SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Reduced to 10 men for over half the match, Belgium still beat South Korea 1-0 on Thursday to finish atop of

in Residenz des Hokage 15.12.2018 08:52
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Reduced to 10 men for over half the match, Belgium still beat South Korea 1-0 on Thursday to finish atop of Group H and eliminate the last Asian team from the World Cup. Wholesale Jordan 11 Cheap . With a late goal yet again, Belgium made the difference in the 78th minute when defender Jan Vertonghen followed up a shot from teenage striker Divock Origi and tapped in the rebound past goalkeeper Kim Seung-gyu. "We knew all games were going to be tough," said Belgium coach Marc Wilmots. "But even with 10 men, we still pushed forward. These guys are really hungry." After three narrow victories and precious little beautiful play, Belgium will now play the United States in Salvador on Tuesday. "Mission accomplished," said Wimots. And along with Iran, Japan and Australia, South Korea departed as the last team from the Asian federation, all in the first round. Algeria finished second in the group after a 1-1 draw with Russia -- a result that meant South Korea needed a four-goal win to advance. They never came close. "All of our players did their utmost. They gave it their all but I think that it was my shortcoming, my failing as a coach that caused this result," said coach Hong Myung-Bo. The former captain of the 2002 team which reached the semifinals did not offer his resignation, though. South Korea did not go without a strong fight, landing the ball on Belgiums crossbar on the hour-mark and testing standout goalie Thibaut Courtois with several shots afterward. Yet even with a man up, the Koreans could never pressure Belgium enough to find an opening and paid the price. For scorer Vertonghen it was a bit of redemption after he caused the penalty against Algeria in the opener which forced Belgium into late histrionics to come back and claw out a 2-1 victory. "I really felt bad after that but now only joy is left," he said. Belgium promised to play with flair in this tournament but is proving that its still a master at grinding out results. "It gives us so much confidence to get those nine points with only 10 men and prepare for the Americans in that mood," Vertonghen said. Having a goalie like Courtois does make it easier, especially as its defence was missing injured starters Vincent Kompany and Thomas Vermaelen. But the Belgians also proved they sorely lacked the creative skills of Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard, who were on the bench from the start. On the hour mark, South Korea came closest to scoring when Son Heung-min saw a cross float right onto the crossbar beyond the reach of Courtois. Belgium fielded four World Cup newcomers, but was reduced to three in the 45th minute when Steven Defour planted his studs, leg outstretched, into the shin of Kim Shin-wook. Australian referee Benjamin Williams didnt hesitate to pull out the red card. Earlier, the South Koreans almost scored around the half-hour mark. First, a long-distance drive from Ki Sung-yeung forced Courtois into a great diving save and, one minute later, Defour kicked a ball off the line in another goalmouth scramble. Mertens could have lifted the pressure off Belgium in the 25th minute he was left wide open eight meters out. He skied the ball over, immediately opening his mouth in disbelief at having missed such a chance. In the second half, South Korea brought on a second full striker in Lee Keun-ho for even more pressure. The Asians created a flurry of chances early in the second half, but either Courtois showed his class or the South Koreans lacked any precision. ------ Lineups: South Korea: Kim Seung-gyu; Lee Yong, Kim Young-gwon, Hong Jeong-ho, Yun Suk-young; Lee Chung-yong, Han Kook-young (Lee Keun-ho, 46th), Ki Sung-yueng, Son Heung-min (Ji Dong-won, 73rd); Koo Ja-cheol, Kim Shin-wook (Kim Bo-kyung, 66th). Belgium: Thibaut Courtois; Anthony Vanden Borre, Daniel Van Buyten, Nicolas Lombaerts, Jan Vertonghen; Steven Defour, Moussa Dembele, Dries Mertens (Divock Origi, 60th), Marouane Fellaini, Adnan Januzaj (Nacer Chadli, 60th); Kevin Mirallas (Eden Hazard, 88th). Wholesale Air Jordan 11 . Last year, Matt Kuchar closed with a 4-under 68 to beat Kevin Chappell by two strokes for his second win of the 2013 season and sixth of his career. Jordan 11 Cheap Real . The kind he has every so often. The kind he has when Dwyane Wade sits. James scored 43 points -- 25 in a bewildering first-quarter shooting display -- and Chris Bosh added 21, leading the Miami Heat to a 100-96 win Tuesday night over the Cleveland Cavaliers, who played their first game without injured All-Star guard Kyrie Irving. http://www.airjordan11outlet.com/ . Pierre last November, only to watch St. Pierre leave the UFC octagon with his welterweight title belt and a split-decision victory.TORONTO – He hasnt played since breaking a bone in his right hand in a fight on Nov. 11, but Connor McDavid showed up for Hockey Canadas World Junior selection camp with his game face on. You dont reach the level hes at (16 goals, 35 assists in 18 games with the Erie Otters this season) at the age hes at (17) without being intense. That intensity was evident early in the camps first on-ice workout Thursday evening at the MasterCard Centre. McDavid, taking part in a full practice for the first time since having his cast removed Tuesday, mishandled the puck on consecutive plays in the same drill. He was clearly frustrated. He apologized, said Guelph Storm right winger Robby Fabbri, who was on McDavid’s line during much of the practice. Everyone makes mistakes, but he doesnt make too many of them. I just gave him a pat and told him to relax. You apologize to your teammates when you make a mistake, McDavid said. I messed up there and twice in a row with Robby so I felt bad about it. Hes a good friend of mine and he came over and told me not to worry about it. A little later in the practice the team was put through a shot-blocking drill. The assistant coaches fired foam pucks at players from a few feet away. McDavid, who has not yet been cleared for contact, wanted to be part of it. But after McDavid blocked his first shot head coach Benoit Groulx intervened asking the favourite to go first in the next NHL Draft to sit out the drill. I told him, You know what? I dont want my face on TV tomorrow [because you got hurt] for this reason so get out of there! Groulx said with a chuckle. I just went once, so I guess 1-for-1 so that makes me 100 per cent, McDavid said with a wry grin. Earlier in the practice, McDavid wired a slap shot past Jets goalie prospect Eric Comrie high on the glove side. It was a thing of beauty. McDavid was, of course, nonplussed when asked about it afterwards. I was taking slap-shots with my cast on so I think you guys are making too big of a deal about it. I’ve been skating for three weeks. Ive been skating fully for three weeks so this is kind of just another day. McDavid suggested his recent layoff from game action may actually be a blessing when it comes to the World Juniors, because helll be fresher than others. Air Jordan 11 Nike Outlet. My legs have felt probably better than they did before I got hurt, he noted. There is a reason McDavids every move was and will continue to be under the microscope. Hes seen as the next big star in hockey: a generational talent, who can change a franchises fortunes. And for Canada he is someone, who will figure prominently in the quest to end a five-year gold medal drought. You can tell the legs are there, no problem, said Groulx. It was good to see him. Just having him on the ice was good for everyone. The Canadian bench boss, an assistant on Brent Sutters staff a year ago, says Hockey Canada is going to be very cautious when it comes to the emerging superstar. We want to be patient with him in order to have him at 100 per cent. We don’t want to put Connor McDavid on the ice at 75 per cent. We are going to have to wait and see to how he reacts to practicing. The hope is that McDavid will be able to play in at least one of the teams three pre-tournament games: Dec. 19 against Russia in Toronto, Dec. 21 against Sweden in Ottawa or on Dec. 23 against Switzerland in Montreal. McDavid, for his part, seemed supremely confident that he will be ready for the tournament opener on Boxing Day. Playing mostly on the wing, McDavid, a natural centre, had just four points in seven games last year when he became just the sixth 16-year-old to crack Canadas World Junior roster. This year hes poised to be a leader on the squad. It’s a big opportunity and perhaps the final one on this stage for a player, who appears destined to make the NHL early in his career. And the fact the event will take place on home soil makes it all the more special. Everyones excited, McDavid said when asked specifically about the added pressure of playing in Montreal and Toronto. Were not feeling too much pressure now. Being at home, its a blessing, honestly, its an opportunity that not a whole lot of people get to do. On Wednesday, Scott Salmond, Hockey Canadas vice-president of hockey operations, declared that he felt like Canada was an underdog at the event during an interview with QMI News Agency. But McDavid has high expectations. I dont see any reason why we cant [win] it all, he said. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).