He played in just five spring

in Regeln und Informationen 09.11.2018 04:43
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. Logan Thomas Jersey . -- A mere three weeks ago, Jonas Hiller was gearing up for the playoffs during another strong season as the Anaheim Ducks starting goalie. After a few poor starts got him benched to end the regular season, Hiller now appears to be the top-seeded Ducks last resort in net in the first round against Dallas. The Swiss Olympian is trying to stay positive for his teammates, but Hiller is undeniably dismayed. "Ive definitely not been the happiest guy to be around lately," Hiller said Monday. "You can ask my wife." Hiller won 29 games during the Ducks best regular season in franchise history, but he realizes hell likely watch one of Anaheims two rookie goalies make his playoff debut at Honda Center on Wednesday. Frederik Andersen and John Gibson have 31 combined games of NHL experience, but theyve both seized the opportunity created by Hillers minor slump. Hiller is still featured prominently on the wallpaper on the Ducks website, but that might be the only place Anaheim fans can see the soon-to-be free agent in uniform again unless the rookies falter. "Ive had a few sleepless nights," Hiller said. "The whole situation isnt easy, but at the same time, Im here in the playoffs, we had the best record in Ducks history, and I know Ive been a big part of it, so its not really a reason to hang your head." The Ducks (54-20-8) have the Western Conferences best record and a Pacific Division title heading to the post-season. What they dont have any more is a clear-cut starting goalie. Yet coach Bruce Boudreau and captain Ryan Getzlaf both claimed thats not a problem as they began preparations for Dallas. "Sometimes you have to make tough decisions," Boudreau said. "The good news is you see (Hiller) out there working really hard. I think were in a position where we have three good goalies. I dont think I can screw it up too bad, whoever I choose." Hiller has been the Ducks starting goalie for most of the past half-decade, starting when he seized the job from beloved veteran Jean-Sebastien Giguere during the 2008-09 season. He has won a playoff series and made an All-Star team while providing steady netminding for an up-and-down club that has frequently played inept defence in front of him. But Hiller has known for months that he could be headed out of Orange County. His contract expires this summer, and he hasnt received an extension from a team with most of its key parts locked up for several years. "Not knowing whats going to be next season and all that stuff makes it even a little tougher," Hiller said. "But at the end, the further we go, the better I think for everybody. I really hope Im going to get another chance, but if not, I want to be able to help the team no matter what." The Ducks apparent decision to relegate Hiller to the bench is based on his recent play, but its also likely influenced by their future. If they let Hiller walk, the Ducks need to know their youngsters can handle the job. So far, theyve been solid. Andersen, a 6-foot-4 Dane with a powerful net presence, hasnt lost a start since mid-March, going 20-5 with a .923 save percentage as Hillers backup this season. The 20-year-old Gibson is widely considered the strongest goaltending prospect in hockey. Although he was only called up when a minor injury sidelined Andersen recently, Gibson was named the NHLs second star for last week, allowing just four goals while winning his first three big-league starts. The Ducks seem confident either rookie can withstand the pressure of a post-season run with no prior experience on that stage. "Ive seen kids step up and run with things all the time," said Getzlaf, who won a Stanley Cup title during his second NHL season in 2006-07. "Sometimes its better not to know whats going on. You just go out there and play. You always hear that old saying, The dumb kids dont know any better. We were like that when we were young. We just went out and played and enjoyed the moment, and were just hoping our goaltenders can do that." Hiller said hell be rooting for the rookies along with his teammates, while still hoping for a chance to finish what he started in Anaheim six seasons ago. "If you want to go all the way, you probably play 20-plus games," Hiller said. "And 20 games ago, I had three shutouts in four games, so it can go quick either way." Marcus Murphy Jersey .com) - The surging Montreal Canadiens will try to match their longest winning streak of the season when they visit the Florida Panthers for Saturdays clash at BB&T Center. Discount Buffalo Bills Jerseys .J. -- The NHL reduced its penalty against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday for signing Ilya Kovalchuk in 2010. http://www.cheapbillsjerseyssale.com/?tag=rafael-bush-jersey-sale .Y. -- The New York Islanders were seeking a positive finish to a frustrating season on home ice. TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter has taken on-field batting practice for the first time since his 2013 season was cut short by injuries. Jeter hit with authority to all fields during a five-round, 39-swing session Monday at the Yankees minor league complex. Jeter also took grounders at shortstop for the first time this year, fielding 34 balls at his usual position. "Everything is good so far, knock on wood," Jeter said. Jeter, who turns 40 in June, had hit in an indoor batting cage and fielded grounders on infield grass the previous two weeks. He was limited to 17 games last year after breaking an ankle during the 2012 playoffs. The Yankees captain is not worrying about those who doubt his ability to return from the severe injury. "My job is to be ready to play," Jeter said. "I remember when I was 35, everyone said that was it. He cant play anymore. End of my career. So, its really nothing different. Eventually, somebody is going to be right, you know what I mean? Youre going to run out of numbers." Jeteer broke his left ankle during the 2012 AL championship series. Jason Croom Jersey. . He played in just five spring training games last year and broke the ankle again in April during rehabilitation. "This off-season is like a normal off-season," said Jeter, who was in a walking boot until early January last year. "Im four months ahead of where I was last year. Last year, quite honestly, I want to forget about it." Jeter missed the first 91 games of the 2013 season, then felt pain his right quadriceps when he returned July 11. He went back on the DL, returned July 28 for three games, then strained his right calf. Back in the lineup on Aug. 26, he played through Sept. 7, when he left for a pinch runner after singling against Boston. Four days later the Yankees said his season was over. Jeter wound up hitting .190 (12 for 63) with one homer and seven RBIs. Yankees pitchers, catcher and injured players start workouts Feb. 15. Jeter said hell remain at the minor league complex until the first full-squad big league workout on Feb. 20. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).