As Barnsley and Millwall prepare to do battle for a place in the Championship, we bring you the ultimate guide to the Sky Bet Le

in Regeln und Informationen 15.12.2018 07:19
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

As Barnsley and Millwall prepare to do battle for a place in the Championship, we bring you the ultimate guide to the Sky Bet League One play-off final, which is live on Sky Sports. Air Max Günstig . Neil Harriss Lions are looking for an instant return to the second tier after their relegation at the end of the 2014/15 season, while the Tykes - back under the arch after winning the Johnstones Paint Trophy - have spent two terms in League One. So how did they make it to Wembley, what are their previous experiences in the play-offs and who does Sky Sports Football League expert Ian Holloway think will have the edge on Sunday? Read on to find out... How did they make it here?Its been a stunning turnaround for Barnsley. They were bottom of the table in December but a resurgent run - which continued after Lee Johnson left in February for Bristol City - saw them sneak into the final play-off place on a dramatic final day, edging out Scunthorpe on goal difference. Barnsley celebrate a thumping aggregate win over Walsall The Tykes played Walsall in their semi-final tie and despite the Saddlers only missing out on automatic promotion by a point, Barnsley were firmly in control throughout. Highlights of the Sky Bet League 1 semi-final first leg between Barnsley and Walsall They won the first leg at Oakwell 3-0 thanks to a Sam Winnall double and Jason Demetrious own goal, before cruising at the Bankss Stadium, a 6-1 aggregate score sending them to Wembley for the second time this season. A home draw was enough to see Millwall through after their victory at Valley Parade Millwall were in the promotion mix for most of the season - finishing fourth on 81 points - and faced Bradford in their semi-final. The Lions outclassed their opponents during a 3-1 win at Valley Parade - including a stunning free-kick from Joe Martin - with a draw at The Den enough to see them into the finale. Highlights of the League One playoff semi-final second leg between Millwall and Bradford City Play-off previousMillwall can certainly be dubbed play-off veterans - but memories havent always been happy. After failed attempts in 1991,1994, 2000, 2004 and 2009, they finally made the breakthrough in the 2009/10 season.The Lions beat Swindon 1-0 in the League One play-off final to return to the Championship after a four year absence, with current boss Harris playing the full 90 minutes. Neil Harris played in the 2010 League One play-off final for Millwall Barnsleys modern-era play-off appearances have yielded one win and one defeat.They lost to Ipswich Town in the 1999/00 Division One final - the last to played at the old Wembley - but triumphed in 2005/06 when they beat Swansea 4-3 on penalties (2-2 AET) at the Millennium Stadium - one of which was taken by current caretaker manager Paul Heckingbottom - as they sealed a return to the Championship.The Tykes have also already tasted Wembley success this term, winning the Johnstones Paint Trophy after beating Oxford 3-2 in April.Head-to-headIts Barnsley who hold the advantage in terms of meetings between the sides this season, winning both games including a 3-2 thriller at The Den in August before a 2-1 victory on home turf in January, the in-form Winnall netting in both fixtures.The Tykes also edge the overall history, with 22 wins from 54 matches, compared to the Lions 20. The managers The two bosses have both been promoted as players with the teams they currently manage - Heckingbottom through the play-offs and Harris once automatically and once after a play-off.Harris is relishing the chance to repeat his 2010 Wembley success with Millwall. Former Lions player Neil Harris is hoping to lead Millwall to glory as a manager It will be privilege and an honour to represent the club as manager at Wembley, but the biggest privilege is to manage the players, he said. I made a promise to my dressing room at the start of the season that if tactically, technically and attitude-wise they followed my lead, Id make them a good Millwall team. Im pleased Ive delivered that promise. Barnsley caretaker head coach Paul Heckingbottom credited his players for their outstanding playoff semi-final win over Walsall Heckingbottom believes the Tykes have an advantage after their Wembley visit previously this season.I do think having been there once already will help, especially as it was in the not too distant past. We know what the venue is like and what to expect. We will be more than ready for it. Definitely, Heckingbottom told the Yorkshire Post.The lads were a bit more subdued this time [about reaching Wembley], maybe because we have been there once already this season. But that is good because it shows we still have a job to do. Our focus has to shift to the next game and our preparations began straight away. (L-R) Ashley Fletcher and Sam Winnall of Barnsley celebrate with the trophy during the Johnstones Paint Trophy final Team newsBarnsley are set to have a full squad to chose from at Wembley, with Heckingbottom confirming that the likes of Marley Watkins, Aidy White, James Bree and George Smith are all back in training.Millwall defender Byron Webster (hamstring) faces a race against time to be fit for Sunday after limping off against Bradford in the semi-final second leg last Friday. Harris putting faith in youth Millwall CEO Andy Ambler discusses Neil Harris first full season in management. Harris said: Byron came off with a strained hamstring, so its not ideal preparation because he has been colossal for us in recent weeks and months.Its going to be tough for him for Sunday and well give him every opportunity to make it. But if not, then in Tony Craig, our club captain, and Sid Nelson, who has played really well this year, Ive got players who can step into the position admirably.Ian Holloways key menMillwall - Lee Gregory Lee Gregory is Ollies key man for Millwall To go from non-league to being a potential match-winner at Wembley is what its all about. This lad is a natural born goalscorer and I think his finishing ability could be the difference between the teams.Barnsley - Sam Winnall Barnsleys Sam Winnall scored twice during the first leg at Oakwell. Ive been a big admirer of his work for a while now. Hes a natural goalscorer who will find the net wherever he goes - I fancy Millwall to win but only if they keep Winnall quiet.Match statsBarnsley have reached two previous play-off finals, losing in 2000 against Ipswich in the second tier but beating Swansea on penalties in League One in 2006 after a 2-2 draw.The Lions have reached two previous play-off finals, both in League One - they lost 3-2 to Scunthorpe in 2009 before defeating Swindon 1-0 a year later.Millwall have lost in three of their four visits to Wembley, most recently playing there in April 2013 in the FA Cup semi-final against Wigan, where they lost 2-0.Gregory has scored in each of his last three games (three goals), with the last two goals assisted by strike partner Morison.Barnsley have won five of their last six contests against Millwall (L1), including the last three in a row.Winnall has scored four goals in his last three appearances for Barnsley. How to win the play-off final Tactics, mind games, magic - Ian Holloways guide to Wembley glory BettingBarnsley are Sky Bets 13/8 favourites for the victory on Sunday, with Millwall 9/5 to win within 90 minutes while a draw and extra time is priced at 21/10. Either side to produce a winner in additional time is a 6/1 chance while a penalty shoot-out is 15/4 with the Football League sponsor.Winnall heads the first goalscorer betting at 4/1 while Gregory is considered the Lions main threat at 9/2 to net first.Ollies verdictPicking a winner here is tough. Barnsley are the most successful team this calendar year in the country while Millwall are building something special with a team that all are pulling in the same direction.Millwall have got one of their own in charge and a few of their own on the pitch. That makes a huge difference when youre looking for that extra bit of edge in a final. OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 to Millwall (Sky Bet odds 7/1)Watch the League One play-off final on Sky Sports 1 HD from 2pm on Sunday, May 29 - or follow with our live blog on skysports.com and the Sky Sports apps. Also See: How to win the play-off final Ollies Wembley predictions FL72 Podcast - Play-off special Websters race against time Air Max Billig Kaufen . Szabados joined the Southern Professional Hockey League team last week. The 27-year-old goaltender from Edmonton backstopped the Canadian womens hockey team to Olympic gold Feb. Air Max Schweiz . Beanballs were the theme Friday night as the Red Sox and Rays had another AL East rumble, with Boston earning a 3-2 victory on A. http://www.airmaxschweizonline.ch/ . Steve has built a solid reputation throughout the years - first as a hockey player, then as an NHL general manager and now as a scout.Chris Wood admits he was disappointed to hear Tiger Woods had delayed his comeback plans as he prepares to compete at the British Masters. The BMW PGA Champion is looking to win at home for the second time this year at The Grove, in a tournament which is being hosted by Luke Donald and supported by Sky Sports. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Ahead of the event, Wood said it was a blow that 14-time major winner Woods has decided to delay his return to competitive golf, pulling out of this weeks Safeway Open and next months Turkish Airlines Open, claiming his game is not ready for a competitive return to the course. Chris Wood played at the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine Its such a shame, Wood said. I was tweeting and a few other players were tweeting about everyone being excited to see Tiger back and there is just nothing like it. It is such a buzz when he is due to play, although were not used to seeing him for the last year or so.It certainly added, for me, the value of going to Turkey this year and playing. When I knew Tiger was going to be playing I thought - its not made my mind up - but helped me with my decision to go and play there. Why Tiger Woods wont be making his long-awaited return to golf at this weeks Safeway Open Im still going to go and play obviously, but to have Tiger playing in Turkey in one of his first couple of events back would have been amazing for the European Tour.Woods stormed to victory at The Grove a decade ago, winning the WGC-American Express Championship in 2006 by eight shots, and Wood, playing for the first time since his Ryder Cup debut at Hazeltine, is looking forward to another great weekend of golf. Chris Wood kisses the trophy following his victory during day four of the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth When Tiger won here in 2006, I think he won at 21 under [Woods won with a score of 23-under par] so if you are sort of looking 12 to 16 under par you are going to be there or thereabouts, Wood added.It is just so nice to have another tournament in England. We always have decent crowds so hopefully the weather behaves and it is a great week. Chris Wood explains why the British Masters golf tournament is so special to him Fellow Brit Oliver Wilson also expressed disappointment about Woods decision to delay his comeback to the course, but said he understood why the former world No 1 wanted to be in good form before returning to the spotlight. Nike Air Max Selber Gestalten Schweiz. I was gutted when I saw that, I was looking forward to watching him play. There are a lot of people who want him to succeed, there are a lot who dont and I think thats a shame, Wilson told Sky Sports News HQ at the British Masters. Tiger Woods won at The Grove in 2006 As time goes on there is so much pressure on him for his comeback week. Hes got to be bang on form. It is not like me or any of the guys here, taking a bit of time out then coming back to play one week and going under the radar and if its not a great week you can say it is the first week back.Tiger doesnt have that luxury. Whatever he does, that first week back is going to get picked apart, especially with his chipping, mental game, driving, his swing. The first swing on the first tee the commentators, everyone will be analysing it - it will be all over the internet. As soon as he hits one bad shot it will get dissected, everything will. So I kind of understand where he is at. I hope it is honestly exactly where he is at, hes just not quite ready. He said vulnerable, which I guess is a bit eye-opening for him because he has never used that word before.I just hope his invincibility in his head is still there and if he can spend a few more weeks practicing then hopefully we can see him back. I just want to see him back playing decent golf. Oliver Wilson was also disappointed to hear Tiger Woods had delayed his comeback plans I dont think he is ever going to come back to the level he was at but if he was playing consistent I think it would be great for golf, great for the players on the Tour just to see him and be around him more, so fingers crossed it is nothing more than what he has said and that he will be back sooner rather than later.Watch the British Masters throughout the week live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf. Live coverage begins on Tuesday with the Hero Challenge from 7.30pm.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the British Masters on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Woods delays PGA Tour return Watch Hero Challenge on Sky Five minutes with Luke Donald Olazabal sets Grove comeback Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).