Freeland is 3-1

in Residenz des Hokage 04.12.2018 07:53
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

Billie Weiss/Boston Red Sox/Getty ImagesThe Boston Red Sox are one win away from their first postseason series victory since their 2013 World Series title.Boston seized a 2-1 lead in the American League Division Series with a commanding 16-1victory over the archrival New York Yankees in Monday's Game 3 at Yankee Stadium. Right-hander Nathan Eovaldi allowed oneearned run and fivehits while striking out five in seven innings during a clutch performance on the road.Brock Holt spearheaded the offensive fireworks by hitting for the first-ever postseason cycle Adam Engel Jersey , with his home run coming in the ninth inning off catcher Austin Romine.Red Sox Offense Most Dominant Force in PlayoffsThe Red Sox will lift the World Series trophy unless someone from the Milwaukee Brewers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Houston Astros and Yankees figures out their offense.Boston led the league in runs (876), OPS (.792), batting average (.268) and hits (1,509) as a well-oiled machine that is relentless from one through nine. Mookie Betts and J.D. Martinez are the anchors, but the unit proved its depth Monday with 18 hits from 10different players.MLB MLB1B: 鉁?B: 鉁?B: 鉁匟R: 鉁匴elcome to Brocktober. nKOgERVTNPSports Illustrated SInowxCGhbTo0saNathan Bernhardt jonbernhardtin fairness there might be larger problems with the proposition of beating the Red Sox if youre screaming for the bullpen with your best starter on the mound in the top of the thirdJoel Sherman Joelsherman114 runs is the 4th most the #Yankees have ever surrendered in their long playoff history -- and #RedSox might not be done yet.The showing came against Yankees ace Luis Severino, underscoring how dangerous this offense can be. Severino struck out seven in four shutout innings in the American League Wild Card Game win over the Oakland Athletics, but the Red Sox tagged him for six earned runs, seven hits and two walks in a mere three innings.Boston blew it open with a seven-run fourth, largely against Severino and Lance Lynn (three earned runs and one out recorded). Andrew Benintendi's bases-clearing double and Holt's two-RBI triple highlighted the explosion and drew raucous boos from the crowd.The Red Sox need to beat the Bronx Bombers one more time, but it's easy to look ahead to a matchup between their offense and the Houston starters. After all, the defending champions swept the Cleveland Indians and have time to set up a rotation featuring Justin Verlander, Dallas Keuchel and Gerrit Cole.Houston's trio allowed five earned runs in 17.1 innings against Cleveland but would face a much more daunting foe in Boston's lineup.The Red Sox offense is the hurdle that must be cleared to win a World Series, and Severino and Co. were not up to the task. Aaron Boone's Rookie Manager Moves Suck the Air Out of Yankee StadiumAaron Boone is not the most popular man in the Big Apple tonight.Like umpires http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-davidson-jersey , managers often make more headlines with mistakes than effective performances. Boone learned that the hard way in Game 3 of his first-career division series as a manager.Boston's formidable offense teed off on Severino with hard contact throughout the game, even when it didn't score in the first inning. A pitching implosion seemed inevitable to everyone except apparently Boone, who left his right-hander in to start the fourth frame after he allowed three runs in the previous two.Lindsey Adler lindseyadlerLuis Severino faced 18 batters. Ten of them reached base and one hit a sac-fly. That doesn鈥檛 count the hard-hit balls caught on the track. I dunno. I just dunno.Chris Emma CEmma670This day in age of power-armed relievers, it seems rare a starter is left in too long. Aaron Boone waited too long on Luis Severino, then went to another starter in a bases-loaded jam instead of a strikeout pitcher. Odd decision a turning point in this ALDS.Joel Sherman Joelsherman1Im sure part of equation for Boone is that with CC on mound tomorrow, figures will need lots of pen. But Severino does not have it tonight. #Yankees #RedsoxRyan Fagan ryanfaganI guess I just wonder, with the bases loaded and no outs, why you wouldnt bring in a reliever whos used to coming into a jam instead of an guy whos been a starter his entire career.Lindsey Adler lindseyadlerThis is a big, big ballpark. When those ~48k people are on your side, I doubt there鈥檚 nothing better. When they are *all* against you, boy.Not only did he leave Severino in too long, but his decision to turn to Lynn鈥攚ho has been a starter for most of his career鈥攚ith the bases loaded and nobody out also exacerbated the issue. Lynn walked Betts and allowed Benintendi's double, essentially ending the game.Boone wasvociferously booedwhen he emerged from the dugout, as the once boisterous New York crowd took out its frustrations on the manager ashome-field advantage shifted back to Boston with each passing mistake.Nathan Eovaldi Emerges as Much-Needed Support for Chris SaleChris Sale is as dominant of a starting pitcher as there is in Major League Baseball, but the rest of Boston's staff was a serious question mark entering October.David Price provided no answers by allowing three earned runs and two homers in 1.2 innings of a Game 2 loss Lucas Giolito Jersey , continuing his postseason woes (5.28 career playoff ERA and 3.25 career regular-season ERA). 2016 AL Cy Young winner Rick Porcello struggled for stretches this year on the way to a 4.28 ERA.Enter Eovaldi, who picked up the slack following Price's dud and gave the Red Sox a 2-1 lead.Christopher Smith SmittyOnMLBNathan Big Game Eovaldi.Jeff Passan JeffPassanNathan Eovaldis stuff is just ridiculous. His first-inning fastball velocities: 99, 99, 99, 100, 100, 101, 100.Christopher Smith SmittyOnMLBObviously have to go with Nathan Eovaldi on 0 days rest in Game 4.He didn't do it against just any team either. The Bronx Bombers led the league with 267 home runs in the regular season and flashed their power in Game 2, but Aaron Judge went just 1-for-4 as most of the offense struggled in Game 3. It was the type of showing the Red Sox envisioned from Eovaldi when they acquired him via trade from the Tampa Bay Rays in July.It was another solid performance in a Boston uniform, as his 3.33 ERA in 12 appearances would have been a career-best mark if projected across an entire season.The Red Sox are not going to win the World Series with just one effective starter, and Eovaldi did what Price is supposed to do and provided much-needed support for Sale in the middle of a playoff series. What's Next?The Red Sox have the opportunity to clinch a spot in the American League Championship Series against the Astros with a win in Tuesday's Game 4 in New York. DENVER — Colorado Rockies left-hander Kyle Freeland, who has been dominant at Coors Field, will take the mound Thursday in the rubber game against the San Diego Padres. The Rockies are 16-9 in starts by Freeland (11-7, 2.96 ERA), who is 7-2 with a 2.22 ERA in 11 home starts this season and will be opposed by rookie left-hander Joey Lucchesi (6-7 http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-nicky-delmonico-jersey , 3.79).Freeland has thrown 152 innings, close to the 156 he finished with as a rookie last year. But at this point last season, Freeland was wilting from the rigors of his first season in the majors. After Sept. 11, he made four relief appearances and one start, a three-inning effort in his final game of the season. Article continues below ...Freeland said experience has certainly been helpful this year. But he attributes his added strength and stamina to an offseason mechanical change and an altered throwing program.“The change in the mechanics helped not take so much of a toll on my body like my mechanics last year did,” said Freeland, who still pauses in his delivery when lifting his front leg but in a more efficient manner.“The hestitation’s more at the top,” he said, “where I can keep my load instead of de-loading and then trying to make a pitch and then keep that load and drive down the mound. And that’s taking less of a toll off trying to de-load and then trying to get it all back using my arm and my legs as much as I can.”Freeland said he changed his weightlifting programs to boost his stamina. And he has cut back on his throwing.“Since the All-Star break, every day after my start, I haven’t thrown,” he said. “I just take a day (off), and then I’ll have my bullpen (session) the next day. This year, it’s much lighter every single day, just not stretching it out because I know how long the season is. There’s no reason to try and build arm strength in season because you’re going to get tired. “All season it’s been lighter throwing in between starts. Not throwing a lot of flat grounds or having long bullpens. Kept my bullpens short most of the year and really shortened them up after the All-Star break.”Freeland is 3-1 Reynaldo Lopez Jersey , 1.72 in his past five starts, allowing one homer in 31 1/3 innings in that stretch. On Friday at Atlanta, he allowed three hits and one run in six innings and was the winner in Colorado’s 11-5 triumph. He’s 1-1 with a 2.92 ERA in two starts against the Padres this year and 1-2, 4.21 in six career games (four starts) against them.Lucchesi will be making his 20th career start and fourth against the Rockies. He held them to four hits and two unearned runs in six innings April 10 while winning his Coors Field debut 5-2, and he is 1-0 with a 1.69 ERA against Colorado in three starts this season. In his last outing Friday against Arizona, Lucchesi lost 9-4, allowing a career-high nine hits and five runs in four innings. That matched the shortest outing of his career. Lucchesi, whose herky-jerky motion with his hands makes for an unusual delivery, has pitched six innings three times — on April 15 against San Francisco and Aug. 12 against Philadelphia in addition to his April 10 outing at Coors Field. Lucchesi is 2-2, with a 2.87 ERA in six road starts and 4-5, 4.26 in 13 starts at home. “I think for the longest time we’ve given Joey the opportunity to just go pitch and not overwhelm him with information,” Padres manager Andy Green said. “This is the time to start taking information in on what we’d like him to change and how we’d like him to grow. And I think he’s responded to that very well right now. And I’m excited about that, because that ultimately will be the determining factor to how great you’re going to be is, can you grow?“I think he’s handled this year great. There’s been ups and downs. He’s been through injuries. He’s been through some struggles that way. I think he’s handled it well.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).