Harvey is 1-2 with a 7.36 ER

in Residenz des Hokage 11.12.2018 08:53
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Eugenio Suarez reached the 100-RBI milestone for the first time in style.Suarez’s two-run homer off of Bud Norris in the 10th inning lifted the Cincinnati Reds to a 6-4 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Sunday. The blast gave Suarez RBIs 99 and 100 this season. His previous RBI high was 82 in 2017.“For me to hit that homer and my 100th RBI Authentic Tre'Davious White Jersey , that’s special,” Suarez said. “That’s what I always dreamed of and today I can tell my dreams come true.”Suarez got locked in after spinning away from a Norris fastball two pitches earlier.“He threw that 95 mile per hour fastball right at my face and then I said, ‘Now where you want to throw it to me,'” Suarez said. “I just wanted to be ready that at-bat. I know how they try to get me out. I put my bat barrel on it and hit it well and the ball went out.”After Suarez’s career-high 31st of the season, Brandon Dixon hit a solo homer four pitches later as the Reds hit back-to-back homers for the fifth time this season, the sixth and seventh home runs given up by Norris (3-4).They came right after Michael Lorenzen (2-1) pitched out a bases loaded, nobody out jam in the ninth without giving up a run to send the game to extra innings. Raisel Iglesias earned his 25th save in 29 chances despite allowing a run for the fourth time in his last five outings.“Your nervous system hits a different gear,” Lorenzen said. “It was definitely a different gear and it feels good to come out on top and with Suarez hitting that home run. It just felt like we’re leaving feeling really good about ourselves right now so it’s a positive.”Lorenzen’s escape act was even more impressive considering it came against the Cardinals three, four and five hitters.“Give credit to them and they got out of it and we weren’t able to execute,” Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said. “Our situational hitting wasn’t where we want it tonight Cheap Christian McCaffrey Jersey , but it has been a strength of our club and we expect it to continue to be a strength of our club. You can’t overreact to one, two, three at bats.”The Reds won for just the third time in their last 11 games, including the last two against the Cardinals, snapping their series winning streak at 10. St. Louis (76-61) fell a half game behind the Milwaukee Brewers into the second wild card spot in the National League.Billy Hamilton sparked a two-run first inning with a leadoff double. Scooter Gennett’s single scored Hamilton and Joey Votto took home on a Luke Weaver wild pitch.Weaver, making his first start since Aug. 16, needed 40 pitches to get through the first. He also pitched out of a bases loaded jam in the second before settling in and being lifted for a pinch hitter in the bottom of the fourth.“I think early it was just trying to find that rhythm, trying to sync everything up, just a little hot out there, just trying to gather myself Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey ,” Weaver said. “I threw some pitches they were close, I just kept hitting in the wrong spots that he wasn’t calling. It was just trying to make those adjustments.”Reds starter Anthony DeSclafani ran into trouble in the fourth, giving up an RBI double to Harrison Bader and an RBI bunt single to Greg Garcia to tie it at 2-2. His 3 2/3 inning performance was his shortest outing since July 15, when he last just 3 1/3 innings in a 6-4 loss to the Cardinals also at Busch Stadium.Hamilton used his speed to stretch a leadoff single to right into a double in the seventh. He moved to third on a Jose Peraza sacrifice and trotted home to break a 2-2 tie on a Votto fly to center.Bader used his legs to tie it for the Cardinals in the eighth, beating out a slow grounder to short for a bases loaded infield single to tie it 3-3.“They get bases loaded nobody out, they got to figure ‘Hey we’ve got to win this game right here,’ and you know we’ve been on the other end of that a few times and today that’s one where they legitimately go home and say we’ve got to win that game,” Reds interim manager Jim Riggleman said.TRAINING ROOMReds: OF Preston Tucker was traded to the Atlanta Braves for cash considerations.Cardinals: RHP Michael Wacha (left oblique strain) threw a bullpen on Sunday and is expected to go out on a rehab assignment this week.UP NEXTReds: RHP Matt Harvey (6-7, 4.97 ERA) gets the start in the first game of three-game series Monday afternoon at Pittsburgh and RHP Trevor Williams (11-9, 3.30 ERA). Harvey is 1-2 with a 7.36 ERA against the Pirates this season.Cardinals: RHP Jack Flaherty (8-6 Baker Mayfield Jersey Elite , 2.87 ERA) kicks off a three-game series at Washington and St. Louisan RHP Max Scherzer (16-6, 2.22 ERA) on Monday afternoon. Flaherty has won four straight decisions and will make his first career start against the Nationals. After sitting out the Los Angeles Dodgers' road series against the Colorado Rockies, closer Kenley Jansen rejoined the team for Monday's series opener at the Cincinnati Reds, per Andy McCullough of the Los Angeles Times.Jansen skipped the trip to Denver because of concerns about an irregular heartbeat.A cardiologist visit Thursday and an exam Friday indicated he needs another ablation to correct his irregular heartbeat. It will likely be performed two weeks after the end of the season.He first underwent the operation in 2012."My cardiologist said he was definitely going to find something in there," Jansen said. "That's why they did the MRI, too. They're going to study the heart more."The 30-year-old washospitalizedAug. 9 before a road game against the Rockies and immediately flown back to Los Angeles. The irregular heartbeat alsocausedhim to miss time in 2011 and 2012.While he returned to the mound Aug. 20, his health could remain a concern going forward.On the field, Jansen has struggled this season compared to recent years, but he still has a 2.89 ERA across 62.1 innings and 34 saves in 38 chances.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).