is room, you've caught the brass ri

in Regeln und Informationen 03.12.2018 03:48
von xuezhiqian123 • Halb Gott | 1.705 Beiträge

Henrik Stenson successfully defended his title at the $8 -million DP World Tour Championship in dramatic fashion Under Armour Running Shoes , making two birdies on the final two holes to win by two shots on Sunday.

A final-round two-under-par 70 gave world No.4 Stenson a final tally of 16-under-par 272, two better than his three Ryder Cup teammates - world No.1 Rory McIlroy (68), No.7 Justin Rose (69) and No.22 Victor -Dubuisson (68).

Ireland's Shane Lowry (66) was alone in fifth place at 13 under par, while England's 22-year-old Tyrell Hatton (70), Sweden's Robert Karlsson (69) and South African Louis Oosthuizen (66) were tied for sixth on 12 under par.

Stenson, who finished -second on the Race to Dubai, picked up a check of $2.13 -million ($1.33 million for the victory and $800,000 as Race to Dubai bonus pool), said, "It feels great. I'm exhausted to say the least.

"I've had a couple close calls this year to get my win and it wasn't to be earlier. Eventually you get something if you stick around, and I surely did that today so I'm very pleased with that."

The new European No.1 McIlroy could not win the two trophies he was aiming for, but he said he would have been -surprised if he had won the tournament the way he had been playing all week.

"I never expected 14 under to have a remote chance of -winning this golf tournament," said McIlroy, who had already won the Race to Dubai before the start of the week.

"I just didn't play well enough to win this week, and if I had have won by playing like that, it would have been a bit of a surprise."

Postage stamps named in Stephon Marbury's name and face is unveiled in Beijing April 18, 2015.[PhotoCFP] Postage stamps named in Stephon Marbury's name and face is unveiled in Beijing April 18, 2015. [PhotoCFP] Former NBA star Stephon Marbury (C) of CBA Beijing Ducks attends a ceremony to unveil a postage stamp named in his name and face in Beijing April 18, 2015. [PhotoIC]

BEIJING, April 20 (Xinhua) -- Former NBA star Stephon Marbury has a statue in front of the arena of Beijing's Wukesong Stadium, three Chinese Basketball Association titles and now he has a postage stamp named in his name and face.

Marbury keeps winning in Beijing. Fresh off winning his third championship in the Chinese basketball league, Marbury was honored with a postage stamp in a ceremony at the National Museum of China on Saturday.

The 38-year-old left the NBA Knicks in 2010 and reinvented himself in China, where he was named one of its 10 "model citizens" in 2014 and honorary citizen of Beijing.

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that people will be able to buy a stamp of me to mail packages anywhere in the world," said Marbury, who plans to give a speech at the National Museum of China in Beijing.

"I am truly humbled. Never did I imagine in all of my 38 years of living that I - a kid who grew up 7,000 miles away from Beijing and a kid who came from the projects of Coney Island - would have a stamp of myself. I can never have dreamed it."

Marbury has applied for a Chinese "green card", or permanent residence permit. "I'm applying for a Chinese green card," Marbury wrote last Friday in his Weibo account, Chinese version of twitter. China started to grant permanent residence permits to foreigners in 2004. Since then, about 5,000 foreigners have received permits.

Marbury, who left a 20 million US-dollar NBA contract behind six years ago to play basketball in Beijing, is now a settled superstar in China. He led Beijing to their third and second straight Chinese basketball league title last month and was voted the CBA finals MVP.

George Clooney accepts the Cecile B. DeMille Award at the 72nd Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills.

When actor-director George Clooney accepted his lifetime award at Sunday's Golden Globes awards, he used his acceptance speech to both put the value of awards in perspective and voice his support for the victims of the deadly attack on French newspaper Charlie Hebdo.

"Today is an extraordinary day," Clooney said as he accepted his Cecil B. DeMille award recognizing his work as actor, filmmaker and activist.

"Millions marched not only in Paris but all around the world, and there were Christians and Jews and Muslims, leaders of countries all over the world, they didn't march in protest, they marched in support of the idea that we will not walk in fear. Je suis Charlie."

Clooney, 53, who wore a "Je Suis Charlie" lapel pin, demonstrated self-deprecation in his acceptance speech, poking fun at himself for having lost more Globes than won.

"If you're in this room, you've caught the brass ring, you get to do what you've always dreamed to do and be celebrated, and that ain't losing," he said.

Clooney, who has starred in films including "Oceans Eleven," "Syriana" and "The Descendants," paid tribute to late stars Lauren Bacall and Robin Williams, saying "I have no idea what hardware Robin Williams took home but I sure remember 'Carpe diem.'"

He also quipped about the backbiting emails that leaked when Sony Pictures was hacked, encouraging everyone to make amends, and the unfavorable reviews for his 2014 film, "Monuments Men," joking: "I'll get you back."

All eyes were on the actor and his new wife Amal as they made their red carpet debut as a married couple on Sunday.

"It's a humbling thing when you find someone to love, and even better when you've been waiting your whole life," a choked-up Clooney said on stage to his wife.

"Amal, whatever alchemy it is that brought us together, I couldn't be more proud to be your husband."

Earlier in the night, stars such as Jared Leto, Helen Mirren, Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger also voiced support for the Charlie Hebdo victims, while Theo Kingma, president of Golden Globes organizers the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, made a poignant speech on . Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys China Cheap MLB Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Authentic NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NBA Basketball Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Free Shipping

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).