Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your em

in Regeln und Informationen 27.01.2018 07:08
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Benoit Pouliot Jersey .ca. Dear Kerry, I was watching the fourth goal for the Islanders in the game against the Leafs, it seemed the Leafs goalie Bernier had the puck covered and the referee blew the whistle raised his arms in the air to signal the play was dead and then moments later signaled good goal. On the overhead replay, you could see the puck cross the line before the whistle, however it seems to me that the referee thought the puck was covered and intended to blow the play dead as he blew the whistle before ever seeing the puck free. Would this fall under the intent to blow the play dead under Rule 31.2: "As there is a human factor involved in blowing the whistle to stop play, the Referee may deem the play to be stopped slightly prior to the whistle actually being blown. The fact that the puck may come loose or cross the goal line prior to the sound of the whistle has no bearing if the referee has ruled that the play had been stopped prior to this happening." Look forwards to hearing your take on the play. Jordan Anstey --- Hi Kerry, I have a question regarding the Leaf/Islanders game. The Islanders just tied the game 4-4 on a questionable goal, in my opinion. The puck was never frozen by Bernier, as it rolled across the goal line. The referee at the crease blew his whistle, waved it dead and then immediately pointed to the puck in the net. How on earth can you blow the play dead and then reverse it? That shouldnt have counted! Please correct me if I am wrong. Best Regards,Dale Jordan and Dale: Referee Denis LaRue did everything correctly from the moment he attacked the net with speed and eventually located the puck across the goal line the goal line behind Jonathan Bernier. Any evidence or question of the referees "intent to blow the whistle" would have resulted from the fact that he could not see the puck as he approached the net and therefore might have assumed it was frozen under Berniers equipment (puck out of sight). The referee demonstrated patience in not blowing the whistle pre-maturely as he continued on a path toward the goal crease in an effort to find the puck. Once referee LaRue got to the net he did in fact locate the puck across the goal line almost simultaneously with his decision to kill the play. This visual picture was quickly processed and abruptly changed any thought he might have had that the puck was frozen. The puck in the net was now a reality for the referee. As such, Denis LaRues hands immediately went from the field goal position signaling "play is dead" to pointing into the net signaling that a legal goal had been scored! This visual evidence demonstrated and confirmed to the referee that the puck had entered the net prior to his whistle and any "intent" he might have had to blow the play dead. It is somewhat speculative to assume the puck is frozen just because you dont see it. Definitive evidence is presented whenever the referee sees the puck across the goal line. A legal goal must be based on that evidence. Far too many times I have seen referees misjudge plays in and around the goal crease when they remained stationary in the corner or kept an obstructed view without moving their feet. Had it not been for LaRues quick reaction this could have been just another one of those unfortunate times. On the play Travis Hamonics shot from the point was deflected by Carl Gunnarsson and picked up behind the goal line half way to the corner by Ryan Strome. This altered puck position forced the referee to retreat to the corner just ahead of the goal line. Strome then threw the puck to the front of the net and it was redirected by Anders Lee between Berniers pads. Rather than remain in the corner, Referee LaRue read the situation and reacted without hesitation by sprinting to the net on angle that allowed him to avoid Nazim Kadri and Ryan Strome. En route to the net the refs inability to immediately locate the puck, along with his instinct and experience might have caused him to think the puck was underneath Jonathan Bernier. LaRues patience with the whistle and his quick footed attack toward the net to locate the puck behind Bernier resulted in the correct call to allow the goal scored by Anders Lee to stand. In this situation the referee demonstrated a text book attack of the net in order to render the correct call. Iiro Pakarinen Jersey . According to the CFL Scouting Bureaus January rankings, four of the top five Canadian prospects line-up on the offensive side of the trenches, which is good news for Bombers general manager Kyle Walters. With only one selection in the first two rounds — Walters sent his second-round pick to Saskatchewan in the days ahead of the 2013 trade deadline — the No. Ryan Smyth Jersey . The 90-plus minutes of play are about trends and approach. http://www.hockeyoilersshop.com/ryan-strome-jersey/ . Costa Rica followed up its wins over Uruguay and Italy by holding England to a dour 0-0 draw on Tuesday, enough to finish first in Group D. CLEVELAND -- Terry Francona heard the boos from the home crowd, and the Cleveland Indians manager didnt mind one bit. Francona pulled Corey Kluber two outs short of a complete game in Clevelands 4-1 win over Kansas City on Sunday. The crowd of 16,991 wanted to see Kluber, who allowed four hits and struck out 10 in 8 1-3 innings, finish the game, and the fans let Francona know they didnt agree with his decision. "I dont blame them," Francona said. "If I was managing with my heart, Id have left him in there, too." Kluber (8-6) took a three-hitter into the ninth before Eric Hosmer started the inning with a double. The right-hander, who gave up a solo homer to Mike Moustakas in the fifth, was removed after striking out Salvador Perez. Kluber also heard the boos and used the opportunity to take a good-natured jab at his manager. "Kip (second baseman Jason Kipnis) was giving him a hard time, too," he said. "It was pretty funny, I guess." Cody Allen recorded the final two outs for his ninth save, and Carlos Santana and Yan Gomes homered in a three-run second inning. Kluber, who walked one, retired the first seven hitters before Jarrod Dysons infield single with one out in the third. Lorenzo Cain also had an infield hit in the sixth. Kluber has been Clevelands ace all season. He has four double-figure strikeout games. "It sure is nice, man, to write his name in there," Francona said. "He has weapons, he has poise, and he competes." Francona said. Kluber is working to stay on an even keel throughout the season. "Im trying to be as consistent as I can from start to start," Kluber said. "I try to avoid the downs as much as possible and keep the good stuff rolling." Kluber rarely shows any emotion on the mound, but Francona thinks appearances can be misleading. "Hes very locked in," Francona said. "Maybe his demeanour belies the real fire thats in there. He gets after it." Even Moustakas, who walked in the seventh and is 7 for 18 against Kluber, was impressed. "Everything he was throwing was nasty," he said. A lack of run support has kept Kluber from having a better record. He allowed three runs over 20 2-3 innings in his last three sstarts, but lost twice. Custom Edmonton Oilers Jerseys. Kluber held the Dodgers to one run in 6 2-3 innings on Monday, but was the losing pitcher in a 1-0 defeat. Both of Clevelands home runs came off Danny Duffy (5-8). Santana led off the inning with a line drive that barely cleared the fence in right. Gomes followed with a two-run homer to centre. Michael Brantley, who went 2 for 4 to raise his average to .321, had an RBI single in the fifth. Santanas homer came on a 1-1 pitch and was his 13th of the season, tying him with Brantley for the team lead. Ryan Raburn followed with a single, and Gomes hit his 10th home run on a 1-0 pitch. Cleveland has won four of five and moved within two games of second-place Kansas City in the AL Central. The Royals, who trail first-place Detroit by 4 1-2 games, dropped their first road series since losing two of three against the Los Angeles Angels from May 23-25. Duffy allowed 10 hits and struck out six in six innings. The left-hander had a 1.69 ERA in six June starts and was 3-1 with a 1.05 ERA in his last four road starts. The Indians placed leadoff hitter and centre fielder Michael Bourn on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring. Bourn has been battling the injury all season and hurt it again running the bases on Saturday. Left fielder Alex Gordon and designated hitter Billy Butler, who are both in lengthy slumps, were out of Sundays lineup. Gordon is mired in a 3 for 40 skid, and Butler has just three hits in 26 at-bats. NOTES: The Royals signed LHP Scott Downs, who was released by the White Sox on Thursday. He pitched a scoreless seventh inning. RHP Casey Coleman was optioned to Triple-A Omaha. ... The Indians called up OF Tyler Holt from Triple-A Columbus to take Bourns roster spot. Holtz made his major league debut as a defensive replacement in the ninth and caught Danny Valencias fly ball to end the game. ... Royals OF Nori Aoki (strained left groin) will begin a rehab assignment with Double-A Northwest Arkansas this week. ... RHP Justin Masterson (4-5), who lasted three innings in his last start, will open Clevelands four-game series against the Yankees on Monday. ... The Royals continue their nine-game road trip Monday at Tampa Bay with RHP James Shields (8-4) facing his former team. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).