ARE, Sweden - Struggling to overcome jet lag after making the trip from Canada to Europe, Tina Maze surprised herself on Friday.

in Regeln und Informationen 27.01.2018 07:07
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

ARE, Sweden - Struggling to overcome jet lag after making the trip from Canada to Europe, Tina Maze surprised herself on Friday. Jaylen Brown Jersey .The overall World Cup leader from Slovenia sped down the Olympia course in the second run of a giant slalom to win in a combined time of 2 minutes, 23.84 seconds. It was her third win of the season and 26th of her career.Honestly Id rather say Oh come on, just let me sleep. But then I said (to myself) Come on, you took this program now you should get yourself together and do the races, said Maze, the Olympic champion in the giant slalom. Sometimes you just have to push yourself over what your head is saying.Maze was in seventh place after the first run, but she still finished .20 seconds ahead of Sara Hector of Sweden, who secured her first career podium. First-run leader Eva-Maria Brem of Austria was third, .28 behind.Despite feeling sluggish, Maze was .70 faster than Hector and .86 faster than Brem on the second run.On the first run I didnt find the right pressure on the skis at the top, Maze said.After fulfilling her media obligations, Maze laid down on the snow with her arms outstretched for several moments, already preparing to get some well-earned rest.Feeling groggy actually seemed to help her to focus.Im still jet-lagged. For sure you pay more attention on that ... if youre in that state of mind that youd like to sleep, Maze said. Sometimes things are coming to you really fast and sometimes when youre not focused the mistakes can happen.Maze, who won the overall World Cup title in 2013, was 12th on the womens all-time list for World Cup wins.She has shown her versatility this season, with a downhill win in Canada last month and victory in slalom in Finland.Im probably the only one doing all events (this year), Maze said. Its amazing. Im really happy about my skiing. Im just relaxed.Her form is picking up quickly after she made a difficult start to the season, finishing 22nd at the season-opening giant slalom in Soelden, Austria. She improved to fourth in giant slalom last month in Colorado.I didnt worry too much about Soelden, the others did more. I know I have something else, she said. I expected a podium, I must say. I didnt expect a victory today.Brem secured her third podium of the season — all in GS — after winning in Colorado and placing third in Soelden.I had my first podium here last year, Brem said. For me, everything changed here.Italian skiers Federica Brignone and Nadia Fanchini were fourth and fifth, respectively, while Anna Fenninger was sixth.Marie-Pier Prefontaine of Ste-Agathe, Que., was 22nd.Fenninger, the Olympic giant slalom silver medallist from Austria, was looking to become the first woman since Anja Paerson in 2004 to win five GS races in a calendar year.A mens giant slalom under floodlights was to follow later Friday.The womens race was moved from Courchevel and the mens from Val dIsere because of a lack of snow in the French Alps. Bill Russell Jersey . Earnshaw, 31, most recently spent time on loan in Israel with Maccabi Tel Aviv from Welsh club Cardiff City, which plays in Englands second-tier League Championship. Earnshaw began his career with Cardiff Citys youth program and turned professional in 1998. Larry Bird Jersey . The former central defender calmly nodded it down and quietly went about celebrating a win with his staff. For a man who has had a lot on his shoulders this season, it was an appropriate moment. http://www.authenticcelticsproshop.com/Kevin-Mchale-Jersey/ . He has spent much of his adult life trying to give back to his native South Sudan, the war-torn African nation the Cavaliers forward and his family fled when he was a young boy.Antonio Conte’s transition to Premier League management will be easier if Chelsea retain John Terry, according to former Blues assistant Steve Clarke. Italy head coach Conte will take the managerial reins at Stamford Bridge after Euro 2016, becoming the fifth Italian boss in Chelseas history.Terry, who has made more than 700 Chelsea appearances, is set to depart this summer but Clarke believes Conte would benefit from the club captains presence for at least another season. Im surprised and I have been quite vocal in my support of John Terry staying at Chelsea next season, Clarke told Sky Sports News HQ. Antonio Conte won three consecutive Serie-A titles at Juventus John has been there so long. He understands the club and knows it inside out. He understands the passion of the supporters and it is just my personal opinion, but I think he would be a big help for the incoming manager. Play Fantasy Six-a-Side Pick your team here for the chance to win the guaranteed £10,000 jackpot. Its Contes first season in the Premier League and he would have Johns experience to call on when needed. Hed have Johns ear, if you like.John is the club captain and a big personality in the dressing room and it just seemms a little strange that they are going to let him go. Dennis Johnson Jersey. Its not as though he is over the hill. You look at his performances this season when hes been fit, the team have done well so I think he has another season in him. Ninth-placed Chelsea will not play European football next season and are yet to guarantee themselves a top-half Premier League finish, with just three games remaining.Clarke believes that could hinder the clubs ability to attract world-class players this summer but is convinced the 46-year-old Italian is the right man to revive Chelseas fortunes.The elite players, the top, top players around the world want to play Champions League football so Chelsea will struggle to attract that type of player to the club, Clarke said. Clarke believes Conte is the right man to motivate Chelseas under-performing stars But I think Antonio Conte is a good appointment. His track record is good. People I have spoken to tell me he is quite intense, not too dissimilar to Jose Mourinho in that aspect.Hes very demanding of his players and I think Chelsea have shown this season that they are a squad of players that need a manager who demands a lot of them and pushes them. Also See: Chelsea defend cost of new kit Hiddink: Leicester wanted me Courtois committed to Chelsea Terry taunts rivals Tottenham Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).