KAPOLEI, Hawaii -- Fred Funk shot a 10-under 62 on Saturday for a share of the lead with Paul Goydos in the Champions Tours Hawa

in Regeln und Informationen 26.01.2018 09:30
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

KAPOLEI, Hawaii -- Fred Funk shot a 10-under 62 on Saturday for a share of the lead with Paul Goydos in the Champions Tours Hawaii Championship. Atlanta Falcons Jerseys . Funk had 11 birdies and a bogey at Kapolei Golf Club. "Youve got to make a lot of birdies out here," Funk said. "My putter came around. ... Never seen greens this good. Theyre pretty fast. Theyre pristine." Goydos shot a 63 to match Funk at 15-under 129. Playing his fifth Champions Tour event since turning 50 in June, Goydos holed a 20-foot birdie putt on the par-5 first hole and closed with a short birdie putt on the par-4 18th. "Making the putt on No. 1 was key for me," Goydos said. "A good thing happened!" Funk made seven birdies -- most on short putts -- in an eight-hole stretch from No. 4 to 12. He also bogeyed No. 8. He added birdies on the par-5 14th and 17th and closed with an 8-footer on 18. "Today, was an exceptional day hitting close," Funk said. "Ive been playing well tee to green this year, but the putter has let me down. I switched putters this week." The 58-year-old Funk has nine Champions Tour titles, the last in June with partner Jeff Sluman in the Legends of Golf team event. Corey Pavin and Vijay Singh were 13 under. Pavin birdied the last five holes for a 61, and Singh shot 65. Pavin holed a 15-foot birdie putt on the par-4 18th. He also made birdie putts of 25 feet on No. 8, 15 feet on No. 10 and 25 feet on No. 16. "I made some putts, finally," Pavin said. "Ive been working on working on it. Its nice to see some putts going in. I hit a really solid firm putt on 18. ... I like Hawaii a lot. When I come here it kind of puts me at peace. I feel relaxed here." Tom Pernice Jr., the first-round leader after a 60, was in the group at 12 under after a 72. Davis Love III followed his opening 69 with a 72 to drop into a tie for 57th at 3 under in his Champions Tour debut. The 20-time PGA Tour winner turned 50 in April. Duke Riley Jersey .com) - The NBA will be on display overseas Thursday with the New York Knicks taking on the Milwaukee Bucks at O2 Arena in London. Matt Ryan Jersey . According to Dave Stubbs of The Montreal Gazette, preliminary talks have begun between Markov - an unrestricted free agent this summer - and general manager Marc Bergevin. http://www.thefaclonsshoponline.com/Youth-Deion-Jones-Falcons-Jersey/ . - Zac Leslie scored two goals and assisted on two more, and Justin Nichols made 34 saves as the Guelph Storm blanked the Kitchener Rangers 6-0 in Ontario Hockey League action on Sunday. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry received the NBAs yearlong community assist award, spoke passionately about his charitable works, then dished out another assist to his former coach. In his first extended public comments since Mark Jackson was fired, Curry said Thursday that he voiced his support for the coach but the team "made a decision otherwise." He also said the "semi-quick hire" of Steve Kerr was "kind of a shock" to most of his teammates. "Theres no sugarcoating it -- it was a weird, expedited situation that we didnt see coming," Curry said. "And guys are human. You have to be able to adjust to it and have some time to respond. Thats kind of what happened. I think well be fine once we have a clear picture of whats going on next year." Curry had been the strongest supporter of Jackson before the Warriors dismissed the coach May 6 after a 51-win season and back-to-back playoff appearances. Golden State agreed to a five-year, $25 million deal with Kerr on May 14 and introduced him at a news conference in Oakland on May 20. Even with owner Joe Lacob and general manager Bob Myers going against Currys request, the All-Star point guard insists he still believes in the franchises commitment to winning. "One thing I can say about this organization, they want to win," Curry said. "Each decision is geared toward winning. Thats something that flies well with a lot of players -- that theyre going to try to put us in the best position to win. Obviously, I had a certain opinion of Coach Jackson that they made a decision otherwise, and I heard the reasons, but I wont dwell on it. "As long as were focused on winning and taking advantage of the roster we have and the opportunity we have with this window to try to continue to get better, Im just looking forward to next year and getting back to making that happen," Curry said. "I havent lost faith in that at all. As much as I supported Coach Jackson and loved everything about playing for him, I think theyree about winning. Tevin Coleman Jersey. " Curry said he has spoken to Kerr three or four times by phone already. He said the conversations have been more informal than any basketball strategy, and hes looking forward to in-person meetings after Kerr finishes his job as a broadcast analyst for TNT in the Western Conference finals. Curry said his support of Jackson stems from their bond off the court and his memories of the organization before the coach arrived: a lot of losses -- and two ankle surgeries -- under Don Nelson and Keith Smart. "He was a sign of stability for me," Curry said. "I had three coaches in three years, and he embodies what I know is good around here with the Warriors -- winning and that kind of feel. It was a lot different in my first few years." But Curry said he will adjust, learn Kerrs style and play just as hard for him as he did for Jackson. And he has no doubt his teammates will, too. "At the end of the day, all of the guys in the locker room are trying to win," Curry said. "I know Steve Kerr has that mentality and that mission as well. Those two things will align, and well be fine." Earlier, Curry was awarded the NBAs 2013-14 Kia Community Assist Seasonlong Award in front of a crowd on Golden States practice floor that included many of the individuals and groups he impacted. Currys charity of choice, ThanksUSA, will receive $25,000 from the NBA and Kia Motors. ThanksUSA provides college, technical and vocational school scholarships for children and spouses of active-duty military personnel. Curry has served as a spokesman for the charity since 2010. Currys other charitable works included distributing 38,000 bed nets in Tanzania last summer with the "Nothing But Nets" campaign. He also helped raise money for the fight against malaria in Africa by donating three bed nets for every 3-pointer he made. Curry called the award a "huge honour" and a team effort. He thanked his family, agents, members of the Warriors, the NBA, and several organizations for partnering with him. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).