Andros Townsend has urged Newcastle to grasp the survival lifeline they have been thrown to preserve their Premier League status

in Regeln und Informationen 03.01.2018 06:17
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

Andros Townsend has urged Newcastle to grasp the survival lifeline they have been thrown to preserve their Premier League status. Jim McMahon Jersey . Rafael Benitezs men began the weekend six points adrift of safety, but boosted their hopes of pulling off a great escape after rivals and fellow relegation candidates Sunderland did both a favour by winning at Norwich before the Magpies beat Swansea 3-0.The likelihood is still that two of the three clubs which occupy 17th, 18th and 19th places will join relegated Aston Villa in the Championship, but victory over Manchester City in their game in hand on the Canaries would lift Newcastle out of the drop zone and increase belief that they can rescue themselves. Townsend, a January arrival from Tottenham, told the clubs website: It was massively important. The games have been running out and we knew that eventually we had to get three points, and weve done that now.Weve got five games left and weve got to win our home games if we want to stay in the Premier League.I think people outside the club wrote us off after the Southampton game, but we knew that four of our last six games are at home, we knew that we had a good record at home and we knew that we were still in with a chance.One week later, everythings changed. Norwich have slipped up, weve capitalised and now its anyones to grab now. Hopefully we can be the team that takes the last five games by the scruff of the neck and does enough to survive. Rafa Benitez praised the Newcastle fans for supporting his players Townsend played a key role as the Magpies belatedly handed Benitez his first win on his 56th birthday, delivering the corner for Jamaal Lascelles to head in the opener before setting up skipper Moussa Sissoko to score a second.The £12m signing from Spurs wrapped up the victory in the final minute of normal time with his second goal in as many games, but it was the manner of victory as much as the fact of it which gave his team cause for hope.Lascelles belied his youth and inexperience with an outspoken critique of his teams performance and character at Southampton last weekend, but the 22-year-old was delighted with the reaction seven days later. He said: In this changing room, we need a character because I think we have lacked it - I said it last week, I think we have lacked it a little bit this season.Im young, but I dont think that matters. I dont care about experience or anything like that - if you can talk, you can talk, so do it.But its had a big reaction on the other players and thats exactly what we needed, so I am really pleased with them.Watch Newcastle take on Manchester City in a Football Special on Tuesday, April 19 from 7pm on Sky Sports 1. Phil Thompson reflects on Newcastles victory Also See: Newcastle 3-0 Swansea As it happened Newcastle fixtures Get a £10 free bet! Charles Leno Jersey . Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, the Houston Texans No. 1 pick in the draft, was on the field Tuesday for the first time with former NFL Defensive Player of the Year J. Mike Glennon Jersey . Viewers in the Canadiens region can watch the game on TSN Habs at 7:30pm et/8:30pm at. http://www.authenticbearsnflfansmall.com/c-22-bears-eddie-goldman-jersey.aspx . Fellow Argentina forward Gonzalo Higuain also had a brace for Napoli. And Samuel Etoo scored for his fourth different team. On a night of standout individual performances Wednesday, Schalke goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand had a game hell want to forget.CALGARY - The Calgary Stampeders re-signed import defensive lineman Demonte Bolden on Tuesday. Bolden, who was set to become a free agent on Feb. 15, played 17 regular-season games at defensive tackle for the Stampeders in 2013, recording 34 tackles, four sacks, three knockdowns and two fumble recoveries. Bolden missed the CFL Western Division final because of a knee injury suffered in Calgarys regular-season finale. "Demonte was a strong presence on the interior of our defensive line last season," Stampeders head coach and general manager John Hufnagel said in a release. "All reports indicate that his recovery is going well and Im looking forward to seeing him back in full form at training camp. Sam Acho Jersey. " Bolden, 28, signed with the Stampeders in 2011 after two seasons with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. He has 110 career tackles to go along with nine sacks and five fumble recoveries. "Im grateful to be returning to the Stampeders," said Bolden. "I love the city, I love the fans, I love my teammates and its great to be back. My knee is doing very well and Im working hard to get ready for the coming season." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).