Edmonton wants to keep rolling

in Regeln und Informationen 08.11.2018 04:32
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

BROSSARD, Que. Tyler Larsen Jersey . — It will be hard to overlook the head-to-head battle between the likely top two picks in the NHL draft when Canada faces the United States at the world junior championship. Debate has raged for at least two years on whether Canadas Connor McDavid or American Jack Eichel will go first at the 2015 draft in June. But before that is settled, the gifted teenagers will face each other in a showdown for first place in their preliminary round group at the Bell Centre on Wednesday afternoon. Watch the game on TSN1, TSN4, TSN5 and TSN GO at 3:30pm et/12:30pm pt or follow the action on the TSN Radio Network. While both insist the game is about the teams and not themselves, many fans in the seats and viewers on television will be comparing the play of two of the best junior prospects to emerge in recent years. Its there a little bit, McDavid said Tuesday of the Connor versus Jack sideshow. Its been something thats been there for a long time now, but at the end of the day, its the U.S. against Canada. Its not me against anybody else. Eichel agreed. Its not all about me versus Connor, its a huge matchup for the top seed in our bracket, he said. Eichel, who turned 18 on Oct. 28, was named captain of the American squad despite his youth, while Canada made McDavid, who turns 18 on Jan. 13, an alternate to captain Curtis Lazar. It is rare for a so-called underage player at the mostly 19-year-old tournament to wear any letter at all, but these two are special talents. Both are great skaters. Both have sublime hands and playmaking ability. Both pile up points, although neither has had a breakout game at the world juniors yet. After three games each, McDavid has a goal and two assists, all collected during a 4-0 win over Germany. Eichel has a goal and a helper. In the Ontario Hockey League, the six-foot-one 187-pound McDavid has 16 goals and 51 points in only 18 games for the Erie Otters. Before the world juniors, he hadnt played since Nov. 11 after breaking his right hand in a fight. The six-foot-two 193-pound Eichel has eight goals and 27 points in 16 games for Boston University playing against slightly older competition in the NCAA. Now they are set to play against each other with a host of NHL scouts and a national TV audience watching every move. You always want to be a difference maker, whatever game it is, said the soft-spoken McDavid. Obviously its a bigger stage, but that doesnt make a difference. Both coaches, Benoit Groulx for Canada and Mark Osiecki for the U.S., praised their young phenoms for not getting too caught up in the hype about themselves and for putting their teams performance first. Although McDavid and Eichel have never really met off the ice, theyve faced each other before at under-17 and under-18 events. They also both played at last years world junior championship in Malmo, Sweden, although neither was in a leading role at that point in their development. Its exciting, but its more exciting just to be at this tournament in general, said Eichel. Its been a lot of fun so far and Im sure itll be a blast. Canada and the U.S. have built a rivalry in recent years that will add intensity to the matchup. And regardless of who wins, they could end up meeting again in the knockout stage. For us, its Canada versus the U.S., not Connor versus Eichel, said Groulx. Those are two guys among 44 players who will play against each other. I cant answer for him, but I think a lot of media have been talking about Eichel and McDavid, so I think theyre used to it. But Connor is a team player and he thinks more about us winning than him versus Eichel. Canada (3-0-0 for nine points) has outscored its opponents 16-1 so far, while the U.S. (2-0-1 for eight points) has an 11-1 edge. The Americans lost a point by going to overtime and a shootout in its tournament opening 2-1 win over Finland. Where Canada has an edge is on the power play, which has scored on five of 10 chances. The Americans have one goal in 13 opportunities. Neither team has conceded a power-play goal. Groulx made a surprise move in announcing that Eric Comrie will get the start in goal. Zach Fucale, a Montreal native, started the first and third games, allowing one goal, while Comrie had a 4-0 shutout against Germany. While the choice suggests to some a lack of faith in Fucale, Groulx said he considers them equal and said it has not yet been decided which of them is the number one netminder. He also said that Vancouver Canucks prospect Jake Virtanen will stick with McDavids line with Curtis Lazar after playing there in the third period of a 4-1 win over Finland on Monday night. That bumps big Nick Ritchie of the Peterborough Petes to the fourth unit. Hes the same type of player as Rich, McDavid said of Virtanen. Hes a big body. He flies out there. Hes a real presence and he has a lot of skills. The game also features two more players slated as top-10 draft picks: fourth-line forward Lawson Crouse for Canada and defenceman Noah Hanifin of the U.S., who many have ranked just behind McDavid and Eichel. Team Canada Lines Forward Domi - Reinhart - Duclair Virtanen - McDavid - Lazar Paul - Petan - Fabbri Crouse - Gauthier - Ritchie Point Defence Nurse - Theodore Morrissey - Bowey Heatherington - Hicketts Morin Goaltender Comrie (starts) Fucale Ben Jacobs Jersey . On Tuesday, the star questioned whether that was still the case. Speaking to reporters at a charity event, Johnson said: "I just kind of wonder sometimes: Is this still the place for me?" Johnsons comments came after he was asked why he recently skipped a voluntary minicamp. Marquis Haynes Jersey . Billy Hamilton finished off Cincinnatis biggest comeback of the season for a doubleheader sweep. http://www.cheapjetsjerseyssale.com/?tag=trai-turner-jersey-sale . The Raptors have to get through the pesky New York Knicks Wednesday at Madison Square Garden and can lock up the third spot in the Eastern Conference with a win or a Chicago loss in Charlotte.TSN football analyst Chris Schultz is back with his Week 19 selections in the CFL. The Big Man finished 4-0 in Week 18, and sits at 50-23 on the season. Now Schultz is ready for more action. Hamilton at Ottawa Steve Milton from the Hamilton Spectator had the perfect quote to assess the Hamilton Tiger-Cats season from hear on in. By making too many errors, the Ticats have left no room for error. Basically, this is it. Two wins - over Ottawa and Montreal - and they are in, but anything less and what had so much optimism around it will create a season of disappointment. I doubt Hamilton will begin a game down 15-0 by the end of the first. Then also, I doubt they will put together a 109 yard drive for a touchdown. Back on October 17, Ottawa at Hamilton ended 16-6 for the Ticats. This one should be the same with the same result. In the two games remaining, the Redblacks will audition many players. The positive in that is that the effort level will be there. The negative is that without continuity, a team will have trouble with consistency. The key for Hamilton is to get Moses Madu back as a full-time running back. Hamilton Winnipeg at Calgary Last game of the year for the Bombers and I know what players are thinking dont get injured. I have no doubt that all of the Winnipeg Blue Bomber players will play hard against Calgary but I also have no doubt that when this one is over it will be a relief that as players you made it through healthy so you can have a normal offseason and not one depended on rehabilitating something for 2015. It is an awkward mindset going innto the last game of the year. Authentic New York Jets Jerseys. For Calgary, I would not be surprised if some starters sit for this game and play the next week with an anticipated bye week before the playoffs. I am looking for a limited John Cornish and even more opportunity for Matt Walter at running back. Calgary BC at Edmonton This could be a preview of the West semifinal, as BC has a game advantage over Saskatchewan. Never knew Marco Iannuzzi was such a good kick-off returner for the Lions with his 168 yards in returns against Edmonton. I do know Solomon Elimimian is six tackles from breaking JC Sherritt all-time single season record of 130. Edmonton wants to keep rolling and I think you see everyone play and then next week not so much, depending on what happens this week. Edmonton is closing the consistency and efficiency gap between themselves and Calgary. A statement win over the Lions will say a lot. Both teams on the rise but I will take Edmonton in a close one. Edmonton Toronto at Montreal The Argos will have to have a much, much better game than the last one at Rogers Centre two weeks ago when Montreal took over in the third quarter and won 20-12. The better quarterback is Ray over Crompton but the Alouettes have the two monster receivers of Carter and Green over anything Toronto has. This one could come down to a field goal but that will be because one defense rises to the challenge of the game. I think it will be Montreal, especially with Kyries Hebert back again. Toronto can win but have to win both the penalty battle and turnover count. Montreal Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).