Colvin was out trying to stretch

in Regeln und Informationen 24.10.2018 08:01
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Nathan Eovaldi had dominated the Atlanta Braves in his last seven starts against them. Jose Reyes Jersey . That was hardly the case this time as Freddie Freeman broke a 2 for 44 season slump against the Marlins with a three-run homer that sent Miami to a 6-1 loss Wednesday night. "Hes always a threat up there regardless of how hes been swinging," Eovaldi said. "Hes got the power and he just went down there and hit a good pitch. But after that I was able to establish the fastball down and away and start working to my advantage." Ervin Santana won his second straight start for the Braves, who pulled within one game of first-place Washington in the NL East. Fourth-place Miami, which snapped a three-game winning streak, is 8 1/2 games back. Freeman, an All-Star first baseman, hit his 14th homer to give the Braves a 5-0 lead in the four-run second inning. Santana (9-6) won for third time in four starts, giving up six hits and one run with three walks and 10 strikeouts in 7 1-3 innings. "We just werent able to make an adjustment on Santanas off-speed pitches," Miami manager Mike Redmond said. "He threw a lot of sliders and changeups and kept us off balance the rest of the night." Santana registered double-digit strikeouts for the second time this year and the 13th time in his 10-year career when pinch-hitter Jordany Valdespin whiffed to begin the eighth. But Santana walked Christian Yelich and gave up a single to Donovan Solano, leading manager Fredi Gonzalez to bring in Jordan Walden, who struck out Giancarlo Stanton and Casey McGehee to end the threat. Eovaldi (5-6) failed to win for his fifth straight start after allowing six hits, five runs and two walks in seven innings. He struck out two. Eovaldi began the night with a 4-0 record and a 2.21 ERA in eight starts against the NL East this year and was 2-0 with a 0.90 ERA in his last seven starts against Atlanta. "Its great the he kept us in there, kept us from having to use a bunch of bullpen guys," Redmond said. "But I think where we are right now for him is for him to win games at the big-league level hes got to eliminate those big numbers in an inning." The Braves took a 1-0 lead in the first on Justin Uptons sacrifice fly RBI. In the second, Atlanta went up 5-0 on Tommy La Stellas RBI single and Freemans homer. Miami made it 5-1 in the third on Christian Yelichs RBI single. In the Braves eighth, Jason Heyward singled against Sam Dyson, stole second base and took third on catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchias throwing error. Heyward then broke for home on Chris Johnsons grounder to shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, who threw to Saltalamacchia to get Heyward in a run-down. Third baseman McGehee, however, missed tagging Heyward, who was called safe by third base umpire Alan Porter as he dove back to the bag. Marlins manager Mike Redmond did not ask for the play to be reviewed, but he was ejected after arguing with Porter. "I just thought he (Heyward) was out of the baseline," Redmond said. "Maybe I was more frustrated that we didnt get the out in that situation than anything." Heyward scored when the next batter, Gerald Laird, singled to make it 6-1. Notes: Yelich went 2 for 3 and has a 17-game hitting streak on the road and his hitting .411 in his last 73 at-bats away from Miami. ... Heyward went 2 for 4 to boost his average five points to .409 in 61 at-bats against Miami since last Aug. 3. ... The Marlins dropped to 64-112 at Atlanta, including a 15-27 mark since the start of 2010. ... RHP Anthony Varvaro was placed on the paternity leave list as the Braves recalled RHP Gus Schlosser from Triple-A Gwinnett. ... Atlanta LHP Chasen Shreve pitched the ninth for Atlanta and faced five batters. Gary Carter Jersey . - The Seattle Sounders busy off-season continues with the team acquiring defender Chad Marshall from the Columbus Crew in exchange for a 2015 third-round pick and allocation money. Juan Lagares Jersey .C. -- Lucy Li made two double bogeys, a triple bogey and finished her historic round at the U. http://www.metsrookiestore.com/Mets-Lenny-Dykstra-Kids-Jersey/ . However, the 38-year-old is in no hurry to sign with another team. "Im not in a rush. This will be my last contract, so I want to do it right," said Burris on Thursday. PHOENIX -- Everything was working for Madison Bumgarner. The lanky left-hander pitched into the ninth inning in a dominant performance, leading the San Francisco Giants to a 4-1 victory against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday. "I feel like I got better as the game went on," Bumgarner said. "We were making pitches both sides of the plate, the ball down when we wanted to go down and when we wanted to go up. I felt pretty good all-around today." When Bumgarner took the mound for the ninth, the only hit he had allowed was an infield single that easily could have been an out. "Im not going to lie. I thought about it," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "That would have been a tough only hit to give up." Another infield hit ended Bumgarners outstanding day. He was charged with an unearned run to go along with seven strikeouts and two walks. "He was exceptional," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "Maybe the best I have ever seen him." Sergio Romo gave up Martin Prados RBI single but got his second save in two nights and his 22nd in 26 opportunities overall. Cody Ross got Arizonas first hit when he reached on a dribbler to the left of the mound in the second. Bumgarner went to his right to get the ball, slid, and then stood up and threw low to first baseman Joaquin Arias. "I just tried to get to it as soon as I could," Bumgarner said. "I thought sliding and picking it up and standing up would be the quickest to do it. I didnt want to air-mail it to Arias over there. I kind of threw it in the dirt and gave him a tough hop to get. Nine times out of 10 he comes up with that." Arizonas Paul Goldschmidt called it "one of the better performances Ive seen." Diamondbacks rookie Mike Bolsinger (1-3) allowed a run and five hits in 7 2-3 innings. "He is good and that is why he will probably be an All-Star again this year,&quuot; Bolsinger said of Bumgarner. Travis dArnaud Jersey. . "All I could do is really keep the team in the game. I tried to and we just caught Bumgarner on one of his good days." San Francisco won two in a row against Arizona after losing six straight. It was the third victory in the last 12 games for the NL West-leading Giants, who play the next 10 at home. "It was time for us to start working our way out of this," Bumgarner said. "Everybodys still been in good spirits, a good attitude, so thats a big series to win for us." San Francisco led 1-0 through eight innings. The run scored when Tyler Colvin doubled home Brandon Crawford from first in the fifth inning. Colvin was out trying to stretch it to a triple on a superb relay throw by shortstop Didi Gregorius. San Francisco tagged on three in the ninth, including Joe Paniks run-scoring double for his first career RBI in his first major league start. Buster Posey also doubled home a run and Crawford had an RBI single. In the Arizona ninth, pinch-hitter Jordan Pacheco reached on an error by shortstop Crawford and Ender Inciarte singled off the glove of third baseman Pablo Sandoval. Bochy then pulled Bumgarner, who was trying for his third career complete game. Romo came on and gave up Prados hit, but Paul Goldschmidt hit into a double play and Aaron Hill struck out to end it. NOTES: The Giants have decided not to put OF Angel Pagan on the DL, at least for now. He has missed the last six games with back problems. ... San Francisco returns home to face San Diego on Monday in the opener of a 10-game homestand. Matt Cain (1-5, 4.52 ERA) goes for San Francisco against Andrew Cashner (2-6, 2.46 ERA). ... The Diamondbacks have Monday off and begin a two-game interleague series against Cleveland on Tuesday. ... Diamondbacks rookie SS Chris Owings missed his second straight game with a sore ankle. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).