deal with Axford. The Indians werent scared off despite Axford struggles last season, when he started horribly and was demoted by the Brewers before eventually being traded to St. Louis in August. "We thought he was the right guy to take a chance on," Indians general manager Chris Anntonetti said. Nike Air Max Net. "We feel like we added an experienced, power arm to the back of our bullpen." Antonetti said the team wasnt reluctant to give the job to Shaw or Allen, its just that Axford was a better option and the club feels he can "bounce back" and be an elite stopper again. Axford attributed some of his early problems last season to pitching in the World Baseball Classic. He was throwing hard from the get-go and went through a "dead arm" period when his velocity dropped following the WBC. But after making some adjustments, Axford settled in and posted a 2.92 ERA in his final 71 appearances with the Brewers and Cardinals. "I dont like to make excuses," Axford said. "I really enjoyed pitching for my country, but I really dont think my arm was ever ready for the start of the regular season. I had a dead arm and my velocity was down in those first few games of the regular season. But when you give up four home runs and have an ERA of 22 after four games, you cant be surprised that youre not the closer anymore." Axford has a 22-19 career record with a 3.29 ERA and 106 saves in 281 relief appearances. He said being a free agent "was fun, but it was difficult." Ultimately, he thought the Indians were the best fit for him because they provided a chance to close again and Cleveland is just a 4 1-2 hour drive from his home in Ontario. It also helped the Indians are on the rise after earning a wild-card spot in 2013. "There were certainly other teams in the mix," Axford said. "They had a great season last year. It seemed like a team I would want to pitch for." Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).