surgery. His first start since

in Residenz des Hokage 26.11.2018 04:23
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

Texas left-hander Martin Perez will have two more chances to help the Rangers decide his future with the team Blake Parker Jersey , beginning Sunday when he starts against the Seattle Mariners in the final game of the season at Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas.Seattle will send left-hander Wade LeBlanc (8-4, 3.49 ERA) to the mound in search of the series win to counter Perez (2-6, 6.33 ERA).The Mariners rolled to a 13-0 win over the Rangers on Saturday behind home runs from Robinson Cano, Mike Zunino and Dee Gordon and six innings of one-hit pitching from Marco Gonzales.Article continues below ...Perez, who has made his past six appearances out of the bullpen, will also start next Saturday in Seattle. His most recent start was Aug. 25 against the San Francisco Giants.After that start, Texas told Perez that it was unlikely to pick up his option for next season. But with a manager change in Arlington and the Rangers’ acknowledged dearth of starting pitching, Perez will be given a puncher’s chance to change the team’s mind.“I can’t think about that,” Perez said. “Just go out there and do my job, let everybody know I am healthy. Throw strikes CJ Wilson Jersey , pitch like a reliever, how I threw the last three or four outings. Attack, that’s the key.”Perez has a 2.45 ERA since moving to the bullpen at the end of August.“Just because I’ve had a bad year doesn’t mean I can’t be a starter,” Perez said. “It means they still believe in me. I think they know what I can do. I know what I can do.”Perez has been a starter for most of his career and is still determined to fill that role, whether the Rangers pick up his option or he moves on to another organization.Meanwhile, Seattle left-hander James Paxton worked through the rain on Friday afternoon to finish a 40-pitch bullpen session that helped him show he was ready to return to the rotation after suffering a case of pneumonia.Paxton is set to start Monday in Seattle against Oakland as the Mariners open their season-ending seven-game homestand.“He got through it,” Servais told MLB.com about Paxton’s bullpen session. “He did say he got a little fatigued toward the end of it, but he’s pushing through it. He wants to make that start when we get back home.”LeBlanc is set to make his 26th start of the season on Sunday against Texas. He had a no-decision in his last start, a 4-1 Mariners win at Houston on Monday in which he allowed one run in 5 1/3 innings.That run was the first he surrendered in 24 1/3 innings after going 19 innings between Aug. 25 and Sept. 12 without giving up a run, the longest scoreless innings streak among Mariners starters this season.Sunday’s start will be LeBlanc’s fourth career appearance and third start against Texas. He is 1-0 with a 1.93 ERA against the Rangers. Seattle is 16-9 in LeBlanc’s starts this year.Perez has made 13 starts this season. He has gone 2-6 with a 6.95 ERA in those starts but is 0-3 with a 5.63 ERA in last eight.Perez is 7-4 with a 3.30 ERA in 19 games, 17 of them starts http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-julio-urias-jersey , in his career versus Seattle, marking his highest win percentage against any AL West opponent. An unsettled closer situation isn’t an ideal way to make a playoff push.That’s where the St. Louis Cardinals find themselves heading into a weekend series against the rebuilding Detroit Tigers.A couple of blown saves by Bud Norris during the first week of the month has manager Mike Shildt going with a committee approach. Carlos Martinez secured a six-out save in a 7-6 victory over Washington on Wednesday.Article continues below ...Jordan Hicks and Dominic Leone are also in the mix to finish games.“Carlos will be down for a couple of days, so here we go Jordan, here we go Bud, here we go Dominic Leone,” Shildt told mlb.com. “You want straightforward answers that I just can’t give you. I wish I could tell you, but it’s a flexibility thing. The good news is every guy in that bullpen embraces that.”The Cardinals will play three games in Detroit, beginning Friday night, before a seven-game homestand as they try to chase down the Chicago Cubs in the National League Central.Catcher Yadier Molina left Wednesday’s game in the eighth inning after experiencing hamstring tightness but said afterward it was a minor issue.Rookie left-hander Austin Gomber (5-0, 2.77 ERA) will start the opener and has collected victories in four of his last five outings despite some control issues. He has walked 10 batters during that span but just one in his last two outings.He lasted a season-high seven innings against Cincinnati on Friday, allowing two runs and 10 hits in a 12-5 win.He held the Reds scoreless after the first inning.“This guy is not going to give in Cody Bellinger Jersey ,” Shildt said. “He’s going to bear down and make tough pitches and he did that.”The usually light-hitting Tigers are coming off an offensive outburst in their last two games. They scored a combined 18 runs in two victories over the Chicago White Sox, including five home runs.Their 10-2 win on Wednesday night was interrupted twice by rain.“We just hit the ball all over the field,” manager Ron Gardenhire said. “We had a lot of guys with some big hits and it was just one of those nights, raining, ugly out there and somehow or another, we got hits.”Left fielder Mikie Mahtook, who spent a majority of the season at Triple-A Toledo, homered in each of those games. Since Aug. 23, Mahtook is batting .341 with 10 runs scored, five homers and eight RBIs.“He’s made a little adjustment with his hands, just like a couple of other guys Chris Taylor Jersey , getting him in a better hitting position,” Gardenhire said. “He’s squaring up the ball pretty good.”Tigers left-hander Daniel Norris will make his second major league start since recovering from groin surgery. His first start since April went well until it was cut short by a calf cramp.Norris (0-3, 5.49 ERA) gave up just one hit, albeit a homer, in 4 1/3 innings while striking out seven against the New York Yankees on Saturday.“My breaking balls were good and my fastball is still true and has a little life on it,” he told the Detroit News. “I’m still getting some swings and misses, even at 91 and 92 mph. I’m learning how to pitch and when the 95 mpg comes back I am going to be better for it. I feel like I can absolutely compete at this level right now.”Norris has never faced the Cardinals.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).