I thought today we did a good job

in Regeln und Informationen 04.12.2018 04:02
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. Authentic Khris Middleton Jersey . - Andrew Bogut saw Marreese Speights driving to the rim during a pickup game at the Golden State Warriors practice facility a couple weeks ago and never second-guessed what to do next.Bogut moved in Speights path, held his position and took a charge.Im not going to change the way I play, Bogut said. The way I play is I take charges, I block shots, I set hard screens. Unfortunately, we dont wear padding or anything like that, and every now and then were going to get a knock.Golden States centre and big difference maker has taken more than a few knocks in his career. Hes healthy again for training camp, and he knows that the Warriors will need him to stay that way to contend for anything this season.The fractured rib that sidelined him for the first-round loss to the Los Angeles Clippers is healed, he said, but the mental anguish of missing the playoffs has left another kind of scar.Since Milwaukee made him the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 draft, Boguts injuries include a dislocated right elbow, broken right hand, sprained right wrist, broken left ankle and fractured rib. He also has battled back discomfort on occasion.Bogut has never been bothered by those who believe hes injury prone. The only thing that bugs Bogut is not being able to play when his teammates need him most.The 7-foot Australian centre said he did everything he could to return sooner from his latest freak injury, which started after he took a hit against Denver and worsened when he was sandwiched by two Portland defenders a few days later. He said he had trouble breathing and could barely move, let alone battle Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan under the basket.Bogut popped pain-killing pills and laid on his stomach for nearly 24 hours a day following the fracture. He had a rib-protecting vest made in case he could return, but he was unable to even sit on the bench.Bogut said the rib might have calcified enough for him to play at some point in the second round had the Warriors advanced. Instead, they lost in a decisive Game 7 against a Clippers team that controlled the paint.I did everything like I was going to play. But in reality, Id rather be called soft and injury prone by every fan, blogger and media person out there than puncture my lung, Bogut said. Because they wouldnt be sending me a get-well card when Im in the hospital.When Bogut has played, he has played well.He dominated down low to propel the Warriors to the second round of the playoffs two seasons ago, even while nursing a sore left ankle that had him limping out of the locker room each time. He played 67 of 82 games last season, averaging 10 rebounds, 7.3 points and 1.7 assists.But his biggest impact has come on defence. Bogut has ranked among the NBAs best in defensive ratings and is the primary reason a franchise long known for offence has been transformed into a defensive leader, which makes the times he injured so difficult to overcome.Its having one of the best defensive centres in the league there versus not having him there. Its daylight and darkness, Warriors forward Harrison Barnes said. When hes healthy, he can pass, he can move. It just changes our whole dynamic.Unlike during Mark Jacksons tenure, new Warriors coach Steve Kerr is leaning on Bogut to be a focal point on both sides of the floor.During a visit to Australia this summer, Kerr brought a video that featured clips of offensive plays for Bogut. Some highlights were from Boguts time in Milwaukee. Others came from Kerrs days playing in the triangle offence for Phil Jacksons Chicago Bulls in the 1990s, when another Australian centre, Luc Longley, often helped initiate the offence.Andrews one of the best passing centres in the league. Hes one of the best Ive ever seen, and so for us to get him the ball on the elbows as a dribble-handoff guy, backdoor-pass guy, that will be emphasized, Kerr said.Bogut is embracing the challenge to feed Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and the rest of Golden States sharpshooters. He said he will play smarter, picking his spots when to put his body in harms way.But wont play afraid, he said, because thats just not the way he plays.It doesnt really worry me. Im still kicking and breathing. Im still playing basketball and doing what I love, Bogut said. Theres going to be obstacles everybody faces in their life. Its just unfortunate injuries for me. I could say its bad luck or somebody put a hex on me, but you cant control it.___Antonio Gonzalez can be reached at: www.twitter.com/agonzalezAP Authentic Eric Bledsoe Jersey . Anything less than gold for either nation is considered a disappointment. Yet for Switzerland, advancing to the semifinal might be a victory in itself. Authentic Malcolm Brogdon Jersey . -- The Green Bay Packers have signed quarterback Graham Harrell to the active roster from the practice squad and placed tight end Andrew Quarless on injured reserve. http://www.cheapbucksjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-ray-allen-jersey . And while taking highly-touted Simon Fraser offensive lineman Matthias Goossen second overall on Tuesday night will definitely help in an area of need for the club, it was a swap of draft picks that may prove to be his most shrewd move. "When Jesse Briggs started to fall a little bit, you could just see Kyle perk up in his chair.TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays have used power, speed and pitching on a recent surge that has put them in first place in the American League East. Their 3-1 victory over the Oakland Athletics on Sunday showed just how well that combination can work. Edwin Encarnacion provided the power with his 14th homer of the season, Jose Reyes provided the speed by equalling a career best for a game with three stolen bases and left-hander J.A. Happ provided the pitching with seven runless innings. Put it all together, and you get a team thats on a season-best six-game winning streak and has won 16 of its past 21 games. "I dont know if you ever see it coming," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "What it really comes down to is were just playing good baseball. The starting pitching has been really good, our offence has been alive, the bullpen has been solid." The Blue Jays (29-22) swept the three-game series with the Athletics (30-20) who lead the AL West despite losing their past four games. "Our three pitchers and their three pitchers were very good," Gibbons said. "And in those tight ball games, some clutch hitting and some great base running made the difference in most of those games. So ride it, ride it." It was Torontos second straight sweep after taking three games from the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park. Happ (4-1) allowed four hits and three walks while striking out seven in his longest outing of the season. "Hes filling up the strike zone," Gibbons said. "Hes really doing a nice job of using his fastball on both sides of the plate. Hes locked in right now. (Catcher Erik) Kratz has done a great job with him." Dustin McGowan replaced Happ in the eighth and allowed Josh Donaldsons 11th homer of the season. Casey Janssen pitched the ninth inning to earn his seventh save in as many attempts this season. "Definitely wanted to pitch off the fastball today and Kratz did a great job behind the plate," Happ said. "We were on the same page and tried to use that. "First and foremost it was about me throwing the ball where Im supposed to throw it, and then pitching off the fastball and using everything. I thought today we did a good job establishing the fastball." As left-hander Drew Pomeranz (4-2) allowed five hits, four walks and two runs in four-plus innings. "I think I maybe tried to locate a little too much instead of going right at guys and ended up walking too many people and being in bad counts a lot," Pomeranz said. "I wasnt attacking guys like I should have." The Blue Jays did not have a hit until Encarnacion homered to left on a 2-2 fastball with one out in the fourth. It was the 14th of the year and the 12th of the month, tying him with Jose&nbbsp;Bautista for the team record for homers in May. Authentic Tony Snell Jersey. The run also snapped a string of 18 consecutive runless innings for Pomeranz. Toronto went on to load the bases in the inning on singles by Brett Lawrie and Dioner Navarro and a walk by Steve Tolleson, but Kratz grounded into a double play to end the inning. The Blue Jays loaded the bases in the fifth on a single to centre by Kevin Pillar, an infield hit by Reyes and a walk to Melky Cabrera. Bautista singled off right-hander Jim Johnson to score one run, but Reyes was thrown out at home by left-fielder Yoenis Cespedes. Encarnacions pop to centre field dropped in but Bautista was forced at second on centre-fielder Craig Gentrys throw to Johnson covering second base. Gibbons immediately challenged but the review upheld the call. Unconvinced, Gibbons argued and was ejected for the first time this season. "I was looking up at that (score) board and it looked pretty obvious to me," Gibbons said. "Their video probably isnt as big as that board maybe. I guess its a good system but its not a perfect system. That was big right there. We were sitting pretty good with a chance to blow the game open if hes safe. The out call changes the whole complexion a I thought they got it wrong out there." Bautistas sacrifice fly against right-hander Luke Gregerson in the seventh gave Toronto a 3-0 lead, scoring Reyes who opened the inning with a single and stole second and third. The three steals in a game equalled a career best for Reyes who has done it eight times. The previous time was Sept. 25, 2008, against the Chicago Cubs when he was with the New York Mets. "He can really generate his own runs when he gets in scoring position," Gibbons said. "Jose is feeling good right now. ... Hes exciting, thats one of the reasons they brought him over here." The Athletics completed a nine-game trip at 5-4 starting with five wins against the Cleveland Indians and the Tampa Bay Rays. "You go through these periods," As manager Bob Melvin said. "Youve just got to fight your way through it. "Youre not always going to score seven, eight runs a game and right now were going through a drought." NOTES: The last time the Blue Jays were alone in first place later than May 24 was July 6, 2000. aRight-hander R.A. Dickey lowered his earned-run average to 3.95 with his 8 1/3-inning outing in Saturdays win to drop his ERA below 4.00 for the first time in his Blue Jays career. a The Blue Jays open a three-game series at Rogers Centre against the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday with right-hander Drew Hutchison (3-3, 3.45 ERA) facing Ottawa left-hander Erik Bedard (2-2. 2.63 ERA). aAttendance was 45,277, the fourth sellout of the season. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).