Fraenzi Aufdenblatten of Switzerland

in Regeln und Informationen 12.11.2018 04:14
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

CHARLESTON, S. Jahleel Addae Jersey .C. -- Montreals Eugenie Bouchard couldnt finish off German Andrea Petkovic on Saturday at the Family Circle Cup womens tennis tournament. Bouchard was two games away from recording the win and advancing to her second WTA Tour final. But the ninth-ranked Petkovic rallied for the 1-6, 6-3, 7-5 victory and hand the 20-year-old Bouchard her third loss in as many head-to-head meetings between the two. Playing her third straight three-set match, Bouchard was just one point away from going ahead 5-2 in the third. But Petkovic broke Bouchard twice down the stretch to advance to her first championship since Washington, D.C., last August where she fell to Magdalena Rybarikova in straight sets. "I think I just hesitated on a few balls and on my chances. Thats not the way I want to play," Bouchard said. "I really want to go for my shots, and when I hesitate, it doesnt end up well for me." Petkovic will face Jana Cepelova, who came back from 4-1 down in a third-set tiebreaker to oust 17-year-old Swiss qualifier Belinda Bencic 6-4, 5-7, 7-6 (7). Petkovic broke down and cried with a towel over her head after the match, happy and relieved that she was again in this position after the past three years dealing with injuries to her ankle, knee and back that caused her to miss nine months on tour. "I was just so relieved and I was proud that I came back from all these injuries, and I never thought that I would play finals in the big tournaments again," said Petkovic, who hadnt gotten past the quarter-finals in her six previous tournaments this season. Petkovic, ranked 40th in the world, calmly analyzed her first-set shortcomings and understood that with a few changes, she could get back in the match. "I wasnt that upset because I felt Genie was playing incredible tennis," she said. "I just lacked that 10 per cent." So Petkovic moved a step closer to the baseline so she could hit deeper forehands and put Bouchard on her heels. Things finally clicked midway through the second set as Petkovic fought off three break points to hold serve and begin her comeback. "I said, Even if I miss more, Im going to have to get the length or shes going to kill me," Petkovic said. Bouchard wasnt done, taking a 4-2 lead in the final set and having a chance to break serve for a bigger lead. But Petkovic hit a pair of crisp serves to win that game and followed by breaking Bouchards serve to tie the set at four games. Petkovic broke Bouchards serve a final time to close out the match on four consecutive points. Bouchard trailed in the third set in her two previous matches before eliminating No. 11 seed Venus Williams in the third round and No. 2 seed Jelena Jankovic in the quarter-finals. Against Petkovic, Bouchard says she didnt play as aggressively down the stretch as she had hoped. Petkovics father, Zoran, played college tennis at South Carolina and was among the Gamecocks top players with an 18-8 singles record in 1982. She hopes to give her family more reason to celebrate their connections to the Palmetto State. Andrea Petkovic, whos won two WTA titles at Strasbourg in 2011 and Bad Gastein in 2009, understands shell be expected to easily defeat her untested opponent. "They are super young, so they will come out and play great tennis," she said. "I am 100 per cent sure of that, so I will have it very tough and I will have to fight hard." J.J. Jones Jersey . Coach Jorge Sampaoli resisted naming any major surprises in the list published Tuesday at the site of Chiles football association. Chile is pinning its hopes on the recovery of Vidal. Justin Jones Jersey . -- Jimmie Johnson has a sixth NASCAR championship in hand and two legends within reach. http://www.cheapchargersjerseysonline.com/?tag=geno-smith-jersey-online . - The Seattle Sounders busy off-season continues with the team acquiring defender Chad Marshall from the Columbus Crew in exchange for a 2015 third-round pick and allocation money.LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland - Maria Hoefl-Riesch was taken to a hospital with a shoulder injury after crashing in a downhill race on Wednesday, allowing Anna Fenninger of Austria to move atop the overall World Cup standings. The final downhill of the season was won by Lara Gut of Switzerland, the Olympic bronze medallist , but the drama centred on 2011 champion Hoefl-Riesch. The 29-year-old German was taken by helicopter off the slope and then brought to a nearby hospital for treatment. "She has pain in the shoulder and back on the right side. We dont know yet but we dont expect any fracture or (dislocation)," Germany team spokesman Ralph Eder told The Associated Press by telephone. Fenninger was sixth-fastest before Hoefl-Riesch started last in what has shaped up as a back-and-forth duel for the overall title. Hoefl-Riesch crashed midway down when her skis slipped away beneath her at a sharp right-hand turn. She slid off course and became tangled in the safety nets. With Fenninger failing to win the race, Hoefl-Riesch had clinched the season-long downhill title minutes before entering the start gate. But she missed valuable points toward the bigger prize. The downhill trophy ceremony went ahead after the race with an empty top step on the poddium and the German anthem playing as the helicopter landed nearby. Brandon Facyson Jersey. Fenninger earned 40 points to take an 11-point lead overall. That could be enough for her first title if Hoefl-Riesch is unable to compete in the three remaining races this week. "I hope Maria can race again. I dont know how she is," Fenninger said. "My focus is on the next two races. What she is doing, I cant change." The 24-year-old Austrian will start in super-G on Thursday and the season-ending giant slalom on Sunday. Hoefl-Riesch was scheduled to start all four races at the World Cup Finals. She is chasing a second overall title after getting her third Olympic gold medal in Sochi last month. Still, no woman has won more World Cup races this season than Gut, who got her sixth victory and second in downhill. Gut won in 1 minute, 32.31 seconds, beating Elisabeth Goergl of Austria by 0.05 seconds. Fraenzi Aufdenblatten of Switzerland was third, 0.57 behind, in her final World Cup race before retiring. The womens race started two hours after the men went down the same 2.3-kilometre (1.43-mile) Silvano Beltrametti course. Gut was 2.32 seconds slower than mens winner Matthias Mayer of Austria, giving her the 18th fastest time of the day. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).